Lydia Ko Brings More Changes

JB

Follow @THPGolf on Social Media
Albatross 2024 Club
Staff member
Reaction score
Another coach fired as Gary Gilchrist is added to the cast offs and Ted Oh is now in the spot.

Johnny Scott is on the bag, making him her 11th caddie.

Her team said “it’s just a normal transition and exploration that everyone does in their offseason. They’ve only been working together for one to two months. She is hoping to make a great result with them.”

Why would anyone want to work with her?

She’s made a lot of changes since her start. Seems a bit excessive to me.

11th caddie. Guess they know going in to start lining up their next gig so they are prepared when they too get cast away.

11 caddies at her age is a "normal transition"?

Sure, OK.

At some point it’s time to look in the mirror.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

A few years back it seemed like she would be a dominating force for a long long time. My how things change.

What a waste of talent.

It would be interesting to know the story form the caddie's perspective!! Something unusual there, it seems.

I remember her comments last year about having a caddie who makes the game fun again so she can laugh. What must he do, wear a clown suit?

I don't get it... I gave her a pass last year - new coach, new caddie, new clubs, and working on new swing.

That's too many changes. But she's doing it again. That's screwy and typically leads to a down year unless the coach continues with the same changes.

Not too surprised, I think caddies are just a revolving door for her and if she doesn't like the way they part their hair and her folks don't approve....adios !

Seems like a lot of changes more often in the first part of her career, I wonder if it'll help.

When is she going to just fire her team? She’s fired everyone else and it hasn’t worked..

What a waste of talent.

That is a strong comment given her age and success. I could see making that if she doesn't win for the next 5 years. After 1 bad year that seems a bit premature. Granted the changes every year are a little disconcerting. Still think it is to early to write her off.

When is she going to just fire her team? She’s fired everyone else and it hasn’t worked..

How do you fire your parents?

How do you fire your parents?

Moving in a different direction with regards to management :)

I fully expect a revolving door of new parents every few months.

That is a strong comment given her age and success. I could see making that if she doesn't win for the next 5 years. After 1 bad year that seems a bit premature. Granted the changes every year are a little disconcerting. Still think it is to early to write her off.

Agreed, 11 top 10s and 5 Top 5's. Sure it wasnt the the domination she previously saw, but 13th on the money list is highly a "waste"

Wow, that is really a lot of change since she surged onto the scene. Will be interesting to see if when more changes come through. Hopefully she can regain her winning ways as that is probably why people are lining up to get canned eventually.

Bottom continues to fall out ....

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I blame Bob Parsons.

Am I wrong or did she start her decline after she left Callaway? Maybe she should go crawling back haha

The great Chi Chi Rodriguez once said; “Golf is 95% mental and 35% psychological”. Ms. Ko agrees with this comment.

11 caddies at her age is a "normal transition"?

Sure, OK.

My first thought exactly. There is nothing normal about this. If anything, she's an outlier. I haven't read/heard anything about her personality-wise. She seems nice enough. Maybe just looking for someone to blame for her not dominating the LPGA anymore?

At some point it’s time to look in the mirror.

I'm stealing this from some movie (can't remember which one): I'm sure that old lady from 'Murder She Wrote' doesn't think she's doing anything wrong, but everywhere she goes, dead bodies start piling up. After a while you gotta ask "Is it me?"

Back