Peloton Riders Unite

myndcraft

#TheGauntlet 2015 Champs
Reaction score
Handicap
Driving
I don't believe there's a thread here yet, but I would be shocked if there aren't more than a handful of riders amongst us. So let's use this thread to spread the gospel of Peloton and welcome others into the cult family. I'll get it started…

Despite wanting to work on my fitness level I always had a hard time doing so. I hate going to a gym and can't stand mindlessly riding an elliptical even if the TV is on. I'm very social and competitive and those two things are what really drive me in everything I do (I don't practice my golf game as much because I don't like going solo in fact).

Enter Peloton

Not only am I social and competitive, but also very metric driven. Now with the Peloton I get everything I need to drive me to succeed. The community is amazing and being able to see others in the class and have that instructor there coaching you on, all my the comfort of my home, is HUGE! Add on the leaderboards and metric tracking of HR, Cadence, Resistance and Output and that covers the other key bases of my personality. It's amazing waking up in the morning and thinking "I can't wait to get on the bike". I've never felt that way before about exercising and it's exhilarating!

I've only had it for a few weeks, but I've ridden almost every single day and can't wait to carry on my journey. Each ride I can see little improvements and I've lost 11 pounds so far as well!

Now let me hear your stories, or questions, and I'll see you on the Leader Boards! #CycleLikeAChap

I don't believe there's a thread here yet, but I would be shocked if there aren't more than a handful of riders amongst us. So let's use this thread to spread the gospel of Peloton and welcome others into the cult family. I'll get it started…

Despite wanting to work on my fitness level I always had a hard time doing so. I hate going to a gym and can't stand mindlessly riding an elliptical even if the TV is on. I'm very social and competitive and those two things are what really drive me in everything I do (I don't practice my golf game as much because I don't like going solo in fact).

Enter Peloton

Not only am I social and competitive, but also very metric driven. Now with the Peloton I get everything I need to drive me to succeed. The community is amazing and being able to see others in the class and have that instructor there coaching you on, all my the comfort of my home, is HUGE! Add on the leaderboards and metric tracking of HR, Cadence, Resistance and Output and that covers the other key bases of my personality. It's amazing waking up in the morning and thinking "I can't wait to get on the bike". I've never felt that way before about exercising and it's exhilarating!

I've only had it for a few weeks, but I've ridden almost every single day and can't wait to carry on my journey. Each ride I can see little improvements and I've lost 11 pounds so far as well!

Now let me hear your stories, or questions, and I'll see you on the Leader Boards! #CycleLikeAChap

Never knew or met anyone that has this. Are the classes live or prerecorded? I am assuming you can do class rides any time of day? Great job BTW on the weight loss.

Never knew or met anyone that has this. Are the classes live or prerecorded? I am assuming you can do class rides any time of day? Great job BTW on the weight loss.

They do about 12+ hours of live classes every day and then every class goes into an On Demand library.

And thank you!

I'm a little stunned. Am I the only Peloton rider here at THP?

Nope, you're not, there are a couple of us.

I have been SO miss on it this past half year with the renovations, and the twin pregnancy issues that the wife had, but once we get back into the house full time I'm going to get back into a rhythm.

I love it. I can't run anymore because of the knees, but this, I can do with no issues. Its a lot of fun, and the music being so good helps make it as enjoyable as it is for me.

I’ve never heard of them until today, and then saw some on a commercial and now the wife wants one. Time to do some research...

I’ve never heard of them until today, and then saw some on a commercial and now the wife wants one. Time to do some research...

If you have any questions don't hesitate to ask! And if you do decide to pull the trigger I have a referral code. You get $100 off and I get $100 credit for their boutique store.

If you have any questions don't hesitate to ask! And if you do decide to pull the trigger I have a referral code. You get $100 off and I get $100 credit for their boutique store.

Cool. If it looks like we’ll be going that way I’ll be sure to reach out.

We have one scheduled for delivery on December 13th. Can’t wait to start adding this to my fitness routine!

Last edited:
I'm gonna have to google it. :D

My parents have one of the Peloton Treadmills on the way. They look pretty cool as well.

We’ve had a Peloton for about two years at this point and done about 550 combined rides in it. Love it. The strength and running workouts are great too

I also use Peloton-much easier to choose just about any kind workout you want at home anytime instead of going to gym. Yes the metrics are awesome . Had it for two years

The Peloton arrived yesterday and I got my first ride in. I did a live ride and loved it! This is just the thing I need to get me in shape over the long Minnesota winter. Our exercise room is starting to fill up.

ef1b1d69e95f806116c992f720d9dce0.jpg

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I just this past week got some shoes that actually fit, so now I have no excuses for my laziness of not riding. Though, to be fair, the twins kept me off the bike most of this year, but now approaching 1 year old, its easier to do these things.

I love the updates they have implemented, and I'm really excited to start riding again.

I've been thinking about one or two of these for some time now. Space is an issue with all of the extra bedrooms going for home office, nursery, and guest room. How big of a foot print does it use? I'm wondering if I can't put one or two in the master.

I would give a lot for one of these. I do a spin class every morning. I love it. Pelaton is very cool. I might miss my spin group but this would be fun.

Nope, you're not, there are a couple of us.

I have been SO miss on it this past half year with the renovations, and the twin pregnancy issues that the wife had, but once we get back into the house full time I'm going to get back into a rhythm.

I love it. I can't run anymore because of the knees, but this, I can do with no issues. Its a lot of fun, and the music being so good helps make it as enjoyable as it is for me.

My twins are 20 but they still have their "issues" that get in the way of dads hobbies. I have two knee replacements and I found spin about five years ago. It is my cardio as I was once a marathon runner. As I said in another posting Peloton is on my "want" list. It went past ponder a long time ago. I have noticed a lot of country clubs are putting them into their exercise rooms.

Peloton Riders Unite

I've been thinking about one or two of these for some time now. Space is an issue with all of the extra bedrooms going for home office, nursery, and guest room. How big of a foot print does it use? I'm wondering if I can't put one or two in the master.

It’s much more compact than I expected with a 4’ X 2’ footprint. I ordere a 48” x 36” rubber mat for it and it fits perfectly.

I’ve only had my Peloton for a few days but I can’t say enough good things about it.

Here’s my workout from today. I love that I’m burning over 400 calories in a 30 minute workout.
3214ef2904ec6116d56f045a72adbec3.jpg

Last edited:
Man it’s nice to be back on my bike.

5 rides the last 8 days and my legs are shot, but, I love it.

And it’s pretty amazing the updates they keep bringing, loving the floor stuff with stretches and yoga.

Man it’s nice to be back on my bike.

5 rides the last 8 days and my legs are shot, but, I love it.

And it’s pretty amazing the updates they keep bringing, loving the floor stuff with stretches and yoga.

The tread/strength workouts have been fantastic when I've traveled for business or been on vacation. A lot easier to do since the bike stuff is definitely WAY better if you have all of the metrics and most hotel bikes are terrible.

The tread/strength workouts have been fantastic when I've traveled for business or been on vacation. A lot easier to do since the bike stuff is definitely WAY better if you have all of the metrics and most hotel bikes are terrible.

Yeah, the app is amazing. The doc has been using it when in call to get in a workout at the hotel still.

Another company I wish I would have invested in because damn they’re revolutionizing at home fitness.

My bike gets delivered on Friday! How are you guys all doing with your peloton?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I abhor working out in any fashion until we got a peloton. I can sit on that thing for 45 minutes without issue. When, after 5 minutes on a treadmill or elliptical, I'm bored out of my skull.

slacked off the past few months with travel/work/life, need to get back to 3-4 times per week like i was when we got it last winter. good reminder.

Back