One Goal For Offseason

Improving lateral accuracy for all clubs.

Let my elbow heal.

I'll gladly trade bad golf for pain free golf in 2016.

commit to becoming more flexible, starting back with hot yoga next week

Acquire a launch monitor and groove a swing. Try to never go more than two days without hitting balls with a purpose.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I seem to have a little OTT in my iron swing that sneaks it's head into my swing sometimes. I will be working on that this winter as well as club head speed. Which this seems to be a reoccurring item I'm working on. But seem to get in a rut and not focus on working on it. Need to stop getting lazy during winter.

Last edited:
I don't have just one goal but one thing I will be working on specifically for the off-season is fitness. I've got the Fix Your Body, Fix Your Swing book and will be instituting those workouts, which should allow my swing to flow better and more easily.

Grab a few lessons and hit the range a lot.

Increase my golf fitness by following my exercise routine.

Now my schedule is changing at work, to play more golf!

I will learn two new shots, one from each direction.

Don't buy new equipment (fund may help that not happen)

Tame the driver as it is the club that gets me in the most trouble.

While there isn't really much of an "off-season" here, I will probably cut back on my golfing schedule a bit and try to get over some nagging physical problems. I've been struggling with a pinched nerve in my neck for months, and now I have a fractured or badly bruised tail bone (hoping the latter) as well. The tail bone issue doesn't interfere with my golf swing, but, it sure does make bouncing around in a golf cart uncomfortable. LOL The neck issue is a real problem, tough, because it causes pain in the neck and left shoulder, and numbness and weakness of the left arm and hand. Hell, I can't even roll over onto my left side in bed at night without waking up in pain. It's also caused my index to climb up to 13.2, mores so because of the inability to practice rather than the discomfort swinging. Funny, I was about to pull the trigger on a Tour Striker practice club the other day and realized at the last minute that I wouldn't be able to use the darn thing.

commit to becoming more flexible, starting back with hot yoga next week

Make sure you are at the front of the class because you know you'll struggle to see over the women in front of you :alien:

Or maybe that's a blessing in disguise?

Seriously, yoga helped me out with flexibility a lot.

I've committed to bearing down to become a much better putter over the winter. It's by far the weakest part of my game and there is just no excuse for that.

My goal is to build my anticipation for next year so big that I'll play like a madman for the whole summer 2016.

And more head covers!

I will learn two new shots, one from each direction.

Like right-handed and left-handed? I like it!

I'll be the first one in the thread to say that I need to gain some weight (and some muscle). People keep talking about this core and how it's good for your golf swing; maybe I'll find out if I have one too.

And more head covers!

Like right-handed and left-handed? I like it!

I'll be the first one in the thread to say that I need to gain some weight (and some muscle). People keep talking about this core and how it's good for your golf swing; maybe I'll find out if I have one too.

One shot that moved right to left and one that moves left to right.

Fitness for me

My main goal is to improve my core strength. That will help with both my swing, as well as my day to day back concerns.

Thankfully I now have a sim right near me, so I can still make full swings even if it's playing virtual golf. I'm not one who can put the clubs away for 3 months solid.

I have a gift card for an hour there... Played Augusta last time. Let's make it happen.

My offseason goal is to groove my new swing into muscle memory. That will be range time and some lessons to make it stick.

I have a gift card for an hour there... Played Augusta last time. Let's make it happen.

My offseason goal is to groove my new swing into muscle memory. That will be range time and some lessons to make it stick.

Most definitely!!

Gotta continue to drop the lbs!

I feel more "confident" of the swing change I made from the help of Brad Hughes. He developed a easy training program that I can do all winter with hardly no golf balls being hit (about 10'mins a day) ..And he also made a simple checklist That allows me to diagnosis my progress without bothering him everytime I run into a jam . I'm going to keep in drilling and just focus on maintaining the new swing fundamentals I was taught .. Really no Interest in playing in the cold damp fall days that have been entering our area. The fast approaching winter will be a break that I will really enjoy

Back