The Golf Pride Experience

JB

Follow @THPGolf on Social Media
Albatross 2024 Club
Staff member
Reaction score
Late last year, it was announced that Golf Pride would be building a new headquarters at Pinehurst. While this is still about a year away, we wanted to get more information about the decision. We spoke with Bruce Miller about the location, the reasoning and what golfers can expect to see when it opens.

https://www.thehackersparadise.com/golf-pride-experience-coming-soon/

I like seeing GP talking about a "grip fitting" and getting more feedback from amateurs & not just Pros.

One of the biggest manufacturers of grips going to be a big presence at Pinehurst ... I knew there was a reason why I wanted to go there.

Never been to Pinehurst, would love to make it there someday. Nice place to work though, beautiful area.

Not too far from here...... I have a cousin that goes there every year so I may be looking to tag along when they are up and running.

Smart move on GPs part getting right at the forefront of where tens of thousands of amateur golfers visit each year. Should prove to be positive experience for all consumers as well.

Clever idea!! Looking forward to it!

Cool stuff. I've been a golf pride user for the last 10-12 years I think

Sent from my STV100-2 using Tapatalk

If they need a newbie for testing I'm available just a few hours away.

First thought before watching the video and reading the thread - "A F'n THP & Golf Pride event in Pinehurst???!! That place is bucket list stuff for me." So, yeah... no on that one lol. Next thought - wonder if GP employees get special rates there now. Heck of a work incentive.

From a Golf Pride standpoint it makes a ton of sense. It provides a lot of exposure for their product, while benefiting consumers with a thorough grip fitting. Win-win.

I love the move, talk about a great way to get more traffic from amateur golfers through your door. Great stuff, cannot wait to see it unveiled when it's open!

Someone else said this but it is clever. Plenty of golf but not much else to do in Pinehurst. This could become a popular destination.

Very cool, grips are certainly something I take for granted, the extra info/fitting could be another little edge on getting my equipment fit for me and my game.

A grip fitting is definitely something I’ve never done and I’m sure it’ll be a really cool addition to any trip to Pinehurst

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

This is a very good move. The two just go hand in hand.

Smart move on GPs part getting right at the forefront of where tens of thousands of amateur golfers visit each year. Should prove to be positive experience for all consumers as well.

Yeah I agree. Its kind of a hidden gem right now, but opening it up has great potential.

This is cool.
I used to Import the grips at my old job.

Not on subject per se, but anyone wants to know they import cost per grip (at least back then)

Very smart of them to go to where the consumers are. Should hopefully generate even more sales for the and get their grips into new users hands.

It’s an interesting idea. I think grips are somewhat overlooked by a majority of golfers. Curious as to what a grip fitting entails but sounds like a good move for them.

That would be really cool! I'd love to have a trip planned to Pinehurst just to get there and find the Golf Pride Experience facility right on site. Grips are so overlooked too, I really think a grip fitting would be so cool and would help out most golfers.

That would be really cool! I'd love to have a trip planned to Pinehurst just to get there and find the Golf Pride Experience facility right on site. Grips are so overlooked too, I really think a grip fitting would be so cool and would help out most golfers.

This thread put some thoughts in my head for next year.......

Golf Pride. Aren't they one of the grand old names in the sport? For some reason, I recollect them, perhaps incorrectly, as being a major force in the game back in the '60s...it was like, if you had Golf Pride grips on your sticks, it was kind of a big deal...and to me, it still IS a big deal!
Which is why I specify GP grips on my clubs, if they are an option. New Decade Multi-Compound blue, to be exact. Wonderfully comfortable...and that is no small matter when your fingers start looking like Mountain Laurel branches...fingers all gnarled up...

Golf Pride. Aren't they one of the grand old names in the sport? For some reason, I recollect them, perhaps incorrectly, as being a major force in the game back in the '60s...it was like, if you had Golf Pride grips on your sticks, it was kind of a big deal...and to me, it still IS a big deal!
Which is why I specify GP grips on my clubs, if they are an option. New Decade Multi-Compound blue, to be exact. Wonderfully comfortable...and that is no small matter when your fingers start looking like Mountain Laurel branches...fingers all gnarled up...

Here is a look at the history of Golf Pride

Yeah. I checked it out on their site. Thanks...Grumpy...:surrender:

I dont think they have the THP TV video on their website, but if they do, even cooler. Lots of fun history pictures in that one as we talk with Bruce Miller about the history of the brand.

Really great idea & a smart move (literally) on Golf Pride's part. I know I'd feel more confident in my grips after getting fitted by them.

Back