What's more satisfying, GIR or FIR?

GIR, the more the merrier. If GIRS are up, the scores are down. Overall though, the more fairways I hit the more greens I hit. Harder to get greens from recovery shots or rough.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk

Sign me up as another in the GIR category. I like long straight drives as much as the next guy, but a missed fairway often still gives me a chance to hit the green and have a birdie putt. If I miss the green on the other hand, there is no chance at all for a birdie putt. So I'm with t4k - give me no fairways and 18 greens every time out.

Definitely greens for me. Hitting a fairway still gives me ample opportunity to screw up royally. At least with a GIR even a three putt gets me a bogey. A bogey for me is a pretty decent hole.

GIRs.

Usually means I'll have a better score

GIR. All. Day. Long. It also sounds awesome when you say it that way.

GIR for me,can always make a way to the green for the rough. In conjuction that will lower my scores

Sent from my SM-G900W8 using Tapatalk

Most courses around here - if you aren't finding the fairway off the tee, you probably aren't finding your ball. If you do find the ball, you're probably behind a giant evergreen tree or in 16" fescue crap. So I will have to say FIR takes my vote 'round these parts....since it WILL determine your GIR's

Gotta be GIR for me. That's more satisfying. Knowing I'm improving and not dependent on wedge play just off the green all the time.

@bigtazzGOLF
Sent from Big Orange country
using Tapatalk #GoVols

GIR. That means a less than accurate tee shot didn't hurt you much.

Of course there is always the point that sometimes I prefer a chip over a long putt which happened the last time I played. Par 3, made the green but was left with a 90 foot putt. Ended up three putting that one.

GIR always...It's one thing that holds back my chances to score.

Definitely a GIR. It means I have a chance to putt for par.

There have been plenty of times I've had a chance at a GIR without making a FIR on the hole, but didn't hit the green. So I'm going to go with GIRs. In other words, while making a GIR from the fairway may be easier than from the rough, it's not always dependent upon where a drive ends up.

GIR it is for me, it's the most elusive

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Redundant, but GIR all day long. Though fir usually means I have a much better chance at the green.

For sure GIR. Love hitting a good drive, but a GIR more often than not means I hit more than one good shot or a really good approach shot off of a poopy drive.

GIR for sure, better chance for birds.

GIR. Hands down every time 365 days a year.

I'll take a drive in the rough any time if I knew it would give me the best chance at hitting the green.

GIR without a doubt. I've played many bad rounds where I've hit a lot of fairways and many good rounds where I couldn't buy a fairway but found greens. Scoring comes from birdie opportunities can't have em without being on in regulation.

gir all day, when I am hot with the flat stick I always believe I have a chance at birdie....no matter how long a putt

GIR for me. I'd take missing EVERY fairway in exchange for hitting every GREEN! Means I have a birdie chance on every hole!

When you get down to it, if you are GIR all the time you can't help but score reasonably well. And, if you are not, you know that you better spend some time on the putting green.

Back