Your Favorite Vacation?

KEV

Proud 2018 The Grandaddy Alumni
Reaction score
Handicap
All this talk about beaches in another thread got me thinking about my past vacations. What has been everyone's favorite vacation you have ever been on? My wife and I are already starting to plan a trip for our 10 year anniversary in a couple of years and I'd love to hear others vacation ideas.

For me one of my favorite vacations that I make almost yearly is to visit my brother in the Black Hills of South Dakota. We play a ton of golf, do a lot of hiking and just enjoy the beautiful scenery. It is my happy place...

My other favorite trip was when my wife and I attended the Masters a few years back. We flew in to Jacksonville, spent time with friends and a lot of time on the beach, spent time in Savannah on the way to Augusta and just had a great road trip.

How about you?

I have two place..Cabo San Lucas or Colorado. Both obviously offer different scenery, but those two places are always at the top of the list for a vacation.

Hawaii -specifically Maui

Puerto Vallarta

Ocean City, MD. Absolutely love that place

The Grandaddy in San Diego and Palm Springs
I will say pretty much most of the grand THP Events.

For me it's tough, Waikiki HI was awesome but I also enjoyed Hilton Head,SC very much as well.

Sent from my SM-G900W8 using Tapatalk

For a trip with my wife sans kids, Hawaii is tough to beat. We used to go to Mexico quite a bit when we were younger but we now prefer Hawaii even though it's a little more expensive.

My personal favorite guys trip would be a cat or heli ski trip to central or northern British Columbia.

For a family trip, my favorite would be our annual family vacation to Gull Lake, Minnesota in the summer. We go with 3-4 other families and play golf first tee time every morning, get back before 11:00 am and have boating/water activities all day capped off by driving to dinner by boat to one the restaurants on the lake. We usually end the day on the beach with a bonfire, smores, and a few cocktails.

dsc029471.jpg

Last edited:
Easy for me, it's going to Wailea, truly content there which is tough for me.

Favorite I've ever done with family was probably Hawaii (Oahu, Big Island, and Kauai) in 2006 or Maine in 2012 (hiked Mt Katahdin).

Favorite just me trip was probably San Diego for #TheHandCraftedExperience. Just a perfect long weekend!

Dream vacations are Scotland/Ireland, New Zealand, and a heli skiing trip in BC/AB/AK.

Sent from my SM-G920P using Tapatalk

Favorite place for me was probably Kauai Hawaii. Super laid back, had a timeshare right on the ocean. Went for our honeymoon, and Bummed around Maui and Kauai for 2 weeks, Kauai was definitely my preference.

Now when we vacation, it is usually a shopping vacation. 2 or 3 days across the border to find some deals. Its been 4 years since a real extended vacation, and even then it was Hawaii for our honeymoon. Need another vacay!

Tough for me to pick just one.

Swimming with humpback whales in Cabo was an amazing, life changing opportunity.

All 3 THP events have been incredible.

New Mexico to see my closest friends is always a nice relaxing trip as well

The best vacation we ever had was a week at a dude ranch at a place near the Idaho / Wyoming border. Did more horseback riding than you can shake a stick at and a bunch of it was to move their cattle from one piece of property to the next. I know, I know. I said the same thing too and didn't want to do it. But it was awesome.

My golf trip to Hawaii was special, its just magical over there.

The Legacy week in Myrtle Beach was probably my favorite holiday I've ever taken. It just had everything and then some.

I'm a big fan of Maui

1962683_10101047818430856_5184489033778830628_n.jpg

11046855_10101049075416846_4963239260131284135_n.jpg

11043037_10101051066182336_3694742566429264061_n.jpg

11061719_10101053574405836_5316445315188576738_n.jpg

Msn, these places sound/look amazing! My wife and I struggle with our trips because she is the kind of person that likes to lounge around and relax where as I am the type that can't sit still and need to be doing something. I come back from vacation exhausted from doing activities but I feel rejuvenated.

Msn, these places sound/look amazing! My wife and I struggle with our trips because she is the kind of person that likes to lounge around and relax where as I am the type that can't sit still and need to be doing something. I come back from vacation exhausted from doing activities but I feel rejuvenated.

Feel your pain man, my girlfriend and I are the same way! I want to climb mountains, ski steeps, and play golf, she wants to do stuff but a lot more slow paced - museums, restaurants, easy hikes and walks, etc. What we actually end up doing is usually some mixture of the two.

My wife and I went to Maui in 2004. Every thing about that trip is perfect in my memory.

Favorite vacation ever: 2 weeks in New Zealand. Getting there is tough, but once you're there it's an amazing place.

Spring break with my college buddies in 2006 was a great time - we wen to Costa Rica for 5 days / 4 nights - it was just 4 of us but we had a blast....

Played golf, hung out with cheerleaders from University of Texas, and we rented vespas and explored the coast...

After that I would have to go with my trip to Ireland in 2012 - played at Killarney Golf and Fishing Club and went to Dublin, Shannon, Limerick, Killarney and Galway - great country to visit!

So far it has been Punta Cana in the DR. Going to St Georges in the Bahamas this year and hopefully it is the best yet

Par for the course (pun intended) for Hawaii

Maui is my favorite island though now that I'm older Kauai would be a nice place to go back to. Just a lot to do on Maui.

But that first hole you show, not sure where I'd aim, likely over the trees on the left and hope it doesn't come back and hit the palm I guess.

Very inexperienced in the travel game, so my favorite so far has been Vegas (twice). However, I am going to Puerto Vallarta in April for a friend's wedding.

My current bucket list vacation would be either Vietnam or Japan.

Back