Optical illusions in golf swing pictures

This was a picture in the Grandaddy Live Update thread that fits here. What you see is not always what you get!

I know it is just because of the camera, but I love how it looks like his club broke!

Seth on the Par 3 11th

2y3e9a8a.jpg

Click for the larger pic.

swing vision cameras film from top to bottom while common cameras from left to right, creating the bent shaft effect

Looks like goat hump. I personally think. ( and I'm guiltily too) .. We should just worry about the divot and ball flight results. Too much over analyzing really ruins any chances of understanding this hard and difficult.. Yet fun game

Looks like goat hump. I personally think. ( and I'm guiltily too) .. We should just worry about the divot and ball flight results. Too much over analyzing really ruins any chances of understanding this hard and difficult.. Yet fun game

Why not use video to help? It can't hurt, if used properly.

What is going on with this shaft? Newbie just trying to get a grasp...

What is going on with this shaft? Newbie just trying to get a grasp...

What is going on in this first pic? Others are just kind of for reference.

I'm pretty new to learning all of the endless little intricacies of golf. These pics are from a video I took of my self to see what was going on in my swing, I pulled a few stills from said vid and the first one got me wondering. My tempo probably isn't what it should be, but I wasn't really going after these balls much either. This is a Project X 5.5 Rifle shaft in what I believe is my 9i. Is this supposed to be going on? Am am losing yards because of this? Should I move to a stiffer shaft? Here is the video also:

This is actually distortion. If you google Golf Shaft flex distortion their is different websites that can explain it way better than I can.

This is actually distortion. If you google Golf Shaft flex distortion their is different websites that can explain it way better than I can.

Ahh, thank you. I hadn't ever heard about that but it make sense now that I read through that article a little bit.

Optical illusions in golf swing pictures

Just realized this is from 2010...

Love how cameras distort golf things. Here is a sequence I took of Ai Miyazato:

DSCN3071%20Large_zpsqdquucyk.jpg

DSCN3072%20Large_zpsa0r0lnhw.jpg

DSCN3073%20Large_zpsywd7scxq.jpg

DSCN3074%20Large_zpsw4iauhlv.jpg

DSCN3075%20Large_zps3bqjtxnu.jpg

DSCN3076%20Large_zpswkbugrz5.jpg

DSCN3077%20Large_zpsiaqbkiuc.jpg

DSCN3078%20Large_zpso1blj3ne.jpg

DSCN3079%20Large_zpsbkx5hbs8.jpg

Love how cameras distort golf things. Here is a sequence I took of Ai Miyazato:
Ha, that looks like she's swinging an Orange Whip with a driver head attached.

Back