What Golf Stuff Did You Do Today?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Played 18 today on labour day.

Drove 2 hrs to play 18 with 6 other great THPers. Fun time and some great back and forth.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Drove 2 hrs to play 18 with 6 other great THPers. Fun time and some great back and forth.

It was great meeting you. Hopefully next time we can tee it up in the same foursome

Walked 18 and learned that I can hit a 4 iron pretty well when I just trust it and swing.

It was great meeting you. Hopefully next time we can tee it up in the same foursome

Same with you. After hearing the back and forth with you and Nate, I'd like to see what golf with Big Time and Big Time South is like.

Hit clubs at Golfsmith for over an hour. I was mainly hitting hybrids to figure out what I wanted at the 5H spot. I basically need a distance gap to fill, so am looking for something pretty specific instead of a club that goes the furthest. More of an iron replacement. I also hit a few drivers just to try them out and see how they felt. Finally, I hit the new Heavenwood against my V-series to see what differences there were. Essentially, the new HW is longer, about 8-12 years on average. It is also slightly more forgiving on mis-hits, so I will get one at some point.

As for hybrids, the G30 and XR Pro stood out. While the XR Pro does not have a 5, the 4H may work in that spot anyways. That club is a lot more forgiving than it looks. But the G30 was fairly easy to hit as well. I'm not doing anything until the Apex comes out, but I'm realizing it's a vital club in my set up so want to make sure I make the right pick.
What distance are you looking to fill? Just curious.

Tested some clubs today with Maddog and then went and tested some more before playing 9. He was hitting the M1 and GBB very well. Much better than his current gamer. I just squeaked out a victory on him in a little straight up match play. I got up big and early with some decent golf but then fell apart midway through to let him battle back but closed him out on 9 with a very well played hole! And he actually wore slacks today!

bd14cd8bd4d252e090d4dbb422f8b57d.jpg

2f8a83858fdf99d92be4057fb8dfe705.jpg

What distance are you looking to fill? Just curious.

175. It's the club between my irons and 3H/Heavenwood, so it has to go further than my 6i but is no use to me if it goes as far as or close to my 3H/HW. And it has to be real good at getting out of the rough for me. I could go with my 5i, but I like having a hybo at that spot for more comfort.

Tested some clubs today with Maddog and then went and tested some more before playing 9. He was hitting the M1 and GBB very well. Much better than his current gamer. I just squeaked out a victory on him in a little straight up match play. I got up big and early with some decent golf but then fell apart midway through to let him battle back but closed him out on 9 with a very well played hole! And he actually wore slacks today!

bd14cd8bd4d252e090d4dbb422f8b57d.jpg

2f8a83858fdf99d92be4057fb8dfe705.jpg

Slacks for fall golf instead of jeans? Never thought I'd see the day :) Looking good, Mike!

Chipped some golf balls around the back yard with my 3 year old son today. We even hit some out of his sandbox. Not the same as range or course time, but love spending time with my bud!

Drew a line across my golf balls for putting and aiming. Tournament tomorrow...

Wait until you see my green udesign 816 at the end of that yellow hzrdus!!!
Will that be the club you always play on masters weekend :)

Sent from my VS986 using Tapatalk

Bad rain today in Northwest Florida so between showers I chipped around the yard some.

Sent from my SM-N900V using Tapatalk

tried out the M1 and the great big bertha drivers, also a ping g 30, on sunday, hit about 120 balls, all drivers were nice. my fav was the M1 followed very closely by the GBB. when I put a good swing on either driver it did not matter, the ball jumped off the face and had very nice ball flights and both drivers carried around 245-250 yards. it seemed that my misses were a little better with the M1 driver. I could see my self gaming either driver. I will needed to do more research and hit more balls before I put the trigger on a new driver. one thing I did figure out is what shaft I will be using. 60 grams, stiff with a mid to high kick point and low to mid torque point.

tried out the M1 and the great big bertha drivers, also a ping g 30, on sunday, hit about 120 balls, all drivers were nice. my fav was the M1 followed very closely by the GBB. when I put a good swing on either driver it did not matter, the ball jumped off the face and had very nice ball flights and both drivers carried around 245-250 yards. it seemed that my misses were a little better with the M1 driver. I could see my self gaming either driver. I will needed to do more research and hit more balls before I put the trigger on a new driver. one thing I did figure out is what shaft I will be using. 60 grams, stiff with a mid to high kick point and low to mid torque point.
If you haven't tried the B'stone J815, I think you would like it.

I golfed today.
I believe that I have some irons waiting for me at the house.

Played a horrendous round at Bayonet and Black Horse today :banghead:

Thp'd, that counts right?

Spoke with Callaway CS and hopefully my CF16'S will be shipping today. Also made a time for a round Friday with a couple of local THPers

Got out and played nine today. First real round in a while. Felt good to be out there again

Winter is coming. 40s for high temps and the snowline is working down from the high country. Real golf for me is pretty much done for the season. Staying fit for skiing and then golfing next spring is the focus for now. On the trail today:

IMG_0537.medium.jpg

Played 18 (poorly).
New golf shoes were delivered, so I tried them on.
Also started a book about putting, hope it helps.
And THP'ed - lots going on today on the forum!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back