Space X Test Flight

JB

Follow @THPGolf on Social Media
Albatross 2024 Club
Staff member
Reaction score
Weather looks good enough outside I should be able to see some of the flight from here.

That.. was effing cool.

Still didn't confirm what happened to the center core though!

Watched those boosters land perfectly. Wow.

Always love watching launches.

One of my biggest regrets is not finding a way to get to the Cape and seeing a shuttle launch. I remember sitting in the teacher's lounge in grade school watching the only TV with cable back in 1981 watching Columbia launch on the first mission. Amazing stuff.

That was like watching a galactic synchronized dance watching those boosters land on target in sync. Wow.

What about the center core?

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

I would give up a lot to experience the overview effect. SpaceX might make it a reality in the coming years.

That was very cool to watch.

I loved that the payload was Musk's Tesla.

I am guessing at this point the center core was lost. Regardless of that, this test seems to have gone perfect otherwise.

Always love watching launches.

One of my biggest regrets is not finding a way to get to the Cape and seeing a shuttle launch. I remember sitting in the teacher's lounge in grade school watching the only TV with cable back in 1981 watching Columbia launch on the first mission. Amazing stuff.

I attempted to go to the last one. Had a great spot to view, and the launch was scrubbed until the following day. I had just started a new job, so I hoofed it home so I wouldn't miss work. The shuttle went off that next night. I should have called in sick.

I am guessing at this point the center core was lost. Regardless of that, this test seems to have gone perfect otherwise.

Apparently in the audio, you can hear them say center core is lost. That kinda sucks, but eh. I'm sure they'll figure that detail out.

Apparently in the audio, you can hear them say center core is lost. That kinda sucks, but eh. I'm sure they'll figure that detail out.

Considering Musk said there was a 50/50 chance the thing blew up I consider a lost center core a minor detail

Considering Musk said there was a 50/50 chance the thing blew up I consider a lost center core a minor detail

Exactly. I'm hoping it was at least badass like the thrusters fired too late and it just plowed right into the thing.

Holy cow that was awesome!! Those boosters landing was amazing to watch!! Definitely going to have to go back and watch that again

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk

I loved watching it. Reminded me of watching the launches of Mercury, Gemini, and Apollo spacecraft as a kid. I have always enjoy watching rockets/shuttles explore the heavens.

I didn't realize it's going for a billion year orbit. That's pretty interesting. I wonder what kind of tabs they are going to keep on it. I do believe that roadster would have been better off in my possession

Last edited:
08c5623f6e55a23cbe7afaa874935bda.jpg

That, is a cool freakin photo

Seeing the 2 boosters come down and land at the same time was amazing.

That was so cool!

RE Center Stage: Looking for the link, but I thought it slid off the barge.

Anyway you look at this, it was a great launch and should help solidify Space-X's position.

I didn't realize it's going for a billion year orbit. That's pretty interesting. I wonder what kind of teams they are going to keep on it. I do believe that roadster would have been better off in my possession

I believe once it reaches Mars it goes into a gravitational orbit and requires no assistance.

Holy cow that was awesome!! Those boosters landing was amazing to watch!! Definitely going to have to go back and watch that again

I thought the same thing. Boosters landing back on the pad ... unreal!

Back