Shot Navi HuG Golf GPS Watch Review

JB

Follow @THPGolf on Social Media
Albatross 2024 Club
Staff member
Reaction score
Great review Dean. I’m not really a fan of having a watch on my wrist when I play but having a heart rate monitor on top of a full Gps tracker makes me reconsider. Thanks for the review!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Good stuff Dean. I really like all of the information you can get on the screen. This seems like a really solid option with a price point that isn't bad.

Nice review Dean, sounds like the watch is fantastic at doing what it advertises. I really like how they moved the buttons to the face to avoid the erroneous hole changes during a round due to the swing. Price is decent, right there with many other models on the market if not a few dollar cheaper.

Maybe I am used to my Garmin, but that face looks too busy with all the different numbers shown, and if it only shows one of the F/M/B numbers at a time then it seems a pain to have to press a button to cycle through them when I can just glance at my wrist and see all 3 on my current watch?

Not a fan, but I am sure some people will like it

Nice review Dean, sounds like the watch is fantastic at doing what it advertises. I really like how they moved the buttons to the face to avoid the erroneous hole changes during a round due to the swing. Price is decent, right there with many other models on the market if not a few dollar cheaper.

Unless I am looking at a different watch, it looks like the buttons are on the side, it is indicators showing what they do that are on the face?

Maybe I am used to my Garmin, but that face looks too busy with all the different numbers shown, and if it only shows one of the F/M/B numbers at a time then it seems a pain to have to press a button to cycle through them when I can just glance at my wrist and see all 3 on my current watch?

Not a fan, but I am sure some people will like it

Unless I am looking at a different watch, it looks like the buttons are on the side, it is indicators showing what they do that are on the face?

it allows you to choose views. One view lets you focus in on a number and scroll to another if you choose, the other view will give you FCB all at once. And yes the buttons are on the side.

One view....and you can see its focused on the Front #

80434d51c85d4ec2c614939f94e8635a.jpg

And the other view with FCB

1f7e6c9339e0ebc50105b9059a95cbf1.jpg

Very nice review Dean. I like all the tech built into this unit. Personally not a fan of wearing watches at any time, especially while playing golf, though.

None on the right side where wrist hinge can inadvertently hit buttons during swing if worn on left wrist.

None on the right side where wrist hinge can inadvertently hit buttons during swing if worn on left wrist.

there are buttons on both sides. 2 on the left, 3 on the right. But they did not get impacted during swings.

i-tDFrrsQ-XL.jpg

i-Bt5mJkm-XL.jpg

Probably the only complaint with my Neo XS. Probably happens 3-4 times a round.

Probably the only complaint with my Neo XS. Probably happens 3-4 times a round.

my Neo X is the same thing. It might sound silly, but with the buttons feeling as soft as they do, I think that helps absorb that contact more and not make the "click".

Thanks Dean, couldn't see those on the right in the photos. Makes sense now!

Excellent write up Dean! I think the non-HR model is more my speed but these look like solid options to have available.

Excellent write up Dean! I think the non-HR model is more my speed but these look like solid options to have available.

I like the style of the other version that Dan is reviewing too. But I like that they have two watch models that look very different

I like the style of the other version that Dan is reviewing too. But I like that they have two watch models that look very different

Yup. It’s a good call on their part to offer both options. The price points on the entire lineup are very very good. I love getting a good product at a great price.

Yup. It’s a good call on their part to offer both options. The price points on the entire lineup are very very good. I love getting a good product at a great price.

yup price is fair on this one. The inclusion of the heart rate monitor is nice. I wish it had an app that I could keep track of that heart rate over time. The GPS watch space is very competitive right now, so many options out there.

Good write up Dean, that’s a lot of features and a decent look packed into $160.

yup price is fair on this one. The inclusion of the heart rate monitor is nice. I wish it had an app that I could keep track of that heart rate over time. The GPS watch space is very competitive right now, so many options out there.

Does it sync with Apple health or the android equivalent?

What’s the weight of the watch ?

Wouldn’t wearing a watch impact the swing similar to how a heavier grip would?

Reason I ask is I once read an article where they had people hit shots both with and without a watch and results were impacted.

What’s the weight of the watch ?

Wouldn’t wearing a watch impact the swing similar to how a heavier grip would?

Reason I ask is I once read an article where they had people hit shots both with and without a watch and results were impacted.

According to their info, it weighs in at 1.94 ounces. Currently its in my car, but I'm feeling a bit lazy to go get it and weigh.

Could wearing a watch have an impact, sure. Would it have nearly as big of an affect as an oversized grip, in my very non-professional opinion, nope. And if it did have an an impact on distances I would bet the difference would be so minimal that those who are playing with a GPS watch to get yardages, would rather keep that watch on and know their number every time, than have to worry about a 1-2 yard difference and having to guesstimate or continuously pull out a laser.

According to their info, it weighs in at 1.94 ounces. Currently its in my car, but I'm feeling a bit lazy to go get it and weigh.

Could wearing a watch have an impact, sure. Would it have nearly as big of an affect as an oversized grip, in my very non-professional opinion, nope. And if it did have an an impact on distances I would bet the difference would be so minimal that those who are playing with a GPS watch to get yardages, would rather keep that watch on and know their number every time, than have to worry about a 1-2 yard difference and having to guesstimate or continuously pull out a laser.

1.94oz would be 55g. I can’t remember what that equates to swing weight wise but if one is sensitive to swing weight changes there might be an impact there.
Just pointing that out fwiw.

1.94oz would be 55g. I can’t remember what that equates to swing weight wise but if one is sensitive to swing weight changes there might be an impact there.
Just pointing that out fwiw.

but theweight of a watch is not really effecting the swingweight of the club. If it's impacting anything in an adverse ways, it's the players ability to cut through the air and become aerodynamic. Now if you put 55 grams under the grip or counter weight it, it sure as hell will. I'm not saying there is no impact at all of wearing a a GPS watch, but I seriously doubt that the difference is going to be noticeable when out playing.

but theweight of a watch is not really effecting the swingweight of the club. If it's impacting anything in an adverse ways, it's the players ability to cut through the air and become aerodynamic. Now if you put 55 grams under the grip or counter weight it, it sure as hell will. I'm not saying there is no impact at all of wearing a a GPS watch, but I seriously doubt that the difference is going to be noticeable when out playing.

Correct, it has no impact on swing weight. Its not attached to the club or really even the hands. Just as wearing a glove doesn't either. It would be like saying wearing no shirt would...haha

Back