Rosemark NexGen Red, White & Blue 1.52 - THP Review Thread

Flatso 2.0 w/ 25g counter core weight in the butt & 3 12" strips of lead tape wrapped around the shaft at the base of the grip.
Clevis pin in the butt end of the shaft under the grip. Boom, instant back weight.

The question of which putter this goes on is a great one. On the one hand, I've got an Odyssey in for review but I am not particularly familiar with the nuances of the mallet.

As to which blade, I'm hard pondering throwing it on the SeeMore M7 PR. I know that putter like the back of my hand.

I agree on the durability. Bought my 1.52 Thorn (the one with the bumps) last March or April and have used it in sim league, about 15 rounds, and lots of practice. Holding up great.

Love the clevis pin idea . . .

The question of which putter this goes on is a great one. On the one hand, I've got an Odyssey in for review but I am not particularly familiar with the nuances of the mallet.

As to which blade, I'm hard pondering throwing it on the SeeMore M7 PR. I know that putter like the back of my hand.
M7 ftmfw

I dig my Rosemark

I wasn't a big fan of the early version but I'm glad they made some improvements. Especially the durability.

I've got this on my Toulon Madison (black finish garage) and will be taking it to the course today.

Some thoughts post install and putting green rolls:
- The diameter of the inner grip is a bit surprising. Rather tight, drawing some of the two sided tape through to the end as I slid the grip on. I actually see this as a good thing (nice and snug)
- With a grip like this, I expect soft and I really didn't get it (So excited for this!)
- The tack and the nubs that are all over the grip are really appealing to me - Gives it a heck of a lot more depth
- I made a lot of 10 footers

More later. Ask me questions!

Good initial thoughts Dan. Appreciate them.

I made some putts today. And I don’t hate it which is pretty huge for me.

Pops gave it one roll and regretted already buying a replacement grip for his putter. Seems like a hit.

More when I am not mobile.

First, and most importantly. I think Rosemark is providing their own definition of a large putter grip. I was fully expecting something soft and instead, it's actually quite firm. That feeling is definitely accentuated by what I'm calling the 'nubs' that surround the grip, but I think it also comes from the overall material profile. It just feels solid hand and not squishy which I love. I think it's really smart that they left the top section smooth, as I bet having anything else there would really bother me. It's nice to have in the fingers, but on the thumbs I want smooth and it's exactly what I am getting.

I have it on a fairly traditional blade profile, and I think it suits it well. As I am used to very narrow grips as my preference, I am betting any extended time would have me adding a touch of weight to the head to get a bit of that sensation back, but I think that falls purely on preference. For the winter'ish months here in Ohio, it's a bit of a blessing in disguise as it made it easier to really power through the stroke and get some speed on the ball.

I'm been a one grip kind of guy for a long time (repetition is peace), but I could easily place this grip in my tops for anything of the size profile and weight. Easily something I could play.

Back