2015 Fitness and Working Out Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
The muscles in the front of your shin are responsible for picking your toe, closing your ankle angle.

It may be sore from over use. How much running are you doing?

Ice and compression.
I do absolutely zero cardio lol maybe I'm too far forward or something pretty stress on it?

I do absolutely zero cardio lol maybe I'm too far forward or something pretty stress on it?
The goofy thing is that squats and deads put very little stress in your anterior calf. Have you done any other activity?

The goofy thing is that squats and deads put very little stress in your anterior calf. Have you done any other activity?
Not anything out of the ordinary. I was thinking maybe it's just the new shoes or maybe im putting too much weight forward on my toes or something

Not anything out of the ordinary. I was thinking maybe it's just the new shoes or maybe im putting too much weight forward on my toes or something
It may be the new shoes. Nothing I would be worries about honestly.

It may be the new shoes. Nothing I would be worries about honestly.
K, just wanted to mention it. Its only my left shin which is weird but maybe ive been favoring it or something. Its definitely in a very specific spot on my shin so im pretty sure that's what it is. Ill ice it and maybe just bench next time to give it a few days rest.

Family bike ride tonight before dinner. Pulling an extra 100 lbs up some hills showed me squats have been working.

Another workout this morning with fitness instructor. First half of the workout was strictly cardio going through several exercises including cone drills.

When then move to 180 degree jumps working on stability and generating power with lower body. The jumps started out seeing how many we could do in a 30 second timeframe.

After a couple of sets, we added FMT tubing that wrapped around our waste and Mike holding on to the other end. The first jump was met with the resistance of the tubing and the jump back was with the assistance of tubing. We did several steps.

We did stork stretches in which we held a pole out in front of us, one leg up in the air tucked behind the other. Facing the pole and keeping the upper body still, twisted the hips away from leg in the air. It was a tough stretch.

Working on stability again, we had a little fun doing one legged football tosses.

We then moved to upper body stengthening holding a cowbell upside down at a 90 degree angle with one hand directly in front of body and above shoulder height. We have to walk the length of the parking lot, roughly a 75 yard walk.

We ended the day with medicine ball tooses the length of the gym, lying on the ground and doing a sit up. Started with a 8 lb ball and then moved to a 4 lb ball. I was tossing the 4 lb ball over my workout partner's head. Thankfully Mike was behind him or it could have meant taking a window.

K, just wanted to mention it. Its only my left shin which is weird but maybe ive been favoring it or something. Its definitely in a very specific spot on my shin so im pretty sure that's what it is. Ill ice it and maybe just bench next time to give it a few days rest.
You drive an automatic, right? ;)

You drive an automatic, right? ;)
Haha I've owned manuals my whole life but my current car has paddle shifters. My leg is thanking me

Haha I've owned manuals my whole life but my current car has paddle shifters. My leg is thanking me
That's my guess as to why only your left shin is sore. ;)

Volume bench tonight. I'm going to do some light assistance lifts after. probably seated dumbbell shoulder presses and lying tricep extensions.

Squats, bench and dl's tonight. Very good session. 2nd time using my new belt and love it. A little bit of cardio tomorrow

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Squats, bench and dl's tonight. Very good session. 2nd time using my new belt and love it. A little bit of cardio tomorrow

How are the squats going?

Another 2 mile run in the books. 16:02 total time. I think when I get to 7:30 miles I may start adding 1/2 mile increments to the run. Only up to 3 miles though. I really don't enjoy running that much, but love how I feel afterwards.

A great workout tonight. Had another run at the agility ladders and I am seeing clear improvement with them. Footwork is getting better and picking up speed through drills.

Instructor had us throw elastic bands around our knees and then go through the same drills. The glutes were officially activated.

We then moved to load and explode 180 jumps on to a raised platform going from both sides.

Then we did a drill where we were in our 5 iron position, then pulling a weighted sled across the gym staying in the stance keeping our lower body still. Once we got it to us, we pushed it back.

Last drill of the night was balance drills in rings, alternating one leg in the air and even leading to us jumping on one foot, maintaining our balance. I need some work on these.

We worked hard, but it was a lot of fun.

Last edited:
Today's workout: Pick a number of pull ups...in my case, 55.

Do max pull ups, then 20 push ups. Repeat until you hit your target number of pull ups. Sadly, it took me 120 push ups.

Today's workout: Pick a number of pull ups...in my case, 55.

Do max pull ups, then 20 push ups. Repeat until you hit your target number of pull ups. Sadly, it took me 120 push ups.
Did you blow your...WOD...

:rofl:

How are the squats going?

I think they are going well. I will post a video tonight or tomorrow so you can take a look

My squat thought for the week: KEEP THAT UPPER BACK TIGHT!!!

My squat thought for the week: KEEP THAT UPPER BACK TIGHT!!!
Narrow hands (for you), high elbows, straight wrists. It's amazing how it works.

Question for you guys, I'm looking to get back on the healthy eating bandwagon and am looking for some type of blender/smoothie appliance to help in the morning. I have a regular blender, but its a hassle and I'd love to be able to take the container with me to work. Any reviews on the Magic Bullet, NutriBullet or any other similar type appliance?

Question for you guys, I'm looking to get back on the healthy eating bandwagon and am looking for some type of blender/smoothie appliance to help in the morning. I have a regular blender, but its a hassle and I'd love to be able to take the container with me to work. Any reviews on the Magic Bullet, NutriBullet or any other similar type appliance?
I have a bullet and use it everyday, it's very convenient. I like that I can blend right in the glass I use.

Good day for presses.

Wasn't really feeling it at the gym today. Was pressed for time so couldn't have gotten my full workout in anyway, but hit 3x5 on squats, and then worked up to my work sets on bench, got 2 of them done and quit on the 3rd. My abductors were sore from squats, I was getting a headache, and my left trap and right hip were sore from bench, and I just decided to call it a day. The strange thing on bench is the last warmup set at the weight I did last week felt very strong and good form, but my first work set I felt a sharp pain in my right hip half way through, but got through the set, and then my left trap started hurting (impingement?). Even without completing the full workout, it still felt like very productive time in the gym.

Also, I feel like my workouts are taking a lot longer now, I was at nearly an hour with 2 exercises including warmups, how long does it take you guys for a typical workout? Per SS, I'm doing 6 warmup sets and 3 work sets each on most lifts.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back