Odyssey O-Works Red 2-Ball Fang

Very nice, Mark!!!

How pumped are you to get that on a green?

I’ve been rolling putts in the basement (It’s carpeted) already. Like the way it rolls. Again, never used a 2-Ball before so I’m liking the ease of aim. Here’s something that I noticed, If I hit the ball too hard and miss the target (I have one of these putting aids that returns the ball when you hit the button), the ball has what I presume is enough spin to roll up and over the unit. I can tell the difference on how the ball reacts in the putting aid between my previous practice putter, FGP and this one. Like the Microhinges are putting a spin on the ball so when the ball gets in the cup, it lands there solid.

Also found out there is no weight in the handle but an aftermarket SS CounterCore weight can be added. Golfworks has one for $10. Love to get a 75g weight in there to see how it feels.

BTW: You and I are 2 for 2 on reviews. First the Slay and now the 2-Ball. I read the reviews! Don’t think the new Forged Irons are going to be for me though.

Great review Dan! Was yours face balanced or did it have a slight toe hang? I'm wondering if a toe hang will help me from pulling my putts slightly left.

Great review Dan! Was yours face balanced or did it have a slight toe hang? I'm wondering if a toe hang will help me from pulling my putts slightly left.

When we’re at Callaway for the Grandaddy this year LukeWilliamsCG really emphasized that this year Odyssey was going to concentrate on two things: Mallets and Toe Hang Mallets. Their research showed that the High MOI of the Mallets and the Toe Hang could help improve Golfers to make more putts. That is why I picked up the Slant Shaft.

BTW: A lot of the TM spiders used on tour are slant necks.

When we’re at Callaway for the Grandaddy this year LukeWilliamsCG really emphasized that this year Odyssey was going to concentrate on two things: Mallets and Toe Hang Mallets. Their research showed that the High MOI of the Mallets and the Toe Hang could help improve Golfers to make more putts. That is why I picked up the Slant Shaft.

BTW: A lot of the TM spiders used on tour are slant necks.
Thanks. I am really excited to get to meet the Oddessy team in May at the Oddessy Experience.

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk

The 2-Ball I picked up today looks to have a weight in the handle of some sort:

7b63a042866fa9d9d0027442243c912e.jpg

I don't think it actually has the weight in it. My TM tour spider has the GT Pistol grip on it but it just had a cap on the end. I had to buy the 50g weight to put in there.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I’ve been rolling putts in the basement (It’s carpeted) already. Like the way it rolls. Again, never used a 2-Ball before so I’m liking the ease of aim. Here’s something that I noticed, If I hit the ball too hard and miss the target (I have one of these putting aids that returns the ball when you hit the button), the ball has what I presume is enough spin to roll up and over the unit. I can tell the difference on how the ball reacts in the putting aid between my previous practice putter, FGP and this one. Like the Microhinges are putting a spin on the ball so when the ball gets in the cup, it lands there solid.

Also found out there is no weight in the handle but an aftermarket SS CounterCore weight can be added. Golfworks has one for $10. Love to get a 75g weight in there to see how it feels.

BTW: You and I are 2 for 2 on reviews. First the Slay and now the 2-Ball. I read the reviews! Don’t think the new Forged Irons are going to be for me though.

Duh. I should have read this before posting my last response.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

The 2-Ball I picked up today looks to have a weight in the handle of some sort:

I don't think it actually has the weight in it. My TM tour spider has the GT Pistol grip on it but it just had a cap on the end. I had to buy the 50g weight to put in there.

Yeah that looks like the unweighted plug. The counter cores will have the weight printed on the cap.

Mark did you buy the counterweight already? If not send me a PM I think I have a few I’m never going to use.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Mark did you buy the counterweight already? If not send me a PM I think I have a few I’m never going to use.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

PM Sent.

BTW - Putted with this at the Dome on Wednesday Night and was just "Lights Out" - Love the 2-Ball Alignment Aid in a Toe Balance Putter. #GameChanger

Back