Poll: How Many Rock a Non-Stock Driver Shaft?

Poll: How Many Rock a Non-Stock Driver Shaft?

• Stock Shaft

Votes: 32 25.8%
  • Custom Shaft

Votes: 92 74.2%

• Total voters

campilobaxter

Mustachioed Root Vegetable
Reaction score
Handicap
I've never played a driver with anything but the stock shaft that comes off the rack. I've been considering getting fit recently, maybe just for a shaft, maybe for a new shaft and head. Got me wondering, how many people are like me and generally go with the stock/standard driver shaft versus an upgrade (even if it is free from the manufacturer)?

Tell us what you've got! And also let us know if you were fit for your shaft or if you chose it yourself.

Stock shaft. I've never been fit for a shaft or driver/fw so I've just grabbed one that was the same as something I've tried and went about my business. One of these days I'll do it right and find out what suites me best.

I have custom shafts in my drivers, but it is stock for the next generation from that Manufacturer.

I’m playing non stock in driver and wood because of two thp events but I have played many drivers with stock offerings with no issues after a fitting. Any non stock was just me looking to tinker.

Stock now, and thats typically the case

non stock for me but it's now a stock shaft for rogue line up.

Custom shaft here. Actually had the opposite problem with Epic in I needed something to help with launch. The DI did that better than the Pro Green.

Im usually a stock shaft guy but I have a custom shaft for the past year or so and I love it

I’m playing my handcrafted shafted from the event last year, which is anything but stock. If I didn’t have that, I’d be playing stock though.

#FiberLaunch

I have stock shafts on all Driver now, I had the stock shaft on my Epic. On my XR I had a non stock offering, so it depends on what the fitter says as to stock or non-stock.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Custom shaft, one I chose after researching.

I haven't really had issues with stock shafts, but also don't have a high swing speed.

I've never played a driver with anything but the stock shaft that comes off the rack. I've been considering getting fit recently, maybe just for a shaft, maybe for a new shaft and head. Got me wondering, how many people are like me and generally go with the stock/standard driver shaft versus an upgrade (even if it is free from the manufacturer)?

Tell us what you've got! And also let us know if you were fit for your shaft or if you chose it yourself.
I was that way for the longest time and e1iterate sold me his old m1 driver head bc I had a shaft and hounded me for a couple months to buy the shaft from and he brought it to our alumni golf tournament and I fell in Love! Complete game changer so I currently have a 2016 M1 with a HZRDUS Black 6.0. Love, love, love it. Don't think I'll ever use a stock shaft in a driver again!

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

I rarely play stock shafts in my driver. Because I’m fancy like that . Honestly though I’ve been a huge fan of the PX Handcrafted line so that’s what I gravitate to these days. The HZRDUS and Even Flow lines flat out perform!

After doing an in depth fitting I've gone with the Kuro Kage tini Silver in my drivers. It's seemed to work well so far.

Typically custom, but I just switched to the Rogue Silver to try for a while and I'm pretty sure it was a stock option for my driver head.

Non stock shafts for woods for about 5 years now. It’s custom to my swing. Too many variables OTR

Custom, but in today's world when so many OEM's offer real deal shafts and many no-upcharge options, the line between off the rack and custom has been blurred quite a bit.

I always believed aftermarket or custom fit shaft was only way to. I picked up a 2017 M2 with stock KK shaft. Thinking I probably getting a shaft for it. It’s been few months and dozen round of golf. I am getting better result with stock shaft than I am with my Diamana Blue. Diamana Blue was my goto shaft when it was installed in 915D.

Custom shaft. Play a Aldila VS Proto ByYou. Can be found for cheap and has the same specs as a lot of higher end shafts.

Right now I'm playing a custom Project X shaft from #THCE thanks to PX and THP. It's been a while since I've left the stock shaft in a driver for more than a week or so.

I do have a Kuro Kage Red and a Graphite Design Tour AD DJ-6 that I switch back and forth on depending on the course/weather. I use the Kuro Kage Red when it’s not windy or when the course is wide open. It gives me a higher ball flight and a bit more distance but is subject to be a wilder off the tee. I use the Tour AD for windy conditions and when the course aim playing is tight. It gives me a lower ball flight and a little more control off the tee.

All my other clubs are stock shafts. But Tour Edge uses some very good premium shafts. Heck my fairway wood has a REAL Speeder shaft in it (y’all may recall this was a $500 Club when it came out in 2013)

Generally speaking though, most stock driver shafts are fine.

I have a non-stock shaft. Won it in a THP Contest and it turned out to be a great fit.

Custom Project X HC from the THP event last year. Usually I go aftermarket in shafts for my woods and hybrids. Rarely does the stock offering get played

Very custom shaft...see the Handcrafted Event

Back