Vokey SM7 Fitting Tool

golfinnut

DANNY LE! WHAT A GUY!
Albatross 2024 Club
Reaction score
Handicap
HEAT!
https://www.vokey.com/tools/wedge-selector-tool.aspx

Go thru a series of questions to see what type of player you are, type of divots you take, where you like to play your wedges, etc.

My recommendations were just as they are in my bag! Woo-Hoo! I must be doing something right. HA!

SM7_List.jpg

Heres what I got

Below are your recommended SM7 Wedges
Voke recommends 4°-6° of loft separation between wedges in order to narrow yardage gaps, reducing the need to hit half wedge shots. This along with the information you have provided has combined to provide the below recommendations.

50°
Gap Wedge
F Grind - Bounce 08°

The F grind is an all-purpose grind that is particularly suited for full shots and shots hit with a square face. Ideal for players who prefer a traditional wedge sole. The F grind is the most played sand wedge on the PGA Tour.

54°
Sand Wedge
S Grind - Bounce 10°

The S Grind is a design based on feedback from Titleist brand ambassador Steve Stricker. It is best for square faced shots with a touch more versatility than the F grind. Simple mechanics are best with this wedge.

58°
Lob Wedge
K Grind - Bounce 14°

The K Grind is the highest bounce wedge in the lineup, and is the ultimate bunker club. The K Grind is a wide, full sole wedge with enhanced camber to make it forgiving from a variety of sand and turf conditions.

da7435eb243266bf4c5f86132a9f5201.jpg

Pretty much what i was looking to do anyway

This first recommendation is for my current set. When I did it with the lofts of the CBX irons I'll get at the Cleveland event, I got the same exact recommendations minus the 46* wedge.

46°
Pitching Wedge
F Grind - Bounce 10°

The F grind is an all-purpose grind that is particularly suited for full shots and shots hit with a square face. Ideal for players who prefer a traditional wedge sole. The F grind is the most played sand wedge on the PGA Tour.

50°
Gap Wedge
F Grind - Bounce 12°

54°
Sand Wedge
S Grind - Bounce 10°

The S Grind is a design based on feedback from Titleist brand ambassador Steve Stricker. It is best for square faced shots with a touch more versatility than the F grind. Simple mechanics are best with this wedge.

60°
Lob Wedge
D Grind - Bounce 12°

The D Grind is the newest edition to the Vokey lineup and is the player’s high bounce wedge. High measured bounce with the crescent shape of the M grind is ideal players with a steeper angle of attack who play with a variety of clubface positions.

Thanks Chris!

Here's mine. Pretty cool online tool.

I actually ended up going from a SM6 54F and 58K last year to 54M and 60M just by trial and error.

SM7.png

is it weird that in the description of the F grind, they are stating that it is "the most played sand wedge on the pga tour" yet everyone so far in this thread was shown the S grind as they recommendation in "sand wedge" loft?

i did this last week. it's a really cool tool, but still would want to test live to see what worked best

i just did the wedge fitting http://www.vokey.com/tools/wedge-selector-tool.aspx

recommended 50f, 54s and 60d. only one i question is the 54s. as bad as i am out of the bunker, i would think 54k would make more sense. i guess i'll just have to get into the first titleist event and find out for sure!

It is an interesting tool, but I would definitely have to swing them first as I have never had Titleist wedges.

This is what I came up with. Had to go mobile because the site wouldn't go past the "customize wedges" step on the desktop.

50°Gap Wedge - F Grind - Bounce 12°

54°Sand Wedge - S Grind - Bounce 10°

58°Lob Wedge - K Grind - Bounce 14°

I'd say I am close to that now with what I play and will continue to play.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

52°
Gap Wedge

F Grind - Bounce 08°

56°
Sand Wedge

M Grind - Bounce 08°
The M Grind, Voke’s favorite, is designed for players that like to rotate the club face open and close to manufacture shots around the green. Ideal for players with a shallower, more sweeping swing type who play shots from a variety of clubface positions.

60°
Lob Wedge

M Grind - Bounce 08°
The M Grind, Voke’s favorite, is designed for players that like to rotate the club face open and close to manufacture shots around the green. Ideal for players with a shallower, more sweeping swing type who play shots from a variety of clubface positions.

Heres what I got

Below are your recommended SM7 Wedges
Voke recommends 4°-6° of loft separation between wedges in order to narrow yardage gaps, reducing the need to hit half wedge shots. This along with the information you have provided has combined to provide the below recommendations.

50°
Gap Wedge
F Grind - Bounce 08°

54°
Sand Wedge
S Grind - Bounce 10°

58°
Lob Wedge
K Grind - Bounce 14°

The K Grind is the highest bounce wedge in the lineup, and is the ultimate bunker club. The K Grind is a wide, full sole wedge with enhanced camber to make it forgiving from a variety of sand and turf conditions.

What is it about this crazy game that have you and I so similar in so many specs on diffeent clubs. My fitting to a tee, not from the tool but from a Titleist fitting. Now all you have to do is order them in the Black, 1/2 long :D

What is it about this crazy game that have you and I so similar in so many specs on diffeent clubs. My fitting to a tee, not from the tool but from a Titleist fitting. Now all you have to do is order them in the Black, 1/2 long :D
Hahaha u at least probably have a short game to use them. I'm all for show

Hahaha u at least probably have a short game to use them. I'm all for show
Well they have helped take it from non existent to passable. But your driving the ball much better than I am these days from what i see.

50°
Gap Wedge
F Grind - Bounce 12°

54°
Sand Wedge
S Grind - Bounce 10°

60°
Lob Wedge
D Grind - Bounce 12°

The D Grind is the newest edition to the Vokey lineup and is the player’s high bounce wedge. High measured bounce with the crescent shape of the M grind is ideal players with a steeper angle of attack who play with a variety of clubface positions.

Basically what I would have picked for myself, and really close to what I'm gaming now.

My results:

46°
Pitching Wedge
F Grind - Bounce 10°

50°
Gap Wedge
F Grind - Bounce 08°

54°
Sand Wedge
F Grind - Bounce 14°

60°
Lob Wedge
D Grind - Bounce 12°

Vokey SM7 Fitting Tool

My results were.... interesting in the gapping..... I may have to give it a try:
46/50/54/60

I normally play 46 set, 52/56/60 non set
Tapatalk
32a3e335724d455d6060935d3dc965c2.jpg
c70a41199082a67ebf45e2377b7051dd.jpg
db64b34ea804b6c7a8452656a8fa79ea.jpg

b65672a7cc9e6583e8761310615065ec.jpeg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

What it spit out for me:

50°
Gap Wedge
F Grind - Bounce 12°

54°
Sand Wedge
F Grind - Bounce 14°

58°
Lob Wedge
D Grind - Bounce 12°

How I'll proceed with the recommendations:

Promptly ignore and continue playing my CBX wedges. :alien:

one thing i don't understand in the taglines for the grinds is when they say, "the f grind ... is particularly suited for ... shots hit with a square face. the f grind is the most played sand wedge on the pga tour." who on the pga tour plays sand shots with a square face?

one thing i don't understand in the taglines for the grinds is when they say, "the f grind ... is particularly suited for ... shots hit with a square face. the f grind is the most played sand wedge on the pga tour." who on the pga tour plays sand shots with a square face?

Nobody really, but a lot of people use the F grind for their gap and sand. They use the lob for bunker shots.

Nobody really, but a lot of people use the F grind for their gap and sand. They use the lob for bunker shots.

interesting. so they're hitting lw out of the sand, and treating sw more like a weak gw? that would make more sense.

my current 54 and 58 wedges have grinds very similar to the d grind. i would be interested in trying k grind in both sw and lw.

cool tool. Thanks for link.
Hit the M and D today at a PGA Tour SS. Really liked feel of M, which popped up in these results and love that brushed steel finish.
Definitely makes me want to get to a “Titleist Thursday” this season.

I have a strong pw at 44* so I was surprised to see it recommend a 50. But I’m glad to see the M grind in the 54 as I picked up a sm6 54 with the M grind.

4a42c7f8b14d2f373da771d1b42996bf.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

interesting. so they're hitting lw out of the sand, and treating sw more like a weak gw? that would make more sense.

my current 54 and 58 wedges have grinds very similar to the d grind. i would be interested in trying k grind in both sw and lw.

That’s what I do, 60 is almost exclusively used for free side bunker

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Back