Golf Shaft Pondering Thread

Jman

Golf Scrivener
Albatross 2024 Club
Staff member
Reaction score
Handicap
Had to throw the "golf" in there for all you dirty minds. HA!

This might be fun though, whats your golf shaft ponder right now?

UST ProForce V2 5F4, want to try it in the driver (currently testing 6F4 but a little short).

I've really been thinking about trying a VA Composites Slay this year

Custom Handcrafted 1 of 1.
One of these years I will get to do one.

Well played. Can I change my answer? LOL

• Staff

I was about to post in here about one of those. Not making my own, because I think my ship sailed on that when I had to drop out of year 1 (UGH!), but I have the extra that was made for Kevin and it fits me so silly well.

I ponder the UST lineup quite often. I've just never spent any real time with their offerings and I'd like to.
Specifically the Elements Chrome has always intrigued me.

• Staff
I ponder the UST lineup quite often. I've just never spent any real time with their offerings and I'd like to.
Specifically the Elements Chrome has always intrigued me.

Really really good one. Its one I still have from the review and plug in from time to time.

I'm pondering a Proforce V2 for the Rogue hybrid I just ordered. I've been using a Recoil 110 Proto as a hybrid shaft but I'm considering trying something designed for hybrids in the 90-100g class.

Interesting responses so far. I want to do something about that Rogue Max in my EX10 Beta, so I want to learn more about the Kuro Kage Silver TiNi, because I like the Black in my driver, as well as the Evenflow Blue and Elements Chrome.

I'm pondering a Proforce V2 for the Rogue hybrid I just ordered. I've been using a Recoil 110 Proto as a hybrid shaft but I'm considering trying something designed for hybrids in the 90-100g class.

VTS Silver!

I’ve got a custom order of UST Proto F5s coming so I’m excited and pondering them

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

I was about to post in here about one of those. Not making my own, because I think my ship sailed on that when I had to drop out of year 1 (UGH!), but I have the extra that was made for Kevin and it fits me so silly well.

Was going to ask if you still had that shaft. Not sure I have a ponder at the moment, but have a full bag fitting at Club Champion next week. It will be interesting to see what shafts I get fit into.

VTS Silver!

That one is definitely on the table, I've always wanted to put a VTS in play. Might run that by Master Le...:D

That one is definitely on the table, I've always wanted to put a VTS in play. Might run that by Master Le...:D

The iRoD is effing fantastic too!

Was going to ask if you still had that shaft. Not sure I have a ponder at the moment, but have a full bag fitting at Club Champion next week. It will be interesting to see what shafts I get fit into.

Yep, took the Epic out on Friday on a whim and had forgotten that shaft was in it, was hitting 164 ball speed and almost 12* launch. Thing is, I've already changed the adapter once from the TM one, so I'm hesitant to do it again, which sucks, because I would LOVE to hit it in the F8 or the G400.

Yep, took the Epic out on Friday on a whim and had forgotten that shaft was in it, was hitting 164 ball speed and almost 12* launch. Thing is, I've already changed the adapter once from the TM one, so I'm hesitant to do it again, which sucks, because I would LOVE to hit it in the F8 or the G400.

I guess then you will have to try it in a Rouge.

#supershaft

Have always pondered a Graphite Design AD-DI for some reason even though I have never had the opportunity to hit one.

Attas coool or EF red in 3w

Other than a 1 of 1 shaft, cause why freakin not.. I got nothin. I like all of mine. Take that, pondering thread!

VTS Silver in my hybrids. The Coool shaft in my Driver. The Even Flow Blue in my Rogue 3+ wood.
I have them, just haven't been able to use them yet. Arkansas is calling my name.

I have to go with JB and Mward and say the 1of 1, how could anything else compare?
Just to be in the same room with a guy that gets creeped out by c.a. paperpusher is a thrill.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

A THCE custom shaft is my primary ponder so fingers crossed on that one!

The only other shafts I’d consider tinkering with are my hybrid shafts, especially for my 3H. I think I could benefit by getting something higher launching in it. The ProForce V2s are hard to ignore at that insane price point!

Back