Fitting on thursday for new Rogue and Odyssey/Toulon line ups

Alez367

Formerly Carlos C.
Reaction score
Handicap
So in December I decided that I wanted to get a little bit more serious about my game and try to see if I could qualify for local am tourneys (need as least 2.0 handicap to get into anything locally). In doing so, I thought back to the times that I played well as well as the times I played bad and one thing stood out significantly; my equipment and confidence with it made a huge difference. As such, I called Callaway HQ to see about a woods/hybrid and putter fitting focusing on the new line up since I am already playing epic driver and hybrids. Well two months later, the day is finally upon us. Thursday morning I will have my fitting which will include a SAMM Lab putter fitting to help my choose the correct putter for my stroke and eye line. I will be bringing my current driver, fairway and hybrids and gamer putter. I'll get based line numbers for each and then with my fitter's guidance, hopefully find a rogue set up that will help me get dialed in ever more. If you have any questions, please feel free to post them here and I'll do my best to get them answered honestly. PS. Numbers will be posted to keep everything honest including samm lab results

Here is my current set up
Epic GBB 9* with THP/Project X THCE even flow blue 65g - 45" playing length
Steelhead XR 15* with GD MT7S tipped 1" - 43" playing length
Epic star 4h with project X blue 85g 6.0 - 41" playing length

Odyssey MXM milled 1 - no alignment line or dot. 34" playing length with Japan issue Odyssey Pistolero grip.

UPDATE: Toulon Atlanta and Portland will not be available but all new odyssey offerings will be available. New memphis offering should be available as well. Fitting will be done with both chrome soft and Chrome Soft X golf balls. This is going to be a fun few hours.

Last edited:
It will be interesting to see what you end up with. Sounds like a lot of fun for sure.

It will be interesting to see what you end up with. Sounds like a lot of fun for sure.

Everything is on the table. I will go with whatever gives me the best chance to play better golf and lower my scores. Obviously I'm hoping to build my driver around my THCE testor shaft because the feel is exactly what I like in my driver but even then, if there's something better then it will get the spot.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Looking forward to the follow! Have fun!

Everything is on the table. I will go with whatever gives me the best chance to play better golf and lower my scores. Obviously I'm hoping to build my driver around my THCE testor shaft because the feel is exactly what I like in my driver but even then, if there's something better then it will get the spot.

Love reading this, I think its a big step for you. Does this include flex? What will you do if they recommend below what you typically play?

Have fun and don't go club tinkering after you get fit.

Love reading this, I think its a big step for you. Does this include flex? What will you do if they recommend below what you typically play?

Everything is open. Flex, weight, length. If there's consistent proof it's better than what I already have and know how it plays then that is what I will play. This may produce some set up option that includes tipping or shorter length too and I'm okay with that. My previous fitter knew everything about my game and as such I trust whatever he chose for my game. He's no longer available for fittings so his recommendation was to go with Callaway HQ guys since I'm familiar with them from prior visits and theyll have the biggest selection of pre built options to test out.

this will be the biggest struggle for me since I enjoy almost all aspects of golf and equipment. But I'll definitely be going the hicksta route after my fittings and be done with club tinkering for a while.

Everything is open. Flex, weight, length. If there's consistent proof it's better than what I already have and know how it plays then that is what I will play. This may produce some set up option that includes tipping or shorter length too and I'm okay with that. My previous fitter knew everything about my game and as such I trust whatever he chose for my game. He's no longer available for fittings so his recommendation was to go with Callaway HQ guys since I'm familiar with them from prior visits and theyll have the biggest selection of pre built options to test out.
Good for you. Enjoy it!

Enjoy the experience! Hopefully it produces the desired results.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

this will be the biggest struggle for me since I enjoy almost all aspects of golf and equipment. But I'll definitely be going the hicksta route after my fittings and be done with club tinkering for a while.

First hicksta, now you? Who are we going to be able to make fun of for tinkering too much?

Seriously, I think this is good for the goals that you want to set. I got out of the tinkering game a few years ago and my handicap is as low as it's ever been. Still not as low as yours, but I think it's been beneficial for my game.

Sounds awesome, can't wait to see your results!

Man... We all lived vicariously through you and Josh. What club ho is left for us to look up to?!?!

lol... Good luck Bud. I'm looking forward to seeing what they come up with.

Man... We all lived vicariously through you and Josh. What club ho is left for us to look up to?!?!

lol... Good luck Bud. I'm looking forward to seeing what they come up with.

by the looks of it. Time4Tim is pick up where Josh and I left off.

I won't lie, I'm pretty nervous about the fitting. The options are plentiful so I'm bringing Minh with me to keep me in line.

just spoke with my fitter and updated OP

I won't lie, I'm pretty nervous about the fitting. The options are plentiful so I'm bringing Minh with me to keep me in line.

Haha... Minh will probably buy whatever you don't :D

I think the key you're looking for is consistency. And I doubt changing up your clubs every other week has been helping with that, even though it's a ton of fun. Looking forward to seeing the new stuff in person when you get them.

I'm sure that the experience will be great. Looking forward to seeing what the fitting results are as well as the "why" behind the choice.

Agreed, Tim should be able to fill the void.

Minh keeping you in line translates to "I needed somebody to help carry all of the extra clubs." :act-up:

Haha... Minh will probably buy whatever you don't :D

I think the key you're looking for is consistency. And I doubt changing up your clubs every other week has been helping with that, even though it's a ton of fun. Looking forward to seeing the new stuff in person when you get them.

I will say, every previous club change addressed an issue I felt needed adjusting. This will remove any issues all at once

I'm sure that the experience will be great. Looking forward to seeing what the fitting results are as well as the "why" behind the choice.

Agreed, Tim should be able to fill the void.

Minh keeping you in line translates to "I needed somebody to help carry all of the extra clubs." :act-up:

I will definitely follow up with the why behind each club. Having the printout at the end of the fitting will help as well.

do you know who this guy is?! Alex has had more clubs this past year than I've had in my life I think. #KnockEmDead #LetsPlaySoon

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk

Looking forward to hearing about your results. I hope it's fun and enlightening! :D

We just got here

dce16da01f050632d30c9561dfdf0489.jpg

Morning

4b9dfffcaa22278db2fce10a386ce120.jpg

cf80af9bcf5fed10434b40b9ddcb3159.jpg

Back