What's the best way to book a golf vacation?

Henryb

Reaction score
Handicap
Hi everyone, me and some friends want to go on our first golf vacation somewhere in America so I was wondering what website is best to use to book it? I am doing my own research as well but I am struggling to find a simple way to do it.

Any help or guidance would be really appreciated.

Thanks,
Henry

http://www.golfvacations.com/

I do find that when trying to book through a service like the above, it can end up more expensive than if you look around for your own deals but if you don't mind paying extra for the convenience, it might be worth your while.

I am part of a group of guys (8-12) that go on a golf trip every year and we've been doing it for 14 years.
Only once did we use a service. We always rent a house so we don't bother close neighbors with our late night poker playing.
We are all scattered across the west coast, so each guy is responsible for his own flight.
The house and tee time arrangements are booked by my brother and then we all pay him.
We discuss where we want to go and then when a destination is chosen, the course search begins and we all help decide what courses to play.
It has worked well for the 14 years and we will be deciding in the next couple of months, where to go in 2016.

Three words.
Pinehurst.
Bandon.
LaQuinta.
Ok, maybe four. Search those golf resorts, they will have all the info you need. Some pretty god deals at Pinehurst.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I say get personal. Call the courses and hotels in the area and work with them directly. It might be more work, maybe, but you're paying that company to do that job for you. I guess it depends on if your time on the phone and on email is worth it or not. Just use leverage by promising so many slots, times, reservations, whatever and see what rates you can get. Find a nice hotel with a course or that works with a local course or two and see if they can work a deal that way.

Back