Cdpkook132

Reaction score
Handicap
Hey panda,

These videos are about a month old but I feel like they are decent. I will try to get some updated videos soon.

High right fade or duck hook. Seems like a 50/50 between the two on my misses. I have been adjusting my grip (weakening it) and I feel like that has helped a bit. Also o have been focusing on keeping my head down after follow through and that has helped as well.

When my swing gets bad I always fall back on making sure to keep the slot angle and letting it release naturally by momentum as well as closing my shoulders a bit before the swing.

http://s58.photobucket.com/user/cdp...2-4D17-81BE-742FED7F3AEC_zpsf6ewbbnf.mp4.html

Another video from the back uploading as well.

Sent from my Verizon iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited by a moderator:
Last edited by a moderator:
Searching on how to embed these

Upload to YouTube, then click on the film strip looking button and paste in the direct link

I really thought you were going to give me something hard to fix. Dude, we need to get your head right and your swing adjusted.

First the head..You have a very good setup and a power, quick swing. Know that and repeat it. We just need to push and pull to get you in the right position to deliver that power move you have.

I do not want to bog you down with a bunch of stuff a month a way so we will work on two things. Knee flex and spine angle. But I need to know when you catch it right, what are we looking at as far as shot is concerned. Do have a fade or draw? is it high or low? Do you like what you see when you connnect? The last is mental because you better, that is what we are going to keep.

I see some great action so I know quality shots are hit. Keep those in your head and envision those shots every time you set up to the ball with the driver.

Hey panda,

These videos are about a month old but I feel like they are decent. I will try to get some updated videos soon.

High right fade or duck hook. Seems like a 50/50 between the two on my misses. I have been adjusting my grip (weakening it) and I feel like that has helped a bit. Also o have been focusing on keeping my head down after follow through and that has helped as well.

When my swing gets bad I always fall back on making sure to keep the slot angle and letting it release naturally by momentum as well as closing my shoulders a bit before the swing.

http://s58.photobucket.com/user/cdp...2-4D17-81BE-742FED7F3AEC_zpsf6ewbbnf.mp4.html

Another video from the back uploading as well.

Granddaddy help!

Thank you for the feedback. When I catch it good it is either straight or a nice draw. I would say I have a mid flight path. Not super high or super low.

When I miss it's either high right slice or low left duck hook.

I don't know what it means but I seem to pull my irons a bit. I "feel" like I am aiming to the right of where my ball goes.

One thing that seems to get me is when I have too much "pop" in that left leg on impact. I have been focusing on calming my swing down and sticking to an easy smooth swing.

8 iron is 155-160 and 5 iron is 195-200 of that gives you perspective. Driver club head speed is about 103-107 mph.

Every single glove where's like these.
The butt end of the club is right there. Perhaps I need to choke up a bit? Longer clubs? Is getting fit going to be a magic fix!?!?!?!? Omg I can't wait

I am playing all my shafts in stiff flex. Never really messed with all the different shafts. This NV shaft replaced my stock pwr shaft when it broke.

Well I changed my mind, we need to work on the maintaining spine angle and tempo. You have a tendency to pick the club up and turn the shoulders very quick. This motion is not allowing you to get the left shoulder or your weight behind the ball. As a result when you make your should er turn, your left shoulder is right on top of the ball. Your transition into the ball, you lean into the downward motion. This is fine, provided you are working behind the ball. Since you aren't, your left shoulder actually gets out in front of the ball. This move is making you lose your spine angle and is the cause of the two way miss.

The golf swing needs space to function. If you slide in front of the ball that space is limited because the club is trailing. If the club is trailing you have have to stand tall for the arms to move through. The good news is that you swing free, the bad news is that with a spine angle, that free swing means nothing.

So let work on a more fluid takeaway. Don't jerk the club to the top. Swing it to the top, making sure the left shoulder get behind the ball. From this position you can swing free and hit a power fade by dropping to the inside or a nice draw by swinging out. If you don't get the shoulder behind the ball you will compromise you space and the spine angle will naturally disappear. I think tempo will fix what issue you are having.

Embedded videos.

This wear is from to firm off grip and improper positioning in the hand. I don't mind the weak grip just make sure the butt of the club lays across the base og the fingers at an angle. the pressure from the grip will come from the index finger, thumb and middle finger of each hand.
Every single glove where's like these.
The butt end of the club is right there. Perhaps I need to choke up a bit? Longer clubs? Is getting fit going to be a magic fix!?!?!?!? Omg I can't wait

Granddaddy help!

This right here? Left shoulder in front of the ball making me stand up and lose my spine Angle?

Yes, that is it.

This right here? Left shoulder in front of the ball making me stand up and lose my spine Angle?

Yes, that is it.

Gotcha. Well I will work on staying behind the ball. The grip issue may be on the back burner until GD is over. Thanks for the advice and I will report back!

I was reminded of a tip to get you behind the ball. If you continue to have issues getting behind the ball. Try adding a bit of side shoulder tilt. Meaning, the left shoulder will be slightly higher at address. This move already presets you behind the ball. all you would have to do is turn to the top and drive down and through the ball.

Thank you Chev for the reminder

I was reminded of a tip to get you behind the ball. If you continue to have issues getting behind the ball. Try adding a bit of side shoulder tilt. Meaning, the left shoulder will be slightly higher at address. This move already presets you behind the ball. all you would have to do is turn to the top and drive down and through the ball.

Thank you Chev for the reminder
If I may add, one thing that helps me with that position is to make a straight line from the clubhead to my shoulder. I have to push my hands closer to my left thigh. But it helps me set my spine angle.

That's just what I do.

This wear is from to firm off grip and improper positioning in the hand. I don't mind the weak grip just make sure the butt of the club lays across the base og the fingers at an angle. the pressure from the grip will come from the index finger, thumb and middle finger of each hand.

I'm no expert but this is fantastic advice. Its a simple little adjustment that shouldn't be hard to implement and will pay HUGE dividends! Having a finger grip allows the swing occur naturally and will help the swing in many ways. Good luck!

I'm no expert but this is fantastic advice. Its a simple little adjustment that shouldn't be hard to implement and will pay HUGE dividends! Having a finger grip allows the swing occur naturally and will help the swing in many ways. Good luck!
I did not want to give out any big swing changes so close to the event. These are easy to adjust to and will give his opponents something to think about.

I did not want to give out any big swing changes so close to the event. These are easy to adjust to and will give his opponents something to think about.

I absolutely agree with you.

I used to wear gloves out like Cdpkook132 and always wondered why. Once I learned of the proper grip, the gloves were spared and my swing was allowed to swing naturally. It might feel a little strange at first but that will pass quickly.

I have this exact same problem, and wear out gloves in the exact same spot. Tried out the grip you propose and it makes a ton of sense and feels like the grip I try to use when dead lifting in the gym, getting the club/bar in the fingers to keep the skin from the palm getting in the way; this would also make a ton of sense why I have calluses on my left hand.

Awesome stuff in here. I stopped using gloves and I know when my grip is off becasue I will start to get a blister in the wring area. I know I am in a good spot when my hands dont hurt.

Any pictures of this grip? Visual learner here

Any pictures of this grip? Visual learner here

Old:

86c9da65cb37a20f858fdb04f8a97523.jpg

ff48c0fbe0076411b87f785520d2a29a.jpg

New:
330f8bcc393910910e6ee4ee34206f4c.jpg

59977f9e5f72654aad03cec20f86d87a.jpg

Granddaddy help!

Gotcha. Farther down in the fingers that's what I thought but always good to a have picture as well. I have been handling my club all night getting used to it. Can't swing in this dang apt though

Thanks a bunch!

Back