Callaway Great Big Bertha Driver Review Thread

This one is as dialed in as I can get it right now. I'm sure there are other drivers out there that would fit me, I'm looking at you 915 D2, but man I continue to spilt fairways when my tempo is on point and grooved. So addicting to hit also.

Swing was off most of the day but I hit some really good drives with this and had some that on misses left me in some good spots.

My misses were all playable except one hole where I lost a ball in some knarly stuff around a fwy bunker

Havent posted in a while, but had to come write about this driver. Its awesome. I bought one with the White Tie at no up-charge since I knew that was a great shaft for me. Put it right into play last weekend and had 2 great rounds. First round with it was my lowest rd of the year. Distance gains on center strikes were only a few yards which was to be expected, but as JMAN pointed out in his review, where this club really shines is on off center hits. I hit a few off the toe and a few high on the face (both my common misses) and they were almost exactly the same distance as center hits. Wonderful driver. Really good sound, love the feel with the combo with the white tie. Should curb any desires to go driver shopping/testing over the winter. Total winner for Callaway.

Havent posted in a while, but had to come write about this driver. Its awesome. I bought one with the White Tie at no up-charge since I knew that was a great shaft for me. Put it right into play last weekend and had 2 great rounds. First round with it was my lowest rd of the year. Distance gains on center strikes were only a few yards which was to be expected, but as JMAN pointed out in his review, where this club really shines is on off center hits. I hit a few off the toe and a few high on the face (both my common misses) and they were almost exactly the same distance as center hits. Wonderful driver. Really good sound, love the feel with the combo with the white tie. Should curb any desires to go driver shopping/testing over the winter. Total winner for Callaway.

I agree 100%, It really does shine the most on off-center hits.

Right now I am playing at about 60% with some medical issues and hit 3 of my longest drives yesterday with the GBB, even the misses were pretty good.

Question for those that have had their GBB's for a good amount of time. The heads can be lofted up correct? So I could pick up a 9* head and loft it up to 10* or 11*? Is this correct? Just trying to keep my opinions open incase I come across a deal that I can't pass up.

yep +2 or -1 from stated

Hmm...good to know.

And with the dual cog adapter, it really doesn't mess with face orientation either. I have mine +1 at 10* right now and from what i can tell it's still square. First experience with the dual cog for me and I am really liking it. Plus you can mess with it as much as you want and the grip is always square, which for people who are OCD about that like me will really enjoy haha.

OK, so I didn't want to admit it cause I just couldn't believe it was gonna be true but I finally played with my new GBB. IT IS A BETTER CLUB THAN MY 815. There I said it, I would of never believed it and had zero interest in pulling the trigger but my goodness I'm sure glad I did. I'm not playing near 100% right now and had some of the best drives I had all season. My miss hits were almost as far as most good hits on my 815 and when I hit it well (which was actually often) it was way longer and had some Y.A.C. and for me thats huge since I normally find my ball mark close to my ball on drives. What a great day with this club. And thanks to all those that posted to sway my decision to get this.

And with the dual cog adapter, it really doesn't mess with face orientation either. I have mine +1 at 10* right now and from what i can tell it's still square. First experience with the dual cog for me and I am really liking it. Plus you can mess with it as much as you want and the grip is always square, which for people who are OCD about that like me will really enjoy haha.

IF I get one, it'll be my first experience with one also. The grip thing wouldn't bother me, I probably wouldn't even notice it, but good to know that it stays square regardless of how much it gets turned.

OK, so I didn't want to admit it cause I just couldn't believe it was gonna be true but I finally played with my new GBB. IT IS A BETTER CLUB THAN MY 815. There I said it, I would of never believed it and had zero interest in pulling the trigger but my goodness I'm sure glad I did. I'm not playing near 100% right now and had some of the best drives I had all season. My miss hits were almost as far as most good hits on my 815 and when I hit it well (which was actually often) it was way longer and had some Y.A.C. and for me thats huge since I normally find my ball mark close to my ball on drives. What a great day with this club. And thanks to all those that posted to sway my decision to get this.

Jitzy, my man. It is fun to be a club Ho, I really enjoy the chase as much as the game. Sure we end up shooting about the same scores overall, but it is fun to try new stuff and see the ball go further even if for us it is out to 240 or 250 :)

Its. Finally. Shipping.

YES!

I have now had my new GBB driver for about 6 weeks. The learning curve was pretty quick - after only a round or two, it felt like I'd been playing it for years....and that, after driving had really been failing me on and off this whole summer (I probably only hit 40% of the fairways in the 3-4 rounds being getting the GBB). I've been hitting far more fairways and with very consistent distance right out of the gate. However, something must have just clicked with it this past Sunday afternoon - I hit 10 of 13 fairways, with the three misses being within 10 feet of the fairway (or actually the green on a short hole), with distances ranging from 265-300 (on the one hole I didn't use driver, I used the GBB 3-wood and put it in the fairway). It was probably first round in years where I didn't mishit a single drive. Maybe its better play on my part but there is something that just feels right for me with this driver.

Stopped at my local Dicks today to hopefully get acquainted with a few clubs I may see in December. They did not have one GBB with a stiff flex shaft to demo, also no one working the golf section at all. Did hit CF16 a few times though.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk

This driver just continues to amaze me.

I say the same thing every single time I get out with it.

Very cool. I'm looking forward to seeing that beauty!

Me too! Just got the tracking, looks like Friday which is a relief because more than anything I just needed it before next weekend.

I say the same thing every single time I get out with it.
I gotta agree whole heartedly with this.

I was playing with my buddy I usually play with and he made a comment while we were playing about how I hit that shot just like my old 815 then i told him I completely hit it on the heel and saw the ball mark on the heel. He was amazed and said WTF your misses are as good as your good shots. After the round we went to the driving range so he could play around with it and he was amazed.

I played on Sunday and I hit back to back drives on 17 and 18 that literally just made me smile and my playing partners say... HOLY SHIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIII!

I got in 10 holes this morning before the rain out and I am at least 10 yds longer (with the same shaft as the 815) and I only hit one on the screws by the ball mark and it was 264 with not much roll at all (maybe a couple of yds) by the GPS, that is stupid long for me. Misses are still going 220-230 my normal best with the 815. It is just easier to hit.

I've only had a week to compare but my holy grail driver is not my new GBB, it's a XR Pro with a Graphite Design AD Di6 x flex shaft. It's close, but for now, I prefer the ball flight and looks of the XR Pro over the GBB.

I've only had a week to compare but my holy grail driver is not my new GBB, it's a XR Pro with a Graphite Design AD Di6 x flex shaft. It's close, but for now, I prefer the ball flight and looks of the XR Pro over the GBB.

XRP is a fun head, just don't miss laterally.

It and this really are different beasts.

OH! The Great Big Blue Bertha will be here...TOMORROW! HELL YES!

XRP is a fun head, just don't miss laterally.

It and this really are different beasts.

OH! The Great Big Blue Bertha will be here...TOMORROW! HELL YES!
This will be a treat to hit

Back