Creatures On The Golf Course

Phfat

Reaction score
Handicap
30 or so..
So, I'm about half watching a golf match on TV, and look up just in time to see a kangaroo go loping across a green...! I've also seen birds, deer, alligators appear while watching golf on the tube. How many peeps here have had a wild creature experience while on the course? Playing partners don't count...

Snakes, alligators, turkey, deer, bald eagles... Saw a coyote run across several holes at my home course several weeks ago.

Played with a guy last summer who thought he saw a puma in Biloxi.

Snakes, alligators, turkey, deer, bald eagles... Saw a coyote run across several holes at my home course several weeks ago.

That whole alligator thing just creeps me out...those things can actually run! And then once they grab you, they drag you into the swamp and pull you under and twist you around... Nope. No alligator golf courses for me. Kind of the same for snakes. But they are easier to deal with...

Turkey, Deer, Alligators, Coyotes, Bald Eagles, and all kinds of Hawks. Was followed by a Fox for a couple of holes and he even sat on the tee box of a Par 3 as we hit our tee shots. I doubt he was eyeing us up for dinner, but more looking for a handout. Have never seen a snake on a golf course and consider myself lucky for that.

Turkey, Deer, Alligators, Coyotes, Bald Eagles, and all kinds of Hawks. Was followed by a Fox for a couple of holes and he even sat on the tee box of a Par 3 as we hit our tee shots. I doubt he was eyeing us up for dinner, but more looking for a handout. Have never seen a snake on a golf course and consider myself lucky for that.

Foxes are cool. Unless they have rabies...but they are kind of easy to spot...and smell, if the disease has progressed enough...plus the animal's excessively aggressive behavior...a gray fox with rabies once chased a worker into his truck. Fox then stood outside the truck butting the truck door with it's head. Foxes have been known to make off with golf balls, mistaking them for bird eggs....

Geese, deer, herons, and hawks. Did get abducted by aliens, once, but their questions were not golf related.

A good friend who isn't the world's greatest golfer was at our state resort course and big white trail buck roams out into the fairway the chief of police is with him says $50 you can't hit close enough to the deer to scare him off the course(they are pretty friendly being a sanctuary/resort) he laughs and says "I couldn't hit that deer if it was right in front of me" he tees up swings his 3 wood, hits a hosel rocket that bounces one time hits the deer in the rear flank he snorts, kicks his back leg and runs into the woods. :laugh: they rolled on the ground laughing.

That was not on the golf course...

Now I'm sitting at work trying not to laugh and have to explain that story.

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

Lots of deer. I even saw a buck chasing some people in a golf cart down the fairway. Was mating season and I think they spooked him or something, sadly couldn't get my phone out in time.

They do a number on the greens though. Looks like someone took a blade putter and slammed it into the green. On a side mark are hoof marks treated as ball marks or spike marks when it comes to fixing them?

Creatures On The Golf Course

Typically around here I only see the occasional deer, lots of Red Chested Slicers (Slicus Americanicas), and The lumbering Shankapotampus. Thankfully not many Dilly Dilly Birds.

Last edited:
Monkeys, cobra when I played in South Africa

Mostly deer and turtles at the home course but have gotten an occasional mink and fox. Alligator when I played in Savannah a few years ago.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

That was not on the golf course...

Now I'm sitting at work trying not to laugh and have to explain that story.

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

Yeah, but it was a golf trip, so, ipso facto, golf creature.

A course I play in Hawaii has a bunch Peacocks and wild turkey's running around. And in Hawaii I always see quite a few Mongoose.

Had a deer come and steal my hotdog out of my cart while we were on the tee. We saw him sneaking up and just let him have it. No use in freaking out a deer for 3-4 bucks.

Sent from my SM-G935R4 using Tapatalk

Deer, dogs, cats, birds... Not much exciting here in Ohio haha

We have a daughter living in NE Ohio, she came out of her apartment building one morning to see a bobcat strolling across the grass commons of the complex...!

Had a deer come and steal my hotdog out of my cart while we were on the tee. We saw him sneaking up and just let him have it. No use in freaking out a deer for 3-4 bucks.

Did the deer eat the hot dog??? I can see it eating the bun, but I have never seen or heard of a deer eating meat...but then, I never knew Chipmunks ate anything but seeds, nuts, 'shrooms and the like, until I watched one snatch a cricket and crunch it down...!

A course I play in Hawaii has a bunch Peacocks and wild turkey's running around. And in Hawaii I always see quite a few Mongoose.

Mongooses? Mongeese? Whatever, it's good they're around...keep the cobras thinned out...

Did the deer eat the hot dog??? I can see it eating the bun, but I have never seen or heard of a deer eating meat...but then, I never knew Chipmunks ate anything but seeds, nuts, 'shrooms and the like, until I watched one snatch a cricket and crunch it down...!
It ran away with it hanging out of it's mouth like a cigar.....the world may never know

I saw the dreaded "slow golfer" yesterday...scared me a little.
giphy.gif

Deer, geese and sometimes foxes mostly. Stray dogs show up every so often. Once saw a coyote on a course in Arizona. Saw seagulls waiting around to steal food out of carts at the turn at Pacific Grove Municipal.

Can a hot dog really be considered meat though?

Back