New Gear Alert: Flux Putters

JB

Follow @THPGolf on Social Media
Albatross 2024 Club
Staff member
Reaction score
New putter company is coming soon and they are called Flux putters and feature a technology they are calling DAR Tech. What is it and will it help you? The answers are in this New Gear Alert video.

Very interesting, the weighting in the toe makes sense but wondering if that really only helps golfers with certain stroke types (leaving face open at impact, etc.).

pretty neat interview and the concept makes sense. Would like to see analysis of DAR Tech vs Microhinge

If your stroke was an open to closed type, wouldn't the toe weight resist closing the putter?? Interesting though!!

Interesting idea. I root for start ups.

If I am being honest, the white flat brim doesn't exactly scream professional and technical to me.

Very interesting, the weighting in the toe makes sense but wondering if that really only helps golfers with certain stroke types (leaving face open at impact, etc.).
That was one of the first thoughts I had as well.

I'd be curious to hear/feel how the face feels off both of those types.

It looks like many manufacturers have come to terms with the fact that a 'milled' face or a hinged, bumped, (whatever you want to call it) seems to get the ball on line truer and faster. It would be interesting to see the comparison on which does the best. DAR Tech looks like another intriguing face feature to compete with the rest of the field.

I watched this video twice. Lots of great/interesting details and digesting them took more than 2 min. :D

Concept makes sense, but for me it would come back to looks. I'm not a fan of the looks of those.

Can it be overlooked? Probably not for me. Maybe for some.

Interesting video. Interesting story. Interesting looks.

Interesting video. Interesting story. Interesting looks.

I kind of wish there was more to hear because I find these rather interesting. But the two pieces he mentions in the video kind of make sense to me, esp the part about the weight in the toe.

I am a sucker for a dual sided putter...

That's a really interesting product. I'd like to learn more about DAR Tec as it seems like a great concept. I'm not sure how the weight in the toe would impact different types of strokes though. I really like the angle that she shaft sits at on the putter head.

I'm kind of intrigued. I tend to aim simple, narrow blades the best, and love the FGP and bullseyes, so I could probably get used to the look. I'm having a hard time guessing how it would feel through the stroke though, being heel shafted but with a heavy weight in the toe. But I'm open minded and look forward to hearing thoughts from anyone who gets to try one.

I'm not put-off by the groove technology, but not particularly excited about it either. I've never had a problem with getting a good roll with any type of putter face, as long as I get the loft, ball position and stroke dialed in. I'm sure a slow motion camera could show I get faster roll with this or whatever grooves, but I just can't see it making much of a difference on the course. But again, I don't mind that it's there if it feels good and comes off the face predictable.

Looking forward to hearing more about these!

Cool looking putter and another good interview by Fup interesting look do we having any pics at address?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Not sure I'll ever get the opportunity to see and try these, but I definitely want to. I think the design and tech is very intriguing.

The sneak peek on these a week or so ago had my. Interests perked. Not sure I love the head shape but my putting has been so poor I'm open to whatever helps at this point. Nice spot! Hope they do well

Sent from my STV100-2 using Tapatalk

The sneak peek on these a week or so ago had my. Interests perked. Not sure I love the head shape but my putting has been so poor I'm open to whatever helps at this point. Nice spot! Hope they do well

They said they’re working on other head shapes, this head was ready and they decided to roll with that one.

They said they’re working on other head shapes, this head was ready and they decided to roll with that one.
Yea I mean it's not Hideous but there's something about it to my eye that isn't quite right.

Like the sounds of DAR Tech. As has been previously mentioned, I am concerned with proper putter head realease with adding 20 grams to the toe end of the blade. I'm sure they fully addressed and tested it, just seems to be contrary to a lot I have heard and read in the past.

This putter had a very unusual shape but I did enjoy the weight. Being able to putt right or left handed would be cool

Sounds nice. It'd be great to actually roll one and compare.

So much cool content from this year's PGA show.

Interesting. This is definitely a putter I’d need to see in person before buying.

Excellent job on that interview Fup. DAR Tech and Micro Hinge look to be very similar to me.

Another great short video with quick easy to understand explanation.

Back