Still doesn’t explain how it beats an actual green and hole or just rolling a ball a particular distance. How does it improve on rolling a ball X distance? If you want the smaller target use a something like a tee or any other object smaller than the hole.

We had this conversation in the review thread iirc?

Mentioned it in there as well as in the homepage article, but its kit trying to replace or beat an actual hole. But, most of us cant have an actual buried regulation hole in our living rooms.

The pace at which the Putt returns gives legitimate feedback as to which the pace it was struck. My kids work for a 2 foot return because I preach two feet, high side, at all times on the greens. They get feet back not just in the return, but also the face that the base is the diameter of the actual cup. Add in the micro target which it is IMPOSSIBLE to just ram in there hard up the ramp and get it to stick, and you have all sorts of practice through aim, pace, and focus.

No one has EVER said it replaces a golf hole. I do however use ours (HS teams) on the practice greens for drills as well.

Just seems to teach you speed control. So you should be golden on straight putts from 7 feet in, other than that, fughetabowdit.
Or 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 8, 9, 10, 11.....

:alien:

Seriously though, I think there is a hangup on break here, this isn't intended to imitate breaking putts, you can only do that with a putting green, this though does hone alignment, focus, and pace where the vast majority struggle putting, much more than break.

Both the cup and mat are available again on amazon. Just scooped each up for myself.

We had this conversation in the review thread iirc?

Yes we did and I appreciate your answer since a similar question was asked in this thread by someone else. Ultimately if this gives you the motivation to practice then it is a great training aid for a reasonable cost. For anyone looking at this aid it depends on what you are trying to accomplish as to whether it will be beneficial.

For me, it doesn’t help me with the aspects of putting I work on when I am off the course. If you could tell me that it helps speed control on 20+ foot putts in only 8 feet of space I would purchase one immediately.

Yes we did and I appreciate your answer since a similar question was asked in this thread by someone else. Ultimately if this gives you the motivation to practice then it is a great training aid for a reasonable cost. For anyone looking at this aid it depends on what you are trying to accomplish as to whether it will be beneficial.

For me, it doesn’t help me with the aspects of putting I work on when I am off the course. If you could tell me that it helps speed control on 20+ foot putts in only 8 feet of space I would purchase one immediately.
Only sure solution to that range is wedge/scoring-iron practice. :alien:

Yep, if I hit every shot to 5 feet my putting practice would be a lot different.

Ok, this comment made me smile. So true for me! Thank you for that, it's been a crud day!

I have one and its nice to have on the cold rainy days and nights to keeping working on the putting.

This thread reminded me that I need to get my hands on an indoor putting mat.

Nice interview David. The Putt Out is something I still need to pick up some day. Glad to see the company is having succes with the product and is releasing additional products.

I got one, based on all the great reviews at THP, which were all spot on! Now I’m in queue, along with others, for the mat to return to in stock at Amazon. Though I am considering the Well Putt mat as an option.

I got one, based on all the great reviews at THP, which were all spot on! Now I’m in queue, along with others, for the mat to return to in stock at Amazon. Though I am considering the Well Putt mat as an option.
Boom!!

She doesn't like the PuttOut I just bought.

I normally ask "do you wanna golf?" And comes and lays down and I putt to her paw or nose. She's normally my training aid.
2af095e388e6a4b0e1f0bd82348e8113.jpg
6614361fefbf56ed387ad803da29e546.jpg

Sent from my SM-G935R4 using Tapatalk

Just started using the Putt Out that I won. Thanks THP! :thankyou:
Can’t believe how hard it is to get the speed perfect. I have some basic setup and stroke issues that I have been working on. My Putt Out use reflects my progress with the basics but will now improve my speed and pace. My main speed/pace issue is leaving putts short or just dying at the hoke. The option to cover the hole with the plug has been very helpful with increasing pace. Hope to see some better scores with better putting. Thanks again THP!

Just started using the Putt Out that I won. Thanks THP! :thankyou:
Can’t believe how hard it is to get the speed perfect. I have some basic setup and stroke issues that I have been working on. My Putt Out use reflects my progress with the basics but will now improve my speed and pace. My main speed/pace issue is leaving putts short or just dying at the hoke. The option to cover the hole with the plug has been very helpful with increasing pace. Hope to see some better scores with better putting. Thanks again THP!

Love it!

I'll say it again, its the best putting training aid I have EVER used.

I spent a good 20 or so minutes to try and make it in the perfect hole from about 12 feet away. Didn't even occur to me that every time I got discouraged that I "missed" I actually made it.

Made probably 30 putts in a row before I finally made the perfect putt. As someone who likes the ball to die at the hole, my miss is short. This helps me hit it that little bit past the hole so when I miss, the ball will actually be dying at the hole.

Can't wait to see how this carries over to the course.

Sent from my SM-G935R4 using Tapatalk

Back