2016 Waste Management Phoenix Open (Spoilers)

Rickie left 2 or 3 putts in the jar, just a couple rev's short plus a couple just missed on the left. There's the difference. As for driver distance, just look at his club head speed at impact. Club head speed dictates distance, it's not the sole reason for distance. Launch angle and a few other parameters also help with distance, but club head speed is the foundation for distance. B Harmon has really helped Rickie's overall game.

Agree with you there. Butch's tweaks have really taken a kid who was very good at golf and made him a great golfer.

Rickie seemed like he was just a little off today.....goes through that stretch of holes without picking up a birdie....good news is, he is only 3 back.

Somebody goes LOW tomorrow to take this thing.

Any time Rickie is in the hunt, there's a decent chance he goes totally unconscious and laces together some ridiculous string of birdies. I still think it's hard to pick against him.

Wow, how does Rickie hit it so damn far??? He can't weight more than what, 160 and he just hit that 336!

And only 5'9. Makes me feel bad about being 6'3!

Tournament attendance record at @WMPhoenixOpen is 564,368. Already up to 553,035...with one day still to go.

I think they'll make it! That's ridiculous to have that many people in one (relative) place.

Rickie Fowler's shirt is blinding.

But still awesome.

The shirt and shoes were both blindingly awesome.

And only 5'9. Makes me feel bad about being

The shirt and shoes were both blindingly awesome.

he would love to be considered 5'9". He barely hits 5'8" with golf shoes on.

the shirt and shoes were awesome. I hope the shies come to retail but I highly doubt that will happen, similar to his shoes from the players.

Excited to watch the finish today.

Well this be on network TV today? I'm too lazy to go look it up. haha

It's been so long since I have watched golf on TV and this tournament looks like it will be a great finish.

Well this be on network TV today? I'm too lazy to go look it up. haha

It's been so long since I have watched golf on TV and this tournament looks like it will be a great finish.

Starts on Golf Channel at 1pm and then switching to NBC.

Agree with you there. Butch's tweaks have really taken a kid who was very good at golf and made him a great golfer.

Definitely think working with Harmon has made a big difference for Fowler. Not sure he has the mental game locked in yet but when does, watch out.

Definitely think working with Harmon has made a big difference for Fowler. Not sure he has the mental game locked in yet but when does, watch out.

Thats an interesting take. He came from behind to win the players, he had top 5 two years ago in the majors and a good run this past year, he just won an event in Dubai and even without making putts he is in the final group today. Not to mention numerous top 10s over the last two seasons.

im curious what you think he is lacking in the mental game?

Rickie has all the confidence in the world, and at the top tier level it's all confidence. He will use memories of closing for the win at the Players and closing for the win at Dubai, been here.....done that. His putter will be working today. No putts left short of the hole and no burning the edge of the hole. Close this one out too Rickie.

Thats an interesting take. He came from behind to win the players, he had top 5 two years ago in the majors and a good run this past year, he just won an event in Dubai and even without making putts he is in the final group today. Not to mention numerous top 10s over the last two seasons.

im curious what you think he is lacking in the mental game?

He's definitely moving strongly in the right direction. His putting performance yesterday is an example of why I feel he's not quite 100% there yet. Don't misunderstand,I think he is close. Closing out today will show me a lot.

I have a decent chance at a good score if a few things go my way on Draftkings

He's definitely moving strongly in the right direction. His putting performance yesterday is an example of why I feel he's not quite 100% there yet. Don't misunderstand,I think he is close. Closing out today will show me a lot.

So he comes from behind in the players, birdies 17 three times in the final round/playoffs and his consistent play over the last two years and he is close. He had an avg day on the greens the last two rounds which all golfers including the best go thru. If he wins today is he 100% or closer to than 100% than you have him today?

And Phil burns another edge, holy cow he's had a ton of those this week.

Ricky seems so solid on putts like that, I think he's got the game to pull out a win today.

Is it just me or does it look like Rickie really choke down on most long clubs.

Going to be a fun finish with lots of people in contention. Huge crowds following Ricky today.

It's going to be a fun back 9 I have a feeling

This will be awesome to watch.

Going to be a fun finish with lots of people in contention. Huge crowds following Ricky today.

I agree it is really going to be good. Hell, Phil would be running away with this thing if the hole was bigger. Dude has lipped out or burned the edge on every putt.

i noticed this yesterday but thought it was to take a little something off but he seems to do it every time

Ricky seems so solid on putts like that, I think he's got the game to pull out a win today.

If he can get the flat stick going he should win based on how the other guys are struggling.

I recall reading that he will choke down on his driver when looking for more control.

Back