Swing Analysis (ollie)

ollie

Reaction score
Handicap
Hi All,

I do apologise if this is not the correct area, or format. I've tried to search and see what the accepted process is here.

I'm new to golf, been playing for roughly one month. Yet to own a handicap.

I'm trying to remove the mega slice which I have incorporated into my game. My grip is neutral.

All advice welcome!

Front and side: https://vimeo.com/153191310
Front zoomed: https://vimeo.com/153191307

For one month you are not doing too bad. ou have a solid base and a descent trun from the ball. Over time that will become more of one piece move and you'll rotate around your spine. But for now I'd like to see you slide the left over a bit. when you look down I want you to see at least one knuckle maybe two. The right hand will fit into the thumb of the left. Meaning your right hand will cradle the thumb of the left hand. YOu can either interlock or overlap.

On you back swing I'd like to see you maintain the flex in your right knee. Do not let this leg straighten. It is straightening now and causing you to change to swing plane (the path the club travels one from address to the top and back down to the ball) The goal is to return the club to the same point of address, keeping the right leg flexed will assist in this .

Adjust these two things and let me know how it works out for you. I do not want to give you too many things to work on as new golfer.

That is a nice looking swing

On you back swing I'd like to see you maintain the flex in your right knee. Do not let this leg straighten. It is straightening now and causing you to change to swing plane (the path the club travels one from address to the top and back down to the ball) The goal is to return the club to the same point of address, keeping the right leg flexed will assist in this.
Thanks for the feedback! When you refer to my right knee, is this my trail or lead knee? I've recently received a bit of advice from another golfer saying, "the lead knee has to increase in flex and rotate inwards a bit as the rear leg decreases in flex". I wasn't sure if this was contradictory or not. I'm not really sure what the hips, knees and shoulders should be doing in each part of the swing.

Thanks for the feedback! When you refer to my right knee, is this my trail or lead knee? I've recently received a bit of advice from another golfer saying, "the lead knee has to increase in flex and rotate inwards a bit as the rear leg decreases in flex". I wasn't sure if this was contradictory or not. I'm not really sure what the hips, knees and shoulders should be doing in each part of the swing.

As a right hander your right knee will be your trailing knee.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Back