JB

Follow @THPGolf on Social Media
Albatross 2024 Club
Staff member
Reaction score
We have other threads and a review on the device, and while at the 2018 PGA Show, we got a chance to catch up with them, and talk to him about it. Cam gives you all of the details on the training aid, along with a sneak peek at something new coming from them.

Love the putt out trainer and will probably grab a new one for my area in the office for those long conference calls. Could go for a red one.

Saw some pics on social media of the new color options. Really think that Green one will end up in my basement putting laboratory real soon. It's a really neat product.

I've been considering one of these. Might just have to pull the trigger. The more I read about them the more I want one.

Check out the homepage article if you haven't, sounds self indulgent since I wrote it, but its thorough as can be for those curious.

Seriously imo the best putting training/practice device out there right now..

I have had my eye on these since Jman's review, love the colors I think a green one is probably in my future. 70,000 in the first year?? Thats crazy!

I have had my eye on these since Jman's review, love the colors I think a green one is probably in my future. 70,000 in the first year?? Thats crazy!

Whats funny is people were literally trying to buy the ones in the booth at the show but they couldn't sell them because that was all their inventory at the time they had.

Whats funny is people were literally trying to buy the ones in the booth at the show but they couldn't sell them because that was all their inventory at the time they had.

Haha seriously? That really says something about the product. What I like about the colors is the clear plastic on white ones looks to be tinted or smoked on the colored version

I love the idea, love the design, and love the new colors. It just still feels like $30 is a bit steep for a folding piece of plastic though. "Expensive" is relative however. Right now, everything is steep to me :arrogant:

Haha seriously? That really says something about the product. What I like about the colors is the clear plastic on white ones looks to be tinted or smoked on the colored version

It was. I am not sure it came out also but they are working on custom logo ones. In one of the demos they had the Mercedes Logo on the flip up part.

Very cool break down of an amazing product! I'll definitely be scooping up another one in a different color when they're released.

It was. I am not sure it came out also but they are working on custom logo ones. In one of the demos they had the Mercedes Logo on the flip up part.
I'll have some with my teams logo on them. Bank on it.
I love the idea, love the design, and love the new colors. It just still feels like $30 is a bit steep for a folding piece of plastic though. "Expensive" is relative however. Right now, everything is steep to me :arrogant:
It's so much more heavy duty and we'll built than just a piece of plastic though. FWIW.

It's so much more heavy duty and we'll built than just a piece of plastic though. FWIW.

Good to know. It does look solid. TBH I'm not even sure what I would call an ideal price. It's more mental. $27 would probably feel better than $30.

this is on my short list of training aids to buy this year. Need the putting mat to come back in stock so I can grab one.

I have one sitting in my office, and a lot of my guys stop by to try and roll the perfect putt....it is suprisingly difficult.
Still lots of fun, and the challenge keeps you coming back.

It is the first practice putting tool that really has you concentrating on speed.
IMO

this is on my short list of training aids to buy this year. Need the putting mat to come back in stock so I can grab one.
Agreed. Both would be very nice to have soon. That voltish/black putt out they had at the show plus a gray mat. Take my money.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

I want to try one of these out as well. Very cool!

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

that looks like a fun little training aid, nothing complicated, but looks like it does the trick

I'm having a hard time determining what this does that a normal putting green with a cup doesn't. Is it the feedback on how far it travels back to you?

I'll have some with my teams logo on them. Bank on it.

Every time I see you write something about your teams, I think to myself, "Why couldn't you have been my coach?!". Ours were....not the best. As a senior, I ended up coaching a lot of the freshman because I simply knew the swing and mechanics better than our coaches. They didn't play much competitive golf, if at all, so they couldn't really explain course management/the mental side of the game either.

Keep it up. Your kids are lucky to have you.

I'm having a hard time determining what this does that a normal putting green with a cup doesn't. Is it the feedback on how far it travels back to you?

Simply put, it really helps getting putt speed right. And it's really, really addicting!

Simply put, it really helps getting putt speed right. And it's really, really addicting!

Still doesn’t explain how it beats an actual green and hole or just rolling a ball a particular distance. How does it improve on rolling a ball X distance? If you want the smaller target use a something like a tee or any other object smaller than the hole.

Still doesn’t explain how it beats an actual green and hole or just rolling a ball a particular distance. How does it improve on rolling a ball X distance? If you want the smaller target use a something like a tee or any other object smaller than the hole.

You're right, nothing beats the real thing. But in my case it happens to be particularly useful since there are only two holes on the practice putting green at my home course.

Just seems to teach you speed control. So you should be golden on straight putts from 7 feet in, other than that, fughetabowdit.

Back