Callaway Engagement with Harry Arnett

JB

Follow @THPGolf on Social Media
Albatross 2024 Club
Staff member
Reaction score
Harry Arnett has been at Callaway Golf for over 5 years now and the brand has completely turned around it's model for success. While at the 2018 PGA Show, we caught up with him and asked about what makes them different, how the engagement works and why golfers are responding. Fun interview with Michael Vrska and Harry chatting and even some thoughts about trash talking from the marketing team.

Harry is such a likable guy. Down to earth. Realistic and willing to engage. All of those things are important to a golf manufacturers success these days IMHO. Nice spot guys

There’s very few companies who engage as much as Callaway and harry does an awesome job of talking to the consumer directly, not just marketing.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Nothing like the pressure of an interview when your boss just walked in on it! Ha, that was great.

The thing I always come back to Harry and Callaway is the line that Harry just said, "You go try it." Pretty grass roots and to the point Callaway has been trying to make the last few years. Looks like people started to do just that.

Love listening to Harry. Concise, straightforward, honest, and will tell you exactly what he thinks. Truly is remarkable what he has helped to drive and the impact that has had on other companies.

He is a gamechanger.

Harry nailed why I love the brand. The customer is at the center of what they do. You can feel it in the service. You can feel it in the marketing and the social engagement. You can certainly feel it in The Granddaddy. It's authentic and I love it.

He’s the kind of guy you’d like to grab a beer with and what he’s done with the Callaway brand is simply remarkable. I think it stands above any other oem in golf and other industries should take notes.

Definitely enjoyed this interview that week. Likes who he works for and the team around him.

The tweets towards TaylorMade and Titleist were also an added bonus!

Great interview. I get the impression of what he said (re: not a company sitting on a mountain, preaching) on these boards, and a few other places, and I really like that approach. It would be great to see them (and other companies) go out and host social events and the like to further the engagement, so that people outside of the online world can get the same feeling.

Callaway decided to take a direct to consumer approach and I know Harry was a huge part of that. He and the company are so approachable, it’s impressive and an amazing success.

Callaway's rise to the top all started when Chip Brewer became CEO in 2012. He came over from Adams which, to me, was always a consumer oriented company.

Definitely enjoyed this interview that week. Likes who he works for and the team around him.

The tweets towards TaylorMade and Titleist were also an added bonus!

Told him that as well as you guys, I would never want to be on the wrong side of a twitter battle with Harry. Ever. Some people are still looking for their souls after a round or 2 with Harry.

Great interview.

I'm a big fan of people who don't take themselves too seriously, and like to mix it up a bit.

Lots of good content still streaming from the PGA show this year. Thanks to the team for all of your hard work!

My biggest takeaway - Harry and the marketing team at Callaway love THP. They look forward to the interaction here. Callaway may have great products across the spectrum, but the big differentiator (if that's a word) is their level of engagement. I see Finley laying into THPers and I want to meet the guy, and play their clubs.

Harry is always a great interview. I love the way he described the relationship between Callaway and THP.

Harry is such a likable guy. Down to earth. Realistic and willing to engage. All of those things are important to a golf manufacturers success these days IMHO. Nice spot guys

This is all spot on, which is why I find it hard to believe he actually went to Duke! (I guess it was just for his Grad work) :act-up:

Good spot with Harry. He seems like a genuine guy who loves golf and loves his job.

Great interview! I'm glad there is such a good relationship between Callaway & THP. I'm hoping all OEM's get to that point.

Great interview! I'm glad there is such a good relationship between Callaway & THP. I'm hoping all OEM's get to that point.

They are at that point. We just happened to be interviewing Harry : )

I watch this via FB and what a great interview. Someone in Harry’s position might not be accessible in other companies but he makes himself so. And I believe this is why their team is so successful. They follow the lead of Harry!

It's all about relationships and THP just has them.

I really enjoyed this bit of candid behind-the-scenes chat and when what was said is really backed up by action, and you have to love that. I think, speaking about Callaway in particular, is that it is a fundamental belief and ideology that making a more informed, and therefore, better consumer is a benefit to them and that is at the center of their marketing and customer engagement here at THP and elsewhere. I also like that little bit of what Harry said "you [as the customer] get to decide if we have the best products." Someone that has the best doesn't need to shove it down your throat or make outrageous shock claims to get attention and will have confidence that you will make the best decision for your game (hopefully with their products).

At the end of the day, it is just so great to get behind a brand that is run like the way Callaway is, top to bottom, with the customer coming first and providing the best tech out there in the world.

Harry has done wonders for Callaway! His leadership is a major reason they are where they are as a company!!

I effing love Harry.

Back