Over/under: Callaway rogue lineup sales vs 2017 epic, steelhead lineup?

Grand Stranded

Keep grinding… you never know
Reaction score
Handicap
Let's forget about whether a club is better or worse then the other. Callaway is coming off a great year in 2017. Apex were still selling, Epic drivers... the Steelhead XRs were the highest selling iron last year. Callaway answered with the Rogue lineup in 2018. It's going to be tough for them to top what they did in volume sales last year in my opinion. What do you guys think? Will they go OVER or UNDER?

It wont outsell Epic
It will shatter Steelhead XR FWs

As long as companies manage inventory well, I dont care how many clubs they release. Choices are good for golfers.

It wont outsell Epic
It will shatter Steelhead XR FWs

As long as companies manage inventory well, I dont care how many clubs they release. Choices are good for golfers.
Totally agree about choices being good for us. I wish there were even more. Also agree about the SH fairways, but I'm linking the epic and Steelheads together for now. Hope that's fair, for reason of discussion. if not, lets just go with Epic woods vs Rogue woods, and Steelhead irons vs Rogue irons? Closer in price?

I think rogue irons outsell epic irons, but not in the woods.

Steelhead is going to be outsold by a lot I suspect.

Hard to argue with JB. I don't think it will outsell Epic based on the sheer number of people who went with the Epic last year. It's been discussed ad nauseam in the driver thread, try it out if you see no gains from your Epic stay put.

I think they will do well, Rogue is a quality line that I'm happy to be gaming.

Drivers - no
Woods - yes
Irons - not sure, I guess no.

I think rogue irons outsell epic irons, but not in the woods.

Steelhead is going to be outsold by a lot I suspect.

$899 versus $2000 for irons is hard to argue. I'd be willing to be the Epic irons didn't sell well at all.

I findi it interesting that people think the Rogue won't outsell the Epic in drivers when I can walk into Golf Galaxy and literally see an entire section of them. I want to say that it seems to me that they are stocking more drivers than they did for the Epic launch but it is at least a comparable amount. If that is the case, somebody somewhere is banking on the driver selling at least as well as the EPIC.

I'm sure the FW will sell more than Epic due to the introduction of jailbreak. I'm not sure what to think if the hybrids. I know they have jailbreak too but I don't necessarily feel the need to upgrade over my current hybrids.

I've gotten to hit all the Rogue lineup, and I like everything, the fairways the most if I had to pick. I'm not thinking Callaway is going to have a bad year, far from it. I'm just wondering if they can top last year. Their 2017 stuff was SO good, will there be a ease in momentum? Think in terms of Aaron Judge hitting 40 homers this season instead of last years output.

I findi it interesting that people think the Rogue won't outsell the Epic in drivers when I can walk into Golf Galaxy and literally see an entire section of them. I want to say that it seems to me that they are stocking more drivers than they did for the Epic launch but it is at least a comparable amount. If that is the case, somebody somewhere is banking on the driver selling at least as well as the EPIC.

I'm sure the FW will sell more than Epic due to the introduction of jailbreak. I'm not sure what to think if the hybrids. I know they have jailbreak too but I don't necessarily feel the need to upgrade over my current hybrids.

Early launch compared to sustained packed shelves to cover sales for a year are very different things.
EPIC demolished the competition by a landslide in sales. They sold out 2-3 times and had to reorder. That is a remarkable amount of drivers sold for a brand that less than a decade ago, some wondered if it would stay open.

$899 versus $2000 for irons is hard to argue. I'd be willing to be the Epic irons didn't sell well at all.
I think the Epic irons did fairly well given their target audience. I loved them when I hit them at ECPC and candidly would have been extremely happy with them in the bag had that been the way we went.

Early launch compared to sustained packed shelves to cover sales for a year are very different things.
EPIC demolished the competition by a landslide in sales. They sold out 2-3 times and had to reorder. That is a remarkable amount of drivers sold for a brand that less than a decade ago, some wondered if it would stay open.

I'll see how long it takes for my Rogue to arrive from Callaway since they didn't have it in stock for what I was fit. I was fit for the Epic at launch weekend and it arrived in a week. Could be because I'm left handed but I was fortunate to not experience any delays in the order. Callaway right now says 1-2 weeks for deliver of the driver but the fairways are "in stock".

I thought I saw on twitter something from some people at Callaway indicating some opening weekend sales number being bigger than Epic but I could be wrong. I couldn't find the tweet in question.

Drivers will not.
Fairway woods and hybrids will.
Irons is a toss up IMO.

I think the only item that would really boost 2018 over last year, will be the new Apex iron. So MANY of us are dying to see how they can top the cf16's.

I don't think they will sell as many Rogue Drivers as they did Epics.
I think they will sell way more Rogue fairways than they did either epics or steelhead fws
Irons is a tough call

I think overall their numbers this year will not be quite as good as last year. Just a guess because of how ridiculously good their numbers were last year, its hard to repeat that

Under in rogue vs epic driver sales
Over in rogue vs epic iron sales since the epic irons were limited quantities.
Under in rogue vs apex irons sales
Over in rogue vs epic or steelhead FW sales

Under in rogue vs epic driver sales
Over in rogue vs epic iron sales since the epic irons were limited quantities.
Under in rogue vs apex irons sales
Over in rogue vs epic FW sales

What's your opinion on Rogue irons vs Steelhead XRs? The SH were last years top selling iron...

I doubt Rogue driver sales come close to matching Epic. I see both the Rogue fairways and hybrids doing better than Epic. In fact the Rogue hybrids list for $30 less than Epic on Callaway Golf. Newer, jailbreak, and cheaper? That combo has to open some wallets. No clue on the irons.

Drivers - No
FW/Hybrids - Yes
Irons Rogue vs. Epic/Steelhead - Yes

Going to be difficult to topple the record Epic driver sales in 2017 but those who did upgrade and want to extend their bag in 2018 and have the disposable income I think will look to the Rogue and with the reviews to date, I see them outshining the Epic in the FW/Hybrid category.

Irons will be close though but with economy picking up I think Rogue will see some gains and as mentioned with limited Epic iron availability, numbers were lower. Many more models in the Rogue to satisfy various levels of HC so much more extensive line.

Drivers may not. Still a lot of people without Epics out there.

Fairways, hybrids, and irons will.

They are all #1 in golf in those categories so I would expect that trend to continue.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Driver no. Epic shattered sales for a driver.

Echo what most have to say that the woods and hybrids will smash sales with the jailbreak.

Irons are competitively priced with tech that increases ball speed, accuracy, and forgiveness. More than the Apex? No way. More than the Steelhead irons? I believe so.

I doubt Rogue driver sales come close to matching Epic. I see both the Rogue fairways and hybrids doing better than Epic. In fact the Rogue hybrids list for $30 less than Epic on Callaway Golf. Newer, jailbreak, and cheaper? That combo has to open some wallets. No clue on the irons.

You have to include the Steelhead line in the iron, hybrid, and wood comparison, though. The SH line the irons and hybrids were a lot cheaper (the hybrids by $50 and the woods $80). Steelhead was the line that Callaway pulled from their website the day Rogue preorders began, not the Epic.

Driver- nope
FW- blown out of the water yes.
Irons- seems very much yes.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Back