AT&T Pebble Beach Pro Am

jdtox

Lord Tox
Albatross 2024 Club
Staff member
Reaction score
Handicap
Pebble is one of my favorite courses to watch every year, and its another different type of PGA Tour event where multiple courses are used and celebrities are paired with the Pros. 1 round each is played at Pebble Beach, Spyglass Hill and Monterey Peninsula CC. The final round on Sunday is played at Pebble Beach. Some big name pairings including DJ and Spieth as well as Rory and Phil.

We can use this thread to discuss the event, pairings, courses, etc. Who do you like this week?

Last edited:
I like the courses, but really could do without the amateur side of the event, especially televising so many of their shots. For me personally it takes away from the viewing experience.

Hard not to like DJ or Jason Day to get the Win. Both have had success at Pebble and are playing well. Interested to see how Rory does after two good showings on the Euro Tour.

Can't wait to watch this event, especially because I'm headed out there in August to play Spyglass and Pebble Beach.

I'm wondering if Spieth can recover his form of last year. His putting has been pretty bad for his standards this year and he missed the cut last week. Maybe getting back to a place that he won last year will bring back his mojo.

Looks like Rory is playing with his dad like the Alfred Dunhill pro-am. That's so cool.

Man, I miss being right down the street from this event! I'll definitely be tuning in for some Pebble Beach goodness!!!

Will Spieth rebound this week and make the cut?

I think Spieth is in some serious trouble. He looks to me like he has the yips. More prevalent in the short putts, but it’s creeping into the longer putts as well.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I really like Phil and DJ.

I really like this event, partly because the Pro-Am aspect is different than what we see most weeks, obviously.

I'll be paying even closer attention this year, since I'm headed up there next week to play Pebble, Spy, and Spanish. I hope these hacks don't tear the courses up too much in the meantime, haha.

Besides the Majors this is a tournament my family gets into almost as much as I do.

This is my absolute least favorite tournament to watch. The celebs bring nothing for me. Coverage on Sunday isn't as bad because the majority of coverage is of the tour pros.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Phil looks good to repeat.

DJ and Rickie!

Just watched the last part of the 2017 final round of the pebble pro-am. I am always in awe of that place. The views are unbeatable.

Some good scores out on the course so far. Adam Scott is struggling and is in dead last.

The greens at Pebble look amazing right now

Has Reed lost weight or is it just the Nike clothes fit him better?

Nice story with this young fella Dou but I just watched him hit his tee shot and approach shot....

I thought I was bad with pulling the trigger. Good lord hit the ball buddy!!!

Is there a general consensus on which course is the easiest - toughest?

Is there a general consensus on which course is the easiest - toughest?

Spyglass is usually the toughest. Not sure between MPCC and Pebble on which is the easiest.

IMO this is how I would rank them on the easiest to toughest

Monterey P
Pebble
Spyglass
That's what I thought too, but several of the top guys played Spyglass today.

That's what I thought too, but several of the top guys played Spyglass today.
I'd say that SH had the most talented schedule of players by far so maybe the best are just the best

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk

Dang. Having played 2 of the courses, and living right in the doorstep, I should be all over this event, but I can’t stand watching “celebrities” I’ve never heard of play golf!

#FiberLaunch

interesting that people don't enjoy watching the ams play. i like it. the only annoying thing is watching these people take 7 practice swings, step in, step back and take 3 more practice swings, step back in, and hit it 70 yards off line. but i still like seeing them hit good and bad shots at such a beautiful place.

Back