Golf Shaft Pondering Thread

Have always pondered a Graphite Design AD-DI for some reason even though I have never had the opportunity to hit one.
It's a great shaft but you really need to find the right weight/flex for you. I find the profile changes drastically from weight to weight and from flex to flex.

It's a great shaft but you really need to find the right weight/flex for you. I find the profile changes drastically from weight to weight and from flex to flex.
Definitely true in my experience as well. The 7 series I play now is very different from the 6.

I'm pondering going back to the Recoil line, probably the 110s or 95s. Currently playing the KBS Tour V 90 which I like but the short irons just go too high. I have previously played the Recoil 120s but they were just a little too heavy for me.

if i have the option to get fit by somebody, i would be pondering a lot of ust. vts silver in driver, vts red in fw, irod in hybo, recoil protos in irons and wedges.

if i'm fitting myself, ef red in fw, and ef black in hybo.

i'm actually really comfortable with the shafts in all my clubs right now.

ProForce V2
Slay
Coool

Recoil w/ SMACwrap for Apex Black 4i head

...and of course THCE shaft!

I know there is a lot of Evenflow love here, but they just aren't for me. If anyone is eyeing a 3w or driver pull, shoot me a line. 6.0's, which I think was my fatal error.

Haven’t pondered hard yet, but as a fan of UST Mamiya (and Danny’s efforts to promote the brand) the new V2 has definitely caught my eye. And while I don’t dislike the Rogue Black in my FW, since I’m already overwhelmingly UST in my bag, there’s a better than average chance I’ll be swapping that out at some point. Just have to figure out the specs I want and where to pick one up that’s set up with a Titleist adapter. (My local GG seriously botched an adapter install on my Elements Chrome—Danny fixed it!—and there’s no one else locally I know and trust.)

I was pondering a 70 gram shaft in my 3 wood as I’ve always played 80 gram shafts in a 3 wood. I was considering the Aldila Rogue Silver 70x, the UST VTS Silver 7F5, and the UST VTS Black 7F5.

I went ahead and bought the Rogue Silver for both driver and 3 wood to try for a while. I’ve only hit my driver with one and prefer it to my previous Matrix Black Tie 7M3 X shaft.

I was pondering a 70 gram shaft in my 3 wood as I’ve always played 80 gram shafts in a 3 wood. I was considering the Aldila Rogue Silver 70x, the UST VTS Silver 7F5, and the UST VTS Black 7F5.

I went ahead and bought the Rogue Silver for both driver and 3 wood to try for a while. I’ve only hit my driver with one and prefer it to my previous Matrix Black Tie 7M3 X shaft.
I play 70s in my 3/4 and then 80s in the 5/7.

Actually just installed a VTS Silver 7X TourSPX into the Rogue 15 and have it curing!

Even flow blue or black 6.5...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I play 70s in my 3/4 and then 80s in the 5/7.

Actually just installed a VTS Silver 7X TourSPX into the Rogue 15 and have it curing!

I experimented with the Red and Black 8x shafts in my 3 wood and found the red too loose and lost too much distance out of the black. Silver in 8x probably would have been good, but I didn’t have access to one.

The black in 7 is a little softer so I thought it might work, but would have to experiment some.

Was combing the bay a little while ago and ran across a Matrix Reign Black G-60T that has been my gamer for the past 2.5 years. Ponder engaged to pick it up as there is a good chance I will never see another uncut one at a reasonable price. Would love to get my hands on a stiff G-60B to compare it to the T but that may be asking a little too much seeing as where I am not forking over $450 for one.

I experimented with the Red and Black 8x shafts in my 3 wood and found the red too loose and lost too much distance out of the black. Silver in 8x probably would have been good, but I didn’t have access to one.

The black in 7 is a little softer so I thought it might work, but would have to experiment some.

It'll be a fun one to mess with, particularly in the Rogue head. Its been a minute since I've played the VTS, so I'm excited to give one a run in a fairway once again.

I missed club work.

Just installed....

UST Mamiya VTS Silver TourSPX 7F5 into a Rogue SZ 15*
Miyazaki Kusala White 7X into a Tour Edge Exotics CBX 16.5*
Graphite Design AD-TP 8X into a Tour Edge Exotics EX10 18*

And, put Cobra driver tips on two 2018 UST Mamiya V2's (6F4 and 6F5) which will play to 44.75"

I missed club work.

Just installed....

UST Mamiya VTS Silver TourSPX 7F5 into a Rogue SZ 15*
Miyazaki Kusala White 7X into a Tour Edge Exotics CBX 16.5*
Graphite Design AD-TP 8X into a Tour Edge Exotics EX10 18*

And, put Cobra driver tips on two 2018 UST Mamiya V2's (6F4 and 6F5) which will play to 44.75"

I was trying to single out one or two of these pairings that has me intrigued, but I can't. These are ALL phenomenal!

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

I know there is a lot of Evenflow love here, but they just aren't for me. If anyone is eyeing a 3w or driver pull, shoot me a line. 6.0's, which I think was my fatal error.

my thce16 shaft is pretty much an ef blue with a little stiffer butt section. and i’ve hit a blue in somebody’s driver and loved it.

but the hzrdus lineup is something i didn’t particularly care for.

just funny how different people react to shafts differently, even on a subconscious level. it’s why shaft reviews are so difficult.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

evenflow red and project X LZ 105.

Proforce V2 tour 6F4 just because. Also curious how the regular V2 6F4 compares to the EF blue in your F8. I'm one round in with my F8 tour length with EF blue 65 and saw promising results. I just enjoy tinkering with driver shafts.

Synergy black tour proto 65tx or 70tx.

Chasing that sub 2k spin

I'm pondering a Proforce V2 for the Rogue hybrid I just ordered. I've been using a Recoil 110 Proto as a hybrid shaft but I'm considering trying something designed for hybrids in the 90-100g class.

Cheap ponder, bordering on no-brainer.

I have my own cheap ponder almost no-brainer in a 6F5 Proforce V2. Plus I’m always out hunting for an M5 Black Tie.

Of course I wouldn’t be averse to rolling my own in the literal sense at THCE. I see you DB!

Just grabbed an Accra Tour Z CB 55 M5.
Curious as to how it performs versus my trusty old Dymatch 2.0 MT 50.

The NV 75 weighs about 78g and the CB 55 M5 weighs about 63g. Was hoping to get a bit closer to the 65-68g level but I'm not a pro so I doubt I will notice any difference.

These are all built as of this morning:

Callaway Rogue SZ 15* w/ UST Mamiya VTS Silver 7X

DSC_0174-XL.jpg

DSC_0175-XL.jpg

Tour Edge Exotics CBX 16.5 w/ Miyazaki Kusala White 72X

DSC_0169-XL.jpg

DSC_0170-XL.jpg

DSC_0171-XL.jpg

Tour Edge Exotics EX10 18* w/ Graphite Design AD-TP 8X

DSC_0172-XL.jpg

DSC_0173-XL.jpg

These are all built as of this morning:

Callaway Rogue SZ 15* w/ UST Mamiya VTS Silver 7X

DSC_0174-XL.jpg

DSC_0175-XL.jpg

Tour Edge Exotics CBX 16.5 w/ Miyazaki Kusala White 72X

DSC_0169-XL.jpg

DSC_0170-XL.jpg

DSC_0171-XL.jpg

Tour Edge Exotics EX10 18* w/ Graphite Design AD-TP 8X

DSC_0172-XL.jpg

DSC_0173-XL.jpg

I can't even look at those, they are too mind-blowingly awesome. A tad partial to the Rogue/VTS combo, but DAMN those ALL came out great.

I really like the way those TourSPX shafts look. Really, most of what UST put's out looks really great.

ETA - I think I was excessive in the use of the word really.

Last edited:
For a long time for the driver I have been pondering hzrdus red in the 62G weight.

Back