Choose Your Cleveland Setup

This is absolutely awesome!

I'd definitely try to find a fitter to test some shafts if I got into this event. Worth the cost to make sure you've got something that works for your game.

This is what my bag would look like:

Driver: Cleveland Launcher HB 10.5

Hybrid- Launcher HB 22*

Irons-CBX irons 5-PW

Wedges- RTX 54*, RTX 56*, CBX 58*

Putter: TFI 2135 Satin 8

Ball- Z Star XV

Bag- Cart Bag. Black/Charcoal/White

Shafts would be 760 ES Smackwrap in irons, Tensei CK Pro blue 60, Wedge shafts would be DG Spinner, Hybrid shaft would be Myazaki CKUA 60.

All grips would be Goldf Pride MCC Plus 4.

that cleveland catalog of choices looks easy. I know since being picked the guys have been going over this in their mind.

I'd definitely try to find a fitter to test some shafts if I got into this event. Worth the cost to make sure you've got something that works for your game.
Fortunately, I've been through 2 fittings fairly recently with Ruben at Cleveland/Srixon. The shaft choices I made were based off those fittings.

I'll play for fun. :banana:

Left Handed so I had to make sure lofts/grinds are available from the brochures. Extra work for us lefties!

Cleveland Launcher HB 10.5* stiff w PROJECT X HZRDUS Black 65 6.0
Launcher HB 15* 3W stiff w PROJECT X HZRDUS Black 65 6.0
Launcher HB 3H 19* stiff w OBAN DEVOTION 8 86g
Launcher HB 4H 22* stiff w OBAN DEVOTION 8 86g
Launcher CBX Irons 5-PW stiff w Recoil 780 ES

Wedges: RTX-3 Blades

50* V-MG 10* Bounce Tour Satin
54* V-MG 11* Bounce Tour Satin
60* V-LG 6* Bounce Black Satin
all wedges with True Temper Dynamic Gold Wedge Flex

Grips: Golf Pride MCC Plus 4 BLUE

Putter: TFI 2135 SATIN-1.0 O/S GRIP 35"

Golf Ball: Srixon Z-STAR

Golf Bag: Cleveland Stand Bag Navy

Thanks!

here is what I am going for at the moment, how many times are we allowed to change our minds?

Driver: Cleveland Launcher HB 10.5 AD DI 6S +0.5"
FW Wood: Launcher HB 15 degrees AD DI 6S
Hybrid: Launcher HB 19 degrees Miyazaki Kaula 7 Hybrid Stiff
Irons: CBX 4-PW Recoil 780 ES S
Wedges:
RTX3 CB 48 Recoil 780 ES S
RTX-3 black satin 54 v-fg KBS white
RTX-3 black satin 60 V-LG KBS white
Putter: HB#1 34" 1 degree flat with WinnPro X Putter 1.32 (BLK)

grips will be Lamkin Z5 black
bag will be all black
ball will be white Z-star

all left handed.

Last edited:
Just for clarity, irons have to be 4-p, or can we do 5-p JB?

Solid setup mp!

Love the setups so far guys

A little overwhelming to say the least, so I'm going reach into the collective minds of THP. I honestly don't know enough about bounce, iron shafts, or woods shafts to say that is for sure what I need. I'm currently using a Aldila NV-X in 68g, Aldila RIP-X in my 4 Wood and Hybrid, and X100's in my irons, I tend to have a very high ball flight. Should I stay with these, or go with something else? Here's the setup I'm leaning towards:

Driver: Cleveland Launcher HB - 9* Standard Length Shaft:(Need some help here!)
FW Wood: Launcher HB - 15* +.5”lg Shaft:(Need some help here!)

Hybrid: Launcher HB – 22* +.5”lg Shaft:(Need some help here!)

Irons: CBX 4-PW +.75”lg (2* upright) Shaft:(Need some help here!)

Wedges: RTX-3 +.75”lg (2* upright)
Finish: Black Satin
Lofts: 60*, 56*, 52*
Choose Bounce: (Need some help here!)

Putter: TFI 2135 SATIN - RHO PUTTER 35 OS

Golf Ball: Z-Star XV Tour Yellow

Golf Bag: Cleveland Stand Bag Black/Blue/White

Grips(Irons, Woods, Wedges): MCC Plus 4 (Blue) Midsize
Grip Putter:
WinnPro X Putter 1.60

Last edited:
I’m going to have to take some time to look through their catalog tonight. This will be fun.

I know I'm being relatively quiet but I want to make sure I'm confident in my choices of heads and shafts before I post. I'm seriously debating between the 2 irons, on one hand, the CBX are a traditional iron and I love the wedge-like face milling. On the other hand, the HB's are so different than what I'm used to, I almost want to take a chance and see how they work.

Will report back later on once I figure everything out.

Sent from my SM-G935R4 using Tapatalk

I would be completely lost on this. For starters if you were a woman would you select women's clubs or men's?

A little overwhelming to say the least, so I'm going reach into the collective minds of THP. I honestly don't know enough about bounce, iron shafts, or woods shafts to say that is for sure what I need. I'm currently using a Aldila NV-X in 68g, Aldila RIP-X in my 4 Wood and Hybrid, and X100's in my irons, I tend to have a very high ball flight. Should I stay with these, or go with something else? Here's the setup I'm leaning towards:

Irons: CBX 4-PW +.5”lg (3* upright) Shaft:(Need some help here!)

Wedges: RTX-3 +.5”lg (3* upright)

Putter: TFI 2135 SATIN - RHO PUTTER 35”

Grips: MCC Plus 4 (Blue) Midsize?

I can't really help for shafts, I tried to pick a driver shaft somewhat close to what I am playing now and I enjoy, and tried to keep it consistent from there

I would be completely lost on this. For starters if you were a woman would you select women's clubs or men's?

You can select anything you would like from the list.

Irons: CBX 4-PW +.5”lg (3* upright) Shaft:(Need some help here!)

Wedges: RTX-3 +.5”lg (3* upright)

Putter: TFI 2135 SATIN - RHO PUTTER 35”

Grips: MCC Plus 4 (Blue) Midsize?
What have you played in the past that you liked?

On the wedges, are you a sweeper or digger, and are your normal course conditions soft or firm?

What flex do you play?

Maybe this info might help your fellow THPers offer suggestions

Edit: sorry, just read your whole post (habitual skimmer here.)

I played x100's for a while and I actually preferred the kbs tour 130x. Little more feel for me.

I think the hzrdus black 65 would be fantastic.

JB, can we put irons shafts in our wedges or we should stay in the wedge shafts list?

This is very cool and in depth! Great way to get the participants thinking and the rest of the forum engaged. My selection would look similar to this.

Driver: Cleveland Launcher HB 9* w/ Project X HZRDUS Black 65s (-1/2")

FW Wood: Launcher HB 15* w/ Aldila Rogue Silver 75s

Hybrid: Launcher HB 19* w/ Aldila Tour Green 85s

Irons: CBX 4-PW w/ KBS C Taper s (2* upright)

Wedges: CBX 50*, RTX-3 54* & 58* Black Satin, Mid Grind 2 Dot w/ True Temper Dynamic Gold Tour Issue Onyx (1* upright)

Putter: Huntington Beach Collection 11 Putter (35")

Golf Ball: Srixon Z-Star XV ball (White)

Golf Bag: Cleveland Stand Bag (Navy/Red/White)

Grips: Lamkin UTx or Z5 (Black)

That was fun! Pretty much every shaft I play or have played recently and a setup I would be VERY comfortable with.

JB, can we put irons shafts in our wedges or we should stay in the wedge shafts list?

I would say you could use iron shafts in there.

I would say you could use iron shafts in there.

I don't know, does it make sens to continue with the same shafts? I honestly have no idea

great post, I will try to stay close to what works for me in the woods/hybrids, but I really want to try graphite in the irons, I,ve wanted to try that for a while, and this is a good opportunity.

I do need help chosing my iron shafts however, I am thinking either Recoil 780 ES, Recoil 680, SteelFiber i80 or i95, I havent tried any graphite shaft so I have no idea what I am getting into. I chose these, because I fear going in the stock shaft at sub 60g will be too much of a shock from the KBS CTL I am playing now.

Steelfiber is stout at any flex and very much a love it or hate it scenario. Recoils would be a solid choice.

I don't know, does it make sens to continue with the same shafts? I honestly have no idea

Totally up to you.

Steelfiber is stout at any flex and very much a love it or hate it scenario. Recoils would be a solid choice.

Boy do I agree with this. As someone that had Steelfibers in irons and wedges, I could not wait to get them changed out.

Back