Official Equipment Pondering Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Not an equipment ponder but pondering how I'm going to get to as many THP events in 2016. So many teasers, so little time!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Not an equipment ponder but pondering how I'm going to get to as many THP events in 2016. So many teasers, so little time!

I am in the same boat. Really just need more info to start planning lol.

Doing some research, the M1 and r15 are compared head to head and it's interesting to see the results favor the M1 by a large margin. From someone who actually gamed a SLDR for a long time, I saw a huge jump as well.

I think both are terrific options though. I have two drivers now I'm happy with, do the m1 will have to wait to get in my bag,
I have found the same in looking around the interwebs. Never gamed an SLDR, didn't like it, but I've got positive impressions of both the R15 and M1. Just kinda want to do the head to head and see if the M1 is worth the extra cash.

I'm not even really committed to buying either one, but it's a lot easier to pull the trigger on an R15 right now if it compares favorably. Particularly since I'd only need a head and could just re tip my raw PX Handcrafted (true of the M1 too, but still).

Sent from my SM-G920P using Tapatalk

I'm not even really committed to buying either one, but it's a lot easier to pull the trigger on an R15 right now if it compares favorably.

I'm in the same boat, as I have a Diamana Ka'li I'd love to put an R 15 or M1 in and see how it holds up to my current drivers. The R15 heads are so cheap now so I'd love to try it, but will be holding out for the M1 after seeing what it's capable of first hand.

But if I was looking for a solid cheap driver right now, I think the R 15 would be it and I'd be very happy with it.

GBB ponder is top of the list right now. Hit a combo that blew my mind in terms of launch, spin and roll.

GBB ponder is top of the list right now. Hit a combo that blew my mind in terms of launch, spin and roll.

Such a great driver. I thought the bba815 was the end all be all, then this one comes along and delivers better numbers all around. I'm anxious to see how the fitting in December helps me unlock better numbers.

Such a great driver. I thought the bba815 was the end all be all, then this one comes along and delivers better numbers all around. I'm anxious to see how the fitting in December helps me unlock better numbers.

I agree. I was bombing my M1 all day but out of curiosity I tried my buddy's GBB and it felt great. I have demoed the heck of it before but the combo he had felt great and it was the ladies version too so the color way was different as well but same great feeling.

Doing some research, the M1 and r15 are compared head to head and it's interesting to see the results favor the M1 by a large margin. From someone who actually gamed a SLDR for a long time, I saw a huge jump as well.

I think both are terrific options though. I have two drivers now I'm happy with, do the m1 will have to wait to get in my bag,

I guess I have a different perspective after spending 5 hours talking to the guy who designed it.

I guess I have a different perspective after spending 5 hours talking to the guy who designed it.

What's your perspective?

I agree. I was bombing my M1 all day but out of curiosity I tried my buddy's GBB and it felt great. I have demoed the heck of it before but the combo he had felt great and it was the ladies version too so the color way was different as well but same great feeling.

That happened to me in CA thanks to Awkward Silence. Now I'm piecing together his set up as close as I can get it.

What's your perspective?

From a raw numbers perspective they are virtually identical. I realize this is robot testing and each persons swing is subjective but numbers don't lie.

Official Equipment Pondering Thread

Saw this today vs my gamer!
8dc4e8428bfaec8c25fc1f352ac72ba5.jpg

70e9d24fa7bf0a3d8d7ddaca90062201.jpg

ac2bddb17f252674d5ee673d99b576d0.jpg

Saw this today vs my gamer!
03d24487b1f4c8bec732f2a20ca6581f.jpg
68d1dbd5e88200b3e298c3bdaba15ddf.jpg
27e3a46efa950f85e9166df628cd056c.jpg

I saw that on Twitter while I was on the course. That's some impressive numbers you're putting up. I'd be happy with your gamer numbers. Think you'll make the switch?

Wait, the guy who designed it told you the numbers on robot testing were the same between the M1 and R15 or was that testing from something else? Can you post the numbers if you have them? Did the guy who designed the club admit they were the same club or did he say there were any differences?

Personally they seem much different to me and there is testing else where that shows differences as well. I'm wondering what's similar because if I'm able to get out of the R15 what I saw from the M1, I'd be stoked.

Wait, the guy who designed it told you the numbers on robot testing were the same between the M1 and R15 or was that testing from something else? Can you post the numbers if you have them? Did the guy who designed the club admit they were the same club or did he say there were any differences?

Personally they seem much different to me and there is testing else where that shows differences as well. I'm wondering what's similar because if I'm able to get out of the R15 what I saw from the M1, I'd be stoked.

And that's fine that it seems much different to you. I am certainly an advocate for playing what works for you and I know that numbers vary wildly from swing to swing. I just don't jive well with definitive statements because every person is different.

I saw that on Twitter while I was on the course. That's some impressive numbers you're putting up. I'd be happy with your gamer numbers. Think you'll make the switch?

Not at this point, I can't afford it! The dispersion was still much better with mine and I'd really have to get a fitting with a monitor and cart with X flex options to really see. Seven yards of carry is substantial, and I hate to "leave them behind"! A little more spin and an X flex could help the direction, but that may just put it back closer to mine and not be a big difference. Surprised me though!!!!

I have found the same in looking around the interwebs. Never gamed an SLDR, didn't like it, but I've got positive impressions of both the R15 and M1. Just kinda want to do the head to head and see if the M1 is worth the extra cash.

I'm not even really committed to buying either one, but it's a lot easier to pull the trigger on an R15 right now if it compares favorably. Particularly since I'd only need a head and could just re tip my raw PX Handcrafted (true of the M1 too, but still).

I had a solid maiden voyage with the R15, but the jury will be out for a while. I'm getting a flight better than anything I've ever had before with the head at 14-16* but this head seems to be able to handle the extra loft without getting too spinny.

I'll give the M1 a try one day, but for now I'm happy with what the high lofted R15 offers.

And that's fine that it seems much different to you. I am certainly an advocate for playing what works for you and I know that numbers vary wildly from swing to swing. I just don't jive well with definitive statements because every person is different.

I tried to qualify that I was giving a personal perspective, but if it seemed some where I was getting definitive it's not what I wanted.

But I'm interested in what the guy who designed the club discussed during those 5 hours. Did he say they were the same club? Did he talk about this robot testing? Who is he or she anyways? Like I said, if I can get out of the R 15 what I saw of the M1, that is huge.

I gamed the r15 10.5 with speeder 757 ts x flex for a while. I saw great launch and carry but very little roll. Perhaps spinning it more than I do other setups. M1 10.5 with Kuro kage tini 60g stiff, I got similar launch but more distance (carry included). Most of it was probably due to less shaft weight allowing for faster swing, but I definitely spun m1 less. That's with weight all the way back ( all +300 rpm lol)

Pondering a Daimana 62g D+ driver shaft. Ive got one in my Bio Cell that my dad is borrowing and think its a great shaft, its from a Titleist club. I think the Speeder may be a touch light as im used to the Daimana, either that or the Daimana just fits me better.

I wish there was a non black version the King Irons.

I wish there was a non black version the King Irons.

Have you looked at the other set? Tec? A little bigger, but still really solid and good looking.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back