The Official 2015 MLB Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
I thought Kang was an OF and was sort of expecting the Dodgers to be in the mix. Wow, very surprising to see it was the Twins.

Kang was signed last year and plays MIF or 3B. Park, who was just signed, is a 1B.

Griffey JR and Trevor Hoffman highlight the newest group of former players eligible for HOF voting.

Griffey will be a no brainer. I wonder about Hoffman as voters have been tough on closers (Lee Smith for example)

Griffey JR and Trevor Hoffman highlight the newest group of former players eligible for HOF voting.

Griffey will be a no brainer. I wonder about Hoffman as voters have been tough on closers (Lee Smith for example)

THoff should be a first ballot, but I don't think he will be. He will get in at some point though

THoff should be a first ballot, but I don't think he will be. He will get in at some point though

yeah the games they play voting wise is crazy.

Read a few places they think this is the year for Piazza and Bagwell

I really hope Piazza gets in. He's well overdue.

Great job by the Twins for ponying up the high bid.

Griffey and Hoffman will be slam dunk HOFers. Like others have said, Hoffman probably not first ballot though.

Kang was signed last year and plays MIF or 3B. Park, who was just signed, is a 1B.

My bad - I'm familiar with the players, just transposed their names. Good get for the Twins. I wonder what they do now that they'll have 4 guys (Park, Maur, Plouffe, Sano) that play the same 2 positions. Maybe 2 of them go to corner OF spots??? It's a shame they can't get out of that Mauer contract.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

My bad - I'm familiar with the players, just transposed their names. Good get for the Twins. I wonder what they do now that they'll have 4 guys (Park, Maur, Plouffe, Sano) that play the same 2 positions. Maybe 2 of them go to corner OF spots??? It's a shame they can't get out of that Mauer contract.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Plouffe would be an intriguing trade piece. He is in arbitration so his salary is only going to get higher. The Mauer contract is just dead $ at this point.

Plouffe will be gone. I thought the Twins were doing the due diligence on Park and not pull the trigger like normal but it sounds like the Pohlad family is willing and eager to spend some money and build around the solid core they have to contend now. Sounds like Morneau wants to come back too put I can't see the fit now.

Never understood the mentality of some of the writers. Either the guy is a HOfer or not. His numbers don't change from year one until the final year. I don't like the voting process at all.

Aside from the Royals winning the title, this may have been my favorite part of this year's World Series.

What good is a Gold Glove award if you don't give it to the best defensive players? There is no way Brandon Crawford is a better defensive SS than Andrelton Simmons.

But in order to see that, you'd have to watch the 2015 Atlanta Braves and I wouldn't have wished that on anyone.

What good is a Gold Glove award if you don't give it to the best defensive players? There is no way Brandon Crawford is a better defensive SS than Andrelton Simmons.

But in order to see that, you'd have to watch the 2015 Atlanta Braves and I wouldn't have wished that on anyone.

KC had three Gold Glovers (Escobar, who was also the ALCS MVP, Perez and Hosmer) this year. And a fourth Royal (Lorenzo Cain) is an MVP finalist (he's likely finishing third). Alex Gordon's Gold Glove stock went down when he missed two months with a groin pull. Salvy and Hoz have won three straight and Esky won for the first time.

KC had three Gold Glovers (Escobar, who was also the ALCS MVP, Perez and Hosmer) this year. And a fourth Royal (Lorenzo Cain) is an MVP finalist (he's likely finishing third). Alex Gordon's Gold Glove stock went down when he missed two months with a groin pull. Salvy and Hoz have won three straight and Esky won for the first time.

I was surprised at Hosmer. He must be better than what I saw in the WS. Looking at the numbers, he's pretty average in the field, too. But it's not like there's a ton of great defensive 1Bs anyways.

I was surprised at Hosmer. He must be better than what I saw in the WS. Looking at the numbers, he's pretty average in the field, too. But it's not like there's a ton of great defensive 1Bs anyways.

He had four errors in over 1,300 chances. That's a .997 fielding percentage.

He had four errors in over 1,300 chances. That's a .997 fielding percentage.

Along with 8 others. That's not saying a lot for a first baseman.

He is a very good defensive first baseman. The best in baseball probably.

The only one that was a little suspect to me based on dWAR and the fielding bible metrics is Crawford over Simmons, but it is closer than most might think.

Bottom line, the award means very little

Big blow to Cardinals rotation. Lance Lynn to miss 2016 season with torn ACL.

Big blow to Cardinals rotation. Lance Lynn to miss 2016 season with torn ACL.

Yes it really is.. Need Lackey to accept that qualifying offer or we will be in the market for a pitcher I would imagine

It isn't an ACL though.. He got TJ so UCL

Hoping the Tigers can acquire enough talent to be relevant again.

Last season was tough.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back