Pay it Forward: 30 days of kindness

Guy flags me down on the street downtown in Cherry Creek to ask directions. He is from Italy and his Sim card won't allow GPS. Asks for directions to the airport. I give him directions and time to get there and he is shocked I stopped to help.

He asks if he could pull off the street and give me something. I was like...OK? He hands me his business card and works with Nordstrom's as one of his accounts and sets window scenes for new product and event organizer. He speaks very good english but hard to understand when he talks quickly. Pulls out this bag of my size leather jackets and one for Tera. I told him thanks but it is not needed and start to walk away. He handed me the bag and said he insisted. I asked him to give it to the first person at the airport he thought looked as if they needed it. He smiled and reached in for a bro hug and I got the Italy cheek as will. Wasn't ready for that...lol.

Got home and looked up one of the jackets as the others weren't available yet. $1600...Holy crap. No wonder I don't shop there. Have to admit I kicked myself for a second but someone is going to have a great surprise.

I had a small act yesterday and it's something I do very often when I see a Military member in full uniform at a conveince store.While in line I saw 2 guys come in, wearing uniforms and left a $10 bill at the register to help pay for whatever they purchased. It's no big deal to me but let a military guy find out and it's a big deal to them,they very much appreciate what we as citizens do for them.

So if your at the store please pay a small price for a cup of coffee for a member of the forces or police & fire dept.. they do appreciate it !

Awesome thread Freddie, I'll be participating for sure!

Today was simple, I held the door open for as many people as I could, nothing earth shattering but it's the fundamentals of kindness that can sometimes get away from us. My Mom taught me well and Sometimes I need a reminder.

Marc, this is something I always do. It's not difficult at all and the reactions I get for always holding the door is actually kind of sad. Most people actually stop to thank me and tell me they haven't had someone hold the door for them for as long as they can remember. I always always always hold the door, doesn't matter who it's for. Just something a lesson my mom taught at a young age that I always do. Amanda says she never gets sick of me doing it because even tho it's something really small she loves it about me.

Today was a tough one. I got news of my friends mother passing from Cancer. He isn't someone who I get to talk with regularly, but I immediately reached out to offer my condolences and offer any help I can as he is in Mexico and she was in my town. He seemed grateful that I reached out as not many people have heard the news yet.

Day 3 - Agreed to do a task myself that I would typically delegate to support staff so they could enjoy their evening at the expense of my own.

My buddy at work had a tough day today; bad news on the job and at home. After she left, I ran to the store and grabbed a small planter with some nice flowers and a card and brought it back to her desk. When she comes in tomorrow, I hope it makes her day better than today was.

Again with a simple day. Traffic on I77 can be one of the most ridiculous rides a person can have in a daily commute, as I was trying to merge on to a highway no one would let me in until a trucker gave me the nod, all day I gave truckers the nod to merge in front of me and let them in when the opportunity arose. You'd be shocked at the pricks behind me confirming that I'm number 1 lol.

Helped a lady carry a couple packages into the post office. Looked like she was going to drop one they way she was carrying them.

I had a small act yesterday and it's something I do very often when I see a Military member in full uniform at a conveince store.While in line I saw 2 guys come in, wearing uniforms and left a $10 bill at the register to help pay for whatever they purchased. It's no big deal to me but let a military guy find out and it's a big deal to them,they very much appreciate what we as citizens do for them.

So if your at the store please pay a small price for a cup of coffee for a member of the forces or police & fire dept.. they do appreciate it !

Funny you say this.. I went to Dennys this morning ( had a tooth pulled last night so my usual cereal was a no go! ) 2 guys were in from APG ( local army base ) so I gave the waitress, who knows me, 20.00 to put towards their bill. I don't like some of the places we have gotten ourselves involved in, but I'll never hold it against the troops.

Awesome thread Freddie, I'll be participating for sure!

Marc, this is something I always do. It's not difficult at all and the reactions I get for always holding the door is actually kind of sad. Most people actually stop to thank me and tell me they haven't had someone hold the door for them for as long as they can remember. I always always always hold the door, doesn't matter who it's for. Just something a lesson my mom taught at a young age that I always do. Amanda says she never gets sick of me doing it because even tho it's something really small she loves it about me.

I agree - I still hold the door for people, and even still open the car door for my wife. I like holding the door for people who are just far enough away that they break into that awkward run to get there!

Picked up the lunch tab for 3 members of the army today. Didn't make a scene, just asked the waiter for their check, paid it and asked him to not let them know who paid it, just someone who appreciated their sacrifice and service.

Paid the AC memembership for a couple members today, treated a friend to lunch as thanks for the help he provided in getting me in the door at the new job.

Picked up the lunch tab for 3 members of the army today. Didn't make a scene, just asked the waiter for their check, paid it and asked him to not let them know who paid it, just someone who appreciated their sacrifice and service.
That was an awesome thing to do Tim.

Grabbed a good friend of mine's Albatross membership for 2016 today.

Also tho I was in the self check out area at Walmart grabbing a few things after work. I saw a mother and I believe it was her son checking out. She was just about finished up when I got there and I noticed her son was upset. She didn't have enough money to pay for a football he wanted. So she handed it to the worker behind the computer and asked if they would put it back for her. She left as I was finishing up so I told the lady behind the computer I'd pay for the football. It wasn't expensive but the look on the kid's face when I caught up to him and tossed him the football was absolutely priceless. The mother was very appreciative and couldn't stop thanking me but it's not a big deal and no kid should go without a football if he wants one!

Ever since I was a little boy I've been the favorite of a particular aunt. We live far apart. She has taken the time to carry on some traditions my mom used to have with me before she (my mom) passed. I sent my aunt a note tonight recognizing her efforts, telling her thank you and that I love her. It was long over due.

Last edited:
I'll tell you what, after a long day that got to me this thread has been exactly what I needed to read. Such amazing people doing really big things - no act is truly small and we will never know how many people that gesture affects.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Bump for honesty, I didn't do anything special today, I'm sure there were opportunities but I didn't capture them.

Bump for honesty, I didn't do anything special today, I'm sure there were opportunities but I didn't capture them.
You picked up my AC membership. That's pretty damn special in my book. Thanks buddy!

Picked up breakfast for the four cars behind me at chick fil a this morning. Sounds like the other behind me are continuing to pay it forward as well. A co worker went through about 30 minutes later said someone grabbed his meal so he grabbed a few behind him as well.

Picked up breakfast for the four cars behind me at chick fil a this morning. Sounds like the other behind me are continuing to pay it forward as well. A co worker went through about 30 minutes later said someone grabbed his meal so he grabbed a few behind him as well.

This is awesome - love it when others continue to pay it forward.

In the true spirit of Kang's challenge, I picked up the Albatross club for 3 complete strangers. I tried to find people that have been active recently and posted at least a little bit, in hopes that doing so will get them more active and enjoy this site and community for what it is. If even one of them becomes more active and involved, then I will take that as a success. Plus...some of the money goes towards puppies!

I'll be paying it forward this weekend with some help to my mom, dad and one of their friends with a storage unit moving boxes and furniture, also helping my dad winterize his boat, it's amazing how much physical labor starts to add up, but I'm happy to help!

Going to be helping my bil finish painting his condo so he can get it rented out. He has been doing a bunch if the work himself lately without the help of others he thought were going to help him out while he travelled this weekend. So now,that school is winding down and I have some comp time at work this afternoon, tomorrow after work and whatever time is needed on sat I will hanging with him

In the true spirit of Kang's challenge, I picked up the Albatross club for 3 complete strangers. I tried to find people that have been active recently and posted at least a little bit, in hopes that doing so will get them more active and enjoy this site and community for what it is. If even one of them becomes more active and involved, then I will take that as a success. Plus...some of the money goes towards puppies!
That's the exact approach I took last night Colin. Tried to find new less than three months but have posting.

Sent from my LG-D850 using Tapatalk

To make up for yesterday (which I cannot put my finger on any act of kindness that I did beyond a typical day), I did two today. First, I picked up an AC membership for someone I have never met and never interacted with. Second, I spoke with a homeless man near some food trucks and bought him enough for lunch and dinner. Real friendly guy.

Back