2016 THP Kickoff Classic Sponsored By Kentwool

So here is an assessment of my game after two rounds this weekend.

Driver and 3 wood off the tee were both fine all weekend other that two duck hooks on 18 both days lol. Iron play was awful at times but FWIW I think I found a little something on the back nine today. Wedge play from about 40-50+ yards out was poor but chipping was pretty solid and I am loving the new putter grip I had installed and its made a big difference so I have a much more confident stroke at the moment. I am hoping I can get back out a few more times and get my body back in golf shape...was a little sore this morning as well from yesterdays round. Overall, I believe if I can get some more rounds in that I will find something that can click for this trip and hopefully help our team out some :)

Keep grinding boys!

Has it been announced which course we are playing day 1? Would like to start looking at formats with course being known if possible.

Has it been announced which course we are playing day 1? Would like to start looking at formats with course being known if possible.
I dont believe JB has yet.
Id tell but I don't want to get fired

Got a chance to play 18 today around Indy. A little windy but it was great being out there. Front 9 started out a little rusty, but my ball striking got better as the round went on and I was pleased at how I finished.

Walked the round while wearing a pair of the Kentwool KW Sport socks. Feet felt great afterwards and just reaffirmed for me how great these socks are.

Can you expand a bit on what you mean here?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I have a tendency to hang back a bit on the right side. We worked on a better transition from the right to left without spinning out and the club was able to drop into the slot without be trying to control it. I was able to swing free and down the line as the left hip had drawn out of the way. The club head released properly, my held angle made a great download and hence a square face with crisp strikes. Make sense?

The driver was solid all weekend. Putter was alive and well today making 3 birdie putts over 20 feet and a couple of 6 - 8 foot par saves. One of these days I will grow up and learn how to hit irons consistently...

I have a tendency to hang back a bit on the right side. We worked on a better transition from the right to left without spinning out and the club was able to drop into the slot without be trying to control it. I was able to swing free and down the line as the left hip had drawn out of the way. The club head released properly, my held angle made a great download and hence a square face with crisp strikes. Make sense?

Clear as mud

Thanks Cap. I'll see if I can't put that explanation into practice on my end.

Clear as mud

Thanks Cap. I'll see if I can't put that explanation into practice on my end.

If you don't have issues clearing your left side, it will cause issues. This fix is something I've battled most of my adult time.

If you don't have issues clearing your left side, it will cause issues. This fix is something I've battled most of my adult time.

I have issues

So from the four formats we will be playing in this event, which is your favorite? Which format suits you best? Which format are you least looking forward to?

Shamble
Pinehurst
Alternate Shot
4 Ball (Best Ball)

For me I am looking forward to Pinehurst, as this will be the first time I have played it. Definitely interesting to say the least. As for my favorite I have to say Alternate Shot. It's a format that you have to be ready for anything that can be thrown your way. As for my least favorite I would have to say Shamble...and that's just because I had to choose.

Let's hear it everyone. Once again this poll is open to the entire THP community.

I have never played Alternate Shot nor Pinehurst so I am looking forward to each equally.

I have never played Alternate Shot nor Pinehurst so I am looking forward to each equally.

Most dislike Alternate shot, but I enjoy it. Pinehurst seems interesting.

Most dislike Alternate shot, but I enjoy it. Pinehurst seems interesting.

I love alt shot. In all of its frustrating glory. I love how much it makes me think.

Alt shot is a favorite along with shamble. Pine hurst just because my experience is so limited.

The great man responsible for this event being as awesome as it is was interviewed a few times at the PGA Show by the Dean of THP. One of them is going up shortly and you can see how much fun he is having with Kentwool. Check it out when you get a chance (style section of THP Forum) (should be up shortly) and let us know what you think.

Will do.

Every time I saw him wearing those caddie whites and the huge smile on his face, it was obvious. Will tune in for the interview for sure.

I'm looking forward to Alternate Shot the most. Its such a mental format. Much more so than all the others. The team that can withstand he too and fro of Alternate Shot the best will emerge victorious for that nine. I've played it twice before. Looking forward to it for sure, and curious as to who my teammate will be!

I'm looking forward to Alternate Shot the most. Its such a mental format. Much more so than all the others. The team that can withstand he too and fro of Alternate Shot the best will emerge victorious for that nine. I've played it twice before. Looking forward to it for sure, and curious as to who my teammate will be!
I was just about to type that Alt shot is my most worrisome of the formats. I just hate to leave my teammate in an awful spot, especially if it's a shot they're not used to making.

This will be my first experience with both formats as well and am really looking forward to it.

Great video and nice job Dean, I loved the interview and chuckled a couple of times at Dan''s comments, it is obvious he is all in on his products but is a fun guy too.

I was just about to type that Alt shot is my most worrisome of the formats. I just hate to leave my teammate in an awful spot, especially if it's a shot they're not used to making.

To me that's what has to be faced first. Its going to happen. There is no way to avoid it. You will place your partner in bad spots, and he will place you in bad spots. The team that comes to terms with that first and handles it the best will have an edge.

Alt shot is my favorite. Requires both players executing well to win...most rewarding for me given the difficulty.

I'm looking forward to Pinehurst since I haven't played that format before (or alternate shot). Shamble is a good team game and four-ball is four-ball. Please forgive me if I ask "What do you lie?" on what seems like every shot.

First round of the year today and was overall pleased with the round. I had some nice drives and some solid fairway wood/iron play. I attribute the good play to the comfy Kentwool socks I was wearing.

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk

Back