Recoil 680, 110 or Nippon 990 for new Apex irons.

Willwhite

Reaction score
Handicap
Hello,

I was fit this afternoon for the new apex irons mostly for the lie and how the club felt seeing how I am using the current apex. With this being said my current set of Apex have the UST 680 Recoil F4 which is around 82 grams which feel good to me. I went to order these same shafts and it doesn't look like this shaft is offered for the new Apex irons which brings me to my question.

I order the UST Recoil 110 shaft in the new ones but that's close to a 20 gram swing in weight with my SS on irons being between 87 and 95 avg 91. Since I'm use to this 82 weight I mentioned the Nippon 990 which is suppose to weight around 86 grams. So I'm kinda of in the middle on what to do, my order is going to placed on Monday but don't wanna pick the wrong shafts. I am a waiting an answer to see if it possible if the 680 is available if not I have to make a decision.

Reagrds,
Will

If no price difference in clubs, I would go with the Recoil 110. If they don't work for you, you can always have the Recoil 680 put into the new heads. If you went this route and wanted to sell the Recoil 110, you would get more for them than selling the Nippons.

Hey Sox,

The Recoil 110s were $60 extra a club. Just did some research, there is a new recoil shaft 780es I'm going to ask about.

If no price difference in clubs, I would go with the Recoil 110. If they don't work for you, you can always have the Recoil 680 put into the new heads. If you went this route and wanted to sell the Recoil 110, you would get more for them than selling the Nippons.

this is solid advice right here.

What about the Recoil 780 F4? Looking at the Callaway site for the F4 they are 87 grams. That should get you about as close to the 680s as any of those options. I want to test out the Recoil 95s as I would like a little more weight on my irons.

http://www.callawaygolf.com/golf-clubs/irons-2016-apex.html

For some reason the 780es didn't pull up at the store. I will find out for sure tomorrow seeing how these sound about right.

Now the question would be should I go light or stay with the 110s.

Back