Cleveland Mashie hybrid ROLL CALL here

DG_1234

Reaction score
Handicap
THP's legendary "Mashie thread" brought me to this forum to learn about, and buy, a few Cleveland Mashie+ hybrid clubs. It's been a few years since this model was in Cleveland's line, but I still get great enjoyment playing shots with these hybrids. I have the M1, M3, and M4.
Anybody else here still play Cleveland Mashie's ? If so, please post to this thread.

I still have a M3 that I pull out every now and then. Solid hybrid.

I still have a M3 that I pull out every now and then. Solid hybrid.

At one time did you have more than the M3?

Two years ago (after reading this forum) I bought the M3 and M4. Soon after I added the M1.

At one time did you have more than the M3?

Two years ago (after reading this forum) I bought the M3 and M4. Soon after I added the M1.

I played the FW and a hybrid as recently as the beginning of last year for a bit.

I played the FW and a hybrid as recently as the beginning of last year for a bit.

These days most all the major brands quickly move in and out of club models. I understand the business reasons for this strategy, but do think the Mashie hybrids would have been a good candidate to keep in the line for years and years. The Mashie hybrid is just a very basic, good sense design.

I currently still play the Mashie 3W and 3H love both clubs a lot but 7 days from tomorrow I'll be staring at an entire bag of awesomeness in California that will not include the Mashies!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I do believe I owned, at one point in time, every Mashie hybrid and FW they had out. The F3, F5, and F7 were a staple of my bag for a long time.

I do believe I owned, at one point in time, every Mashie hybrid and FW they had out. The F3, F5, and F7 were a staple of my bag for a long time.
I got my old fairways back from my father in law.. he wants them traded in i may hold onto them (he has hybos too)

I got my old fairways back from my father in law.. he wants them traded in i may hold onto them (he has hybos too)
Which ones you get back?

Which ones you get back?
428a749babeba02a1a3be371965c60a1.jpg

Still have 2,3 and 4. Gave the 5 to a fellow THPer.

M4 and M5 still in the bag and still awesome

I liked Cleveland's mixing-matching concept and initially did buy both the Mashie fairways (F3, F5, F7) and hybrid models (M1, M3, M4, M5).
After some play with all the clubs, I liked the results from all of them except the F3. My F3 shots were a bit too low of shot trajectory. For me the M1 shots were more reliable and consistent.
The F5 and F7 were great, but not quite as versatile (off less than ideal lies) as the M3, M4.
The M5 was fun, but I was not ready to take the 5 iron out of my bag yet, and did not have room for both.

I'm still using the mashie hybrids and tried the FW. Fairway woods were very good from the tee for me but not so much from the fairway. The TF3 and F7 are very good clubs. F7 probably the most overlooked club of the mashie line. The M1 and M2 are great clubs for someone who prefers hybrids over fairway woods. I have all The mashie hybrids. The mashie irons are good too.

M4 and M5 still in the bag and still awesome

For the life of me I couldnt remember who I teed them up with this year that gamed them, I knew it was someone lol

For the life of me I couldnt remember who I teed them up with this year that gamed them, I knew it was someone lol

Glad I left an impression

These may never leave my bag

These may never leave my bag

+1 for my M1 and M2. Most consistent clubs in the bag, although I generally hit hybrids as a class relatively well. I don't plan to replace them unless forced to.

They may not be the longest hybrids but they are super consistent. I hit one off the dirt yesterday with ease. There is no lie I hesitate to hit these from.

I recently bought a Mashie 20.5* on a lark. It has turned out to be a keeper. It is literally the only hybrid I've found that I can hit at all...and I've tried A LOT of them.

Back