Gary Woodland Waste Management Phoenix Open Winner - WITB

100 gram fairway shafts...

A driver shaft tipped 2"...

I'm always somewhat amazed with the bags of players without equipment deals, especially with driver and FW woods.

I assume you're referring to the Taylormade preference. I've been gaming a Ping G25 driver for a few seasons. Loved the stealthy looking head, loud noise, forgiveness, feel, etc., but I lacked consistency (not the driver's fault, I know). I decided to bite my tongue, sold the G25, picked up my current M1 a couple months ago, and after hitting it/adjusting it once I can see why the pros bag TM woods. I've never been one for movable weights and always liked to focus on my stroke and strike over customization/fitting, but it's kind of wild how dialed in your can make these woods with a proper shaft/weight fitting.

Time will tell if my mindset changes throughout this season when I get some real playing time with the M1 under my belt...

TaylorMade has had a pretty freaking hot start to the year in terms of wins with the M3/M4 drivers. Also, I love that he has a PM grind wedge in there and the Bridgestone ball.

Miiiixxed bag for the win

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Very interesting. Matter of fact, the only bags that ever catch my eye are those without a club deal.

TaylorMade has had a pretty freaking hot start to the year in terms of wins with the M3/M4 drivers. Also, I love that he has a PM grind wedge in there and the Bridgestone ball.

It doesn't surprise me that the TM profile is hugely popular on tour regardless of the massive staff list. Even back in the SLDR days it made a ton of sense.

It doesn't surprise me that the TM profile is hugely popular on tour regardless of the massive staff list. Even back in the SLDR days it made a ton of sense.
Can you elaborate?

Sent from my SM-G900T using Tapatalk

Definitely makes sense. Their margin for error is so small...

SLDR performed for those that could hit the center all of the time. And I'm sure the equipment they've got out now does the same.

And when you have great players playing gear that performs well for the top tier...there will be victories.

But does it perform that much better for the rest of the non top .00005%? That is the question....and the answer....IMO...is that it doesn't make enough difference to spend the money for the average Joe. But as I said before, most of the time, "It's the Indian, not the arrow"

Can you elaborate?

Sent from my SM-G900T using Tapatalk

SLDR was a huge jump forward in the low spin market and was an amazing club if you don't miss the center of the face often. Same with the jump to the first M1/M2 a lot of players switched mid year. They have been played heavily on tour for a while

I didn't notice he was playing a Bstone and didn't notice the PM Grind! Kind of a cool mix of clubs for sure.

Back