Choose Your Cleveland Setup

Aight here's what I'm thinking...

Driver: Launcher HB 10.5 with HZRDUS Black 56 6.5

3W: Launcher HB 15* with GD Tour AD BB 7x

Hybrids: Launcher HB 19* with Hzrdus Black 85 6.5

Irons: CBX with KBS C-Taper Lite 115X shafts, 1* up, standard length

Wedges: All Wedges, RTX-s Tour Raw, standard loft/lie, KBS Wedge shafts (X?)
RTX-3 50* V-MG (10* bounce)
RTX-3 54* V-MG bent to 55* (11* bounce before bending)
RTX-3 60* V-MG (9* bounce)

Putter: HB #5, 34" with the Winnpro X 1.32 grip in black

Grips: GP MCC+4 Gray

Bag: blue/black/white stand bag

Ball: Srixon Z Star XV, white

Driver: Cleveland Launcher HB 10.5*
Shaft - Graphite Design Tour AD MT-6X

FW Wood: Launcher HB 15* and 18* Fairway Wood
Shaft - Graphite Design Tour AD MT-7X

Irons: CBX 4-PW
Shaft - Project X 6.5

Wedges: RTX-3 Tour Satin
50* V-MG
56* V-MG
62* V-MG
Shaft - Project X 6.0

Grips - Golf Pride Tour Velvet

Putter: Huntington Beach 8
Grip - IOMIC White

Golf Ball: Q-Star Tour White

Golf Bag: Cleveland Stand Bag - Navy

Just my luck... a last minute all-day developmental staff meeting was arranged in my office. I'll be back here for lunch, can any THP'ers help me out with shaft options for the irons? I'm looking at the CBX line and I'd enjoy a mid-low trajectory with a lighter weight shaft. Currently using C-Taper Lites and would love to try something different!

Driver: Cleveland Launcher HB 10.5*
Shaft - Graphite Design Tour AD MT-6X

FW Wood: Launcher HB 15* and 18* Fairway Wood
Shaft - Graphite Design Tour AD MT-7X

Shaft - Project X 6.5

Wedges: RTX-3 Tour Satin
50* V-MG
56* V-MG
62* V-MG
Shaft - Project X 6.0

Grips - Golf Pride Tour Velvet

Putter: Huntington Beach 8
Grip - IOMIC White

Golf Ball: Q-Star Tour White

Golf Bag: Cleveland Stand Bag - Navy

Solid setup right there!

that'll be fun!!!

here are a few things I know,

the head setup will be:

Driver: Cleveland Launcher HB 10.5
FW Wood: Launcher HB 15 degrees
Hybrid: Launcher HB 19 degrees
Wedges:
CBX 48
RTX-3 black satin 54 or 56 V-FG
RTX-3 black satin 60 V-LG
Putter: HB#1 34" 1 degree flat if possible(I am considering a HB#10 Right Handed)

grips will be Lamkin Z5 black
bag will be all black
ball will be white Z-star

all left handed.

what I don't know is the shafts, I am clueless in that deparment.

I love my AD DI 6S in my current driver so I will probably go with that, the only thing I don't like about this, is that it lauches a tad too low, but the launcher being higher launching than my driver, it should be fine.

3w and hybrid, I'll be doing some research, but I'd like to find something somewhat similar to the AD DI 7S I have in my 3W, I love the feeling.

Irons, I want to go graphite, maybe steelfiber i95 R, as I hear they are a bit stiffer than flex and I like a smoother iron shaft.

wedges.. I'm thinking KBS custom series white just because they look awesome, or maybe the same as in my irons if possible, I dont know

I know when presented a full shaft catalog the immediate reaction might be to run to most expensive. As someone who did that in a previous event where we had a full catalog and ended up with some ill fitting stuff because it was cool, I suggest going with what works because in the long term you're gonna have a lot more fun and play a lot better golf.

Next up we will go Hybrid:

22* with Mitisubishi Kuro Kage Black Stiff flex, 1/4" short of standard with Lamkin uTx black grip.

I know when presented a full shaft catalog the immediate reaction might be to run to most expensive. As someone who did that in a previous event where we had a full catalog and ended up with some ill fitting stuff because it was cool, I suggest going with what works because in the long term you're gonna have a lot more fun and play a lot better golf.

Yeah, I am going with shafts I have had in the past (or currently have) and know work, but going to take one risk in a shaft that I have really wanted to have in the bag (tested it once and liked what I saw).

This is really good advice for all of us, go with what works as it is all about fun and scoring (IMHO).

This was actually a lot more fun to dream about this setup than I imagined. Love the complete customizability of everything. These guys are going to have fun!!

Driver - Kuro Kage HBP 60 S
15 degree Wood - Kuro Kage HBP 60 S
19 and 22 degree Hybrid - Kuro Kage 70 R
CBX 5-PW Irons - With the UST Recoil 670 Regular Shaft (This is if they let me customize to drop the 4i for another hybrid, otherwise I drop the 22 degree hybrid)
RTX-3 Tour Raw Wedge Set - Nippon Pro Modus 115's, 50, 54, 58 VM-G
All Grips are Winn Grips Dri-Tac Medium
Putter Huntington Beach 11 with Winn Pro X Black 1.32 OS grip
Cleveland Charcoal/Red/White Bag
Srixon Q Star Tour Balls

Let's knock out the fairways.

15 & 18" both with the Miyazaki Kaula Kiri 6S with Lamkin uTx black grip.

Freaking awesome selection!

I'd go
Driver: Launcher HB 9.
FW's: Launcher HB 15 and 18.
Hybo: Launcher 22
Irons: CBX
Wedges RTX-3 at 52 (bent to 51), 56, 60. Chrome standard bounce on 51 and 60. High bounce on 56.
Putter: TFi 2135 satin Elevado
Ball: Srixon Zstar XV - white
Bag: Black

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

for the penultimate item let's go with the irons.

5-pw Launcher HB, 2* flat lie, 1/4" short with stock (again, I know crazy right?) TTDG DST 98 S300 w/Lamkin uTx black grips.

Driver is going to be a tough one... or is it?

My hypothetical WITB...

Driver: 44.5" Cleveland Launcher HB 9 degrees in Tensei CK Pro Blue 70 XFlex with midsize Tour Velvet

FW Wood: Launcher HB
15 degrees in Tensei CK Pro Blue 70 XFlex with midsize Tour Velvet

Hybrid: Launcher HB 19 degrees in Aldila Rogue Black Stiff with midsize Tour Velvet

Irons: CBX 4-PW +1/4” in Project X 125's with midsize GP MCC Plus 4 Align grips

Wedges: CBX Satin finish 50, 54, and 58 in KBS Dynamic Gold Spinner with midsize Tour Velvet

Putter: 35" TFi 2135 Satin RHO Putter with WinnPro X 1.60 black putter grip

Golf Ball: Yellow ZStar

Golf Bag: Z-Four Stand Bag - Charcoal/Cyan

Not gonna lie...I would REALLY miss my UST shafts. ALL of them.

Driver: Cleveland Launcher HB 10.5 degrees with Miyazaki Kaula Mizore 6 Stiff and blue UTx grip

FW Woods: Launcher HB 15 and 18 degrees with Miyazaki Kaula Mizu 6 Stiff and blue UTx grips

Hybrids: Launcher HB1 22 and 25 degrees with Miyazaki Kaula 7 Hybrid Stiff and blue UTx grips

Irons: CBX 6-PW with Recoil 780ES Stiff, blue UTx grips and 2 degrees flat

Wedges: RTX-3 54* V-MG, 58* V-LG both with Tour Raw finish; and CBX 50* - all with Rotex Graphite shafts, blue UTx grips and 2 degrees flat

Putter: Huntington Beach 3 - 33", 69* lie angle and blue Iomic midsize grip

Golf Ball: Srixon Z-Star White Golf Balls

Golf Bag: Cleveland Stand Bag Black/Blue/White

That was fun and filled with a lot of tough decisions

finally the BIG DOG.

Launcher HB 10.5* with Oban Kyoshi Purple 55 S with lamkin uTx black grip.

Will consolidate into one post shortly, but there it is, I am spent.

Sight unseen, I'd think my bag would look something like this.

Driver: Launcher HB 10.5˚ - Miyazaki Kosuma Blue 6S
3w: Launcher HB 15˚ - Miyazaki Kosuma Blue 6S
5W: Launcher HB 18˚ - Miyazaki Kosuma Blue 7S
Irons: Launcher CBX 4-PW - Nippon NS Pro Modus3 Tour 120
Gap: CBX 50˚*- Nippon NS Pro Modus3 Tour 120
Sand/Lob: RTX 3 54/58 V-MG - Nippon NS Pro Modus3 Wdg 125
--MCC +4 on everything
Putter: 2135 Satin Elevado
Ball: Srixon Z-Star Yellow
Bag: Black/Blue/White

great post, I will try to stay close to what works for me in the woods/hybrids, but I really want to try graphite in the irons, I,ve wanted to try that for a while, and this is a good opportunity.

I do need help chosing my iron shafts however, I am thinking either Recoil 780 ES, Recoil 680, SteelFiber i80 or i95, I havent tried any graphite shaft so I have no idea what I am getting into. I chose these, because I fear going in the stock shaft at sub 60g will be too much of a shock from the KBS CTL I am playing now.

Man I'm getting excited. This is going to be an awesome event! Keep the ideas coming fellas!

Driver: Cleveland Launcher HB 10.5

FW Wood: Launcher HB 15 degrees

Hybrid: Launcher HB 19 and 22 degrees

Irons: CBX 5-PW

Wedges: CBX, satin, 50*/11*, 54*/12*, 58*/19*,

Putter: TFi 2135 Satin Counter Balanced

Golf Ball: Srizon Z Star

Golf Bag: Cleveland Stand Bag / Navy

Irons and wedges would be UST'd up...Recoil 680's unless I couldn't get those in the wedges, in which case I'd go with Rotex wedge shafts.

Looks like no UST for woods so I'd happily go with Hazardous Yellow across the board with woods/hybrids, probably in 5.5 flex.

Grips would be Lamkin UTX or REL3GENs.

I know the putter, grips and all shaft choices, so there'd be a ton of familiarity and confidence there. It is a little hard not to choose the RTX3's, which I love, but you gotta do what you gotta do.

recap of entire bag:

Driver: Launcher HB 10.5*, Oban Kyoshi Purple 55S
Fairways: Launcher HB 15* & 18*, Miyazaki Kaula Kiri 6S
Hybrid: Launcher HB 22*, Mitsubishi Kuro Kage 80S (-1/4" of stock length)
Irons: Launcher HB 5-PW, TTDG DST 98 S300 (2* flat, -1/4" of stock lengh)
Wedges: CBX 50* (bent to 49*), 54* & 58* TTDG 115W (2* flat, -1/4" of stock length)
Grips: Lamkin uTx Black (standard size, no additional wraps)
Putter: TFi 2135 Rho 33" (stock grip)
Ball: Z-Star Tour Yellos
Bag: Stand bag in Navy/Red/White

I have to say I am quite happy with the selection of available left handed equipment, aside from a few loft options and putter shapes, everything is avaiable. I wouldn't different putter options but overall, Cleveland is doing great in that department

recap of entire bag:

Driver: Launcher HB 10.5*, Oban Kyoshi Purple 55S
Fairways: Launcher HB 15* & 18*, Miyazaki Kaula Kiri 6S
Hybrid: Launcher HB 22*, Mitsubishi Kuro Kage 80S (-1/4" of stock length)
Irons: Launcher HB 5-PW, TTDG DST 98 S300 (2* flat, -1/4" of stock lengh)
Wedges: CBX 50* (bent to 49*), 54* & 58* TTDG 115W (2* flat, -1/4" of stock length)
Grips: Lamkin uTx Black (standard size, no additional wraps)
Putter: TFi 2135 Rho 33" (stock grip)
Ball: Z-Star Tour Yellos
Bag: Stand bag in Navy/Red/White

that was fast! I still can't decide on shafts, did you try everything you selected?

excited to hear what the participants are thinking....

that was fast! I still can't decide on shafts, did you try everything you selected?

I currently have the 5I and 54* wedge in this setup and love both clubs. The putter I have yet to try, but have been eyeing them for a while. That was honestly the toughest choice. Have played the hybrid shaft (not in this head obviously) and while I haven't played the Kaula Kiri it sounds very similar to a shaft I LOVE the Kusala white. the Oban is the one I have had the least experience with but got to hit it during my driver fitting last year, but the price scared me off of hitting it more than 3 times.

I am also a person that would drive myself crazy looking at a menu so I have learned that my first choice is usually my best choice, so I am getting the patty melt on rye with fries and a coke.... or the clubs I listed above in this case... got my metaphors confused for a second there.

Driver shafts is a tough one, looking over some of the specs and knowing what I like I think I would choose

Launcher HB 10.5 with one of the following shafts in stiff flex

Mits - Tensei CK Pro Blue 60
Oban - Revenge 6
Aldila - Tour Blue 65

Back