Golf Shaft Pondering Thread

Wanting to replace the std shaft I have in the epic driver.......looking for low-mid launch x-stiff 65-70g.......any solid recommendations?

HZRDUS Yellow?

I think I'm always shaft pondering in the woods category...

Driver: Atmos Blue, Evenflow Black, Fuel (darn fit-for-me shaft just won't give up), Evenflow Blue... (I have the first 3 already)
3W: Code 8, Blueboard 80, Chrome Elements 7F4, Fuel (see comment under driver), Atmos Blue, Evenflow Blue (I have the first 4 already)

55 03 (Regular Flex) in the Driver
65 03 (Regular Flex) in the Fairway Woods
I have the same shaft in my driver, but I tipped it 1". I talked to Victor at VA Shafts. He said tipping it 1" would make it comparable to the stiff shaft.

Sent from my LG-H910 using Tapatalk

I am going to be picking up a Accra TourZ Extreme shaft for my driver. Hit one this past weekend and it is such a smooth stable shaft. Picked up 11 mph ball speed and almost 20 yds carry with my driver head versus my current shaft.

Really interested in the even flow for my Epic. I went with the hazardous on my Cleveland (dream setup) driver, that was the other ProjectX I was interested in.

I am going to be picking up a Accra TourZ Extreme shaft for my driver. Hit one this past weekend and it is such a smooth stable shaft. Picked up 11 mph ball speed and almost 20 yds carry with my driver head versus my current shaft.

That is crazy dude! Gotta be nice to see that kind of an improvement from a shaft change. Was the Accra a similar weight or did you go up or down any?

Wow, can't wait to see that distance pickup in person.

That is crazy dude! Gotta be nice to see that kind of an improvement from a shaft change. Was the Accra a similar weight or did you go up or down any?
Simillar weight around 65 grams

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Wow, can't wait to see that distance pickup in person.
As soon as Ohio drys out will have to make that happen

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Yeah that sounds like a winner

Really want a 90g driver shaft but can’t seem to find one

Sent from HTX

Sent from HTX

I just saw on another website someone posted a 95 gram T1100 6.5 for sale if you are feeling strong

Sent from HTX

Find a UST Proforce V2 8F5 or 9F5, really reasonably priced experiment.

After some top golf this weekend I've got the HZRDUS Yellow in the Rogue right now, but still need to get some range time to make sure the numbers match my visual assessment. It and the Synergy were real close, but I love the feel of the HZRDUS, so I want to make sure it's not just my brain going with (aftermarket) vanity or the more familiar entity.

Also have a Red still waiting to be tipped & a Chrome with a cog-less adapter on it... Adapters inbound for them as well as the shootout continues.

I go for a Iron shaft "Review" on Wednesday.
Currently have the Syngery 60R shafts in my Rogue X irons.

Fitter and my swing coach would like to see me in a heavier shaft (i.e. 95 SteelFibers) to help with my tempo.
Club gets light, I get aggressive and come over the top.

Honestly, I really like the 110's KBS R Flex that are in my Wedges. I think I could play them in my irons.

Fitter and my swing coach would like to see me in a heavier shaft (i.e. 95 SteelFibers) to help with my tempo.

Honestly, I really like the 110's KBS R Flex that are in my Wedges. I think I could play them in my irons.

Re-fitting the whole bag?

Pondering an EvenFlow Blue or a Evolution II 569 for the G400.

Both are smooth, so trying to decide if I want to go a little lighter weight with the 569.

Re-fitting the whole bag?

I'm calling it "Tweaking" because it's not changing heads.
I see it as an opportunity to really getting it dialed in with good equipment as a basis.
Don't get that chance that often.

Pondering an EvenFlow Blue or a Evolution II 569 for the G400.

Both are smooth, so trying to decide if I want to go a little lighter weight with the 569.

I have an evenflow pull just sitting....

I'm calling it "Tweaking" because it's not changing heads.
I see it as an opportunity to really getting it dialed in with good equipment as a basis.
Don't get that chance that often.

Very interesting.

was this mentioned during your Grandaddy fitting? Gotta think those guys know a thing or two about perfect fit

was this mentioned during your Grandaddy fitting? Gotta think those guys know a thing or two about perfect fit

Nope - There is no finger pointing here, if it there was, it would be at myself.
It's my responsibility to make sure that I agree the fitting is correct.

Also, previous irons were 20 grams heavier than Rogue X, so "overswing" might not have shown up before I went to the GD.
Every change brings cause and effect that doesn't always surface in an hour.

I just ordered a Graphite Design tour AD IZ 5 shaft of ebay, new for $250. been playing AD TP 6 but wanted to try a light weight shaft. Should be here Monday...

V2 tour 6F4 or 7F4 in my F8 driver

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

Going to go with a G400 driver this year and debating between the Tour 80 or HZRDUS Yellow...

Thought the V2’s intrigue me too.

Too many options!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Back