great weekend of golf

bogeybrain

Reaction score
d46deeb55178cef7e623271f0761d7d1.jpg

I haven't posted in a while but I have been buried with work. Thought I would share an awesome experience I had. Every year I play this tournament called the Carolina springs invitational. I've been trying to win it for 5 years and couldn't do it. This year I prepped as hard as I could and boy did it work out.

I went out first round and played conservative but aggressive to my spots and shot a 2 under 70.finished one shot back after day one.
Day two came around and I knew that every day the course gets tougher. Pin positions tighten up and greens are faster. I tried to keep within myself and play solid. I was even through 9 for the day and pulled my tee shot hard left.in the open but tough layup. I miss hit my 3 wood and wound up 165 out to an island green with 30 mph winds in my face.At that moment I dig deep knowing this would make me or break me.I pulled a6 iron and hit maybe the best shot I have ever hit! Landed next to the pin, one bounce and pull back to the pin for a tap in birdie. From there I was so hopped up on adrenaline I finished with a 3 under 69.

Coming in to the final round I had a 10 shot lead at 5 under. I have lost the past 5 years to the guy in second and I also know he is capable of putting up a 63. I just tried to stay even with him the whole way. Made the turn with still a 10 shot lead and basically played every hole that is hard for a bogey. It worked out great and was pretty stress free not having to be aggressive and score. I wound up shooting 79 and won by 7 strokes!
It was a great weekend and best of all I get free entry next year! :)

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Tapatalk

That's awesome Jay, congrats

Congrats man. Those are some impressive scores under pressure.

Congrats!

Congrats man. Way to stay strong.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Congrats on the victory. Well deserved!

Great shooting Jay!

Nice rounds! Great job!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Great job and congrats!

Jay!!!

Congrats! Great playing!

Awesome! Congrats!

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk

Congrats Jay!!

Great playing brother!! Hoping to play next year, sorry I missed it this year but you would've steamrolled me haha

Congrats. Nice playing.

Sent from my LG-D850 using Tapatalk

Congratulations, Jay, you obviously have a fantastic game. While I am quite sure that I will never have such a game, I have got to believe it feels really, really good. Enjoy and take pride in your accomplishment.

Congrats! Two great rounds!

Congratulations! Well done!

Congrats on the win!

That is awesome shooting,congratulations

Sent from my SM-G900W8 using Tapatalk

Well done dude, that's awesome!

Congrats very impressive

That's awesome, congrats man!

Back