RSi1,wedges worth upgrade from spdblades? "M" shafts better than "R" for 70y+?

cbill

Reaction score
Handicap
15+ / age
RSi1,wedges worth upgrade from spdblades? "M" shafts better than "R" for 70y+?

OK, I have decided to do it! I could not consistently hit my speedblade 4 iron (Senior shaft), so I purchased a RSi 1 4 iron (regular shaft) to see if I could hit it. the difference was surprising. Not only did I hit the RSi iron much more consistently; I hit it considerably further. However, the launch angle is a few degrees lower.

Now I have the question of whether I should purchase regular or senior shafts (graphite) when I buy a new set of RSi irons. At 75 years+ My swingspeed is slow, so I could use all the distance I can get, and the regular shafts seem to provide that. But if someone has experience that would assist me in this decision, I would love to hear from you.

Also, I assume my speedblade wedges would be comparable to the RSi wedges, so I do not plan to replace them unless they do not have the same swing characteristics. Anyone have any sage advice in that regard?

Now I have the question of whether I should purchase regular or senior shafts (graphite) when I buy a new set of RSi irons. At 75 years+ My swingspeed is slow, so I could use all the distance I can get, and the regular shafts seem to provide that. But if someone has experience that would assist me in this decision, I would love to hear from you.

If you have a Golfsmith or Golf Galaxy by you, I'm sure they would be able to switch out the head onto different shaft flexes for you to try out. They just did that for me with clubs I was looking to buy.

While I think there have been some awesome irons since the SpeedBlades, from quite a few different companies, I did not love the RSi line, so to me, no.

Back