The Car Shopping Thread

Those toyota's are at the top of their class in the <1/2ton category, and it's a reasonable price. Almost all 1/2 ton's start around 26-27k (for 2 wheel drive, and no decent cab) and can easily exceed 50k. I mean hell, it doesn't take much to turn a 34,000 dollar f150 into a 60,000 dollar truck

Yah my brother in law just bought a new F150 with the 5.0

Good looking truck but way too expensive for an urban cowboy.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

They won't budge either :(

Found it only line. $36. Keep saving my pennies.

Sent from my SM-N910T using Tapatalk

Found it only line. $36. Keep saving my pennies.

The only solace is it's one of the few vehicles you could own for 10 years and have hardly anything out of pocket other than your payment .

The only solace is it's one of the few vehicles you could own for 10 years and have hardly anything out of pocket other than your payment .

I'd be ok with that. My 16 year old CRV hasn't cost me too much, but I'm looking at about $2k in repairs that are needed. Need an exhaust and a "propeller shaft" and head gaskets.

I'd be ok with that. My 16 year old CRV hasn't cost me too much, but I'm looking at about $2k in repairs that are needed. Need an exhaust and a "propeller shaft" and head gaskets.

Yah 16 years is tired .

I wish, but I live and work out of my truck, so I want some creature comfort too.
We just started ordering our 2016 Ford F-150's here at the dealership. We already put in for two of the Limited models. MSRP on the first ordered one, just under $65,000! For an F -150! Granted FULLY loaded Platinum's are around $55,000 to $60,000....but still.

We have at least one Platinum F-350 supercrew diesel on the lot with a $71,000 sticker.
Let me know if you have any questions on any of them. I can look up any Ford nation wide if I have the VIN.

We just started ordering our 2016 Ford F-150's here at the dealership. We already put in for two of the Limited models. MSRP on the first ordered one, just under $65,000! For an F -150! Granted FULLY loaded Platinum's are around $55,000 to $60,000....but still.

We have at least one Platinum F-350 supercrew diesel on the lot with a $71,000 sticker.
Let me know if you have any questions on any of them. I can look up any Ford nation wide if I have the VIN.
Yeah, they get pricey, but those are luxury trucks. Personally, I wouldn't go any further than the FX4 - I mean, it's a truck...I don't wan't to be afraid of using it like a truck!! BTW I love my f150, and loved my previous f250, just don't think I would drop the extra $$ for all of the bells and whistles. Im sure many would though!

Yeah, they get pricey, but those are luxury trucks. Personally, I wouldn't go any further than the FX4 - I mean, it's a truck...I don't wan't to be afraid of using it like a truck!! BTW I love my f150, and loved my previous f250, just don't think I would drop the extra $$ for all of the bells and whistles. Im sure many would though!
We sell probably 95% trucks out of the store I work at. It varies sooooo much. Guys in the oil field or ranchers, lot of them get XL or XLT's since they work them hard and don't really care.

BUT we have a BUNCH of guys who look at the Lariats, Platinum's and Limited's as though they are high end luxury vehicles that happen to work on the dirt roads and weekend trips to the city.

My parents own a tricked out 2015 F-150 Supercrew Platinum 4x4. They LOVE it, more so even than their Ford Fusion Titanium. Other than a few branches, it's barely ever seen a dirt road....BUT that's Kansas.

Forgot to mention. FX4 isn't even a model anymore. It's just a suspension package you can buy. It now goes:

Limited
Platinum
King Ranch
Lariat
XLT
XL

Though you can get the Sport package in XLT and Lariat....and FX4 suspension in all models except XL.

Luxury clad full size suv's pickups have replaced the old Crown Vics, Buicks and Caddy's that folks used to use as family cars, even country folk and farmers would have had a reg cab work truck but also a full size sedan to take momma and the kids out.

Also high entry/exit and visibility are huge selling points now, and why you see a lot of tall "sedans" and fugly CUV's along with abominations like the BMW X6/X4 and Murano styled cuv's. My pops has a Murano and the rear area is worthless and their golden retriever says hell naw and gets in the back seat instead.

On Friday I took delivery of this bad boy. 2015 Charger R/T Road & Track. Its a beast.

uxiyp_OwuTgsVWE-iSjDEN3FbUMVqTlDNwwFJY95zBI%2CN3wwu4mqqWHGqBhqAGCiL7gXVkOhsWizQ4mO-FwHIY8

Anyone have any experience with the kIA K-900. I have a car and a pickup in which I most likely will be buried in one of them. However, the wife routinely gets a new vehicle due to the mileage she puts on them and that she just likes having a new car. A friend of hers just got a new K-900 and the wife now is thinking about getting one. While it is in our budget, I asked her why a Kia, when for around the same price she can replace the 5 series Beamer or move to a Lexus or Benz. Given the other options at that price, does it really make sense to buy a Kia--aka Hyundai. Seriously, can anyone give me any personal experience info regarding the K-900-good or bad.

Anyone have any experience with the kIA K-900. I have a car and a pickup in which I most likely will be buried in one of them. However, the wife routinely gets a new vehicle due to the mileage she puts on them and that she just likes having a new car. A friend of hers just got a new K-900 and the wife now is thinking about getting one. While it is in our budget, I asked her why a Kia, when for around the same price she can replace the 5 series Beamer or move to a Lexus or Benz. Given the other options at that price, does it really make sense to buy a Kia--aka Hyundai. Seriously, can anyone give me any personal experience info regarding the K-900-good or bad.
It's a great car but only makes sense if it's cheaper than the cars it sets out to compete with, BMW Mercedes Lexus

Sent from my SM-G900T using Tapatalk

quite amazed how quiet and smooth riding the new truck is. I am sure most of the new ones are like this no matter the manufacturer but coming from a 2008 model I have to remind myself that I am in a truck.

quite amazed how quiet and smooth riding the new truck is. I am sure most of the new ones are like this no matter the manufacturer but coming from a 2008 model I have to remind myself that I am in a truck.

Mine was the same way hahaha. That was 250k miles ago. I'm ready for a quieter ride.

It's amazing how much trucks have gone up. 10 years ago I bought my Titan with best in the class towing capacity, 4x4, middle of the line package with upgraded stereo and stuff like that for 25k plus tax and registration, I bet a comparable truck would cost me 45-50k today

Back to hunting down a nice used Sequoia for the wife. This is testing my nerves

Back to hunting down a nice used Sequoia for the wife. This is testing my nerves

Parents are getting ready to sell their 2007 with 200k miles. It has been a good vehicle.

Parents are getting ready to sell their 2007 with 200k miles. It has been a good vehicle.

It what we should have bought, but instead went with the 4Runner (which has been a great vehicle for us), but with the girls getting older and into more activities, we need the extra space and third row. I think I found one so now to look at KBB to get an idea of what trade in value would be on my 4Runner.

It's amazing how much trucks have gone up. 10 years ago I bought my Titan with best in the class towing capacity, 4x4, middle of the line package with upgraded stereo and stuff like that for 25k plus tax and registration, I bet a comparable truck would cost me 45-50k today

Yes, this is why I stopped looking at the. Absurd prices IMO

It seems a lot of cars are the same way. I was looking to get a Corolla (what my last two cars have been), and I was looking at roughly 20K for something with the options I wanted - similar to what I got for $16K 6 years ago. I feel like every time I buy a car, they move some basic option (variable intermittent wipers, tilt steering wheel) up a level or two.

It seems a lot of cars are the same way. I was looking to get a Corolla (what my last two cars have been), and I was looking at roughly 20K for something with the options I wanted - similar to what I got for $16K 6 years ago. I feel like every time I buy a car, they move some basic option (variable intermittent wipers, tilt steering wheel) up a level or two.

NO doubt, cars have definitely gone up quite a bit, it just seems trucks have gone astronomically.

they have gone up yes, but I also feel like they pack a lot more options than before

Back