SouthernShred

'16 Grandaddy Champ - Team Unity
Reaction score
Handicap
I don’t have a video but I’ve been fighting a push fade for about a month. I thought I had it solved but it keeps showing up. In general, what is the cause and some things I can check to correct this? I’ve been striking the ball really well otherwise.

A push fade is no different than an intentional one; it just starts out farther left, or right, than needed to. Try lining up down one side or the other with the intention of bringing the ball back to the middle...rather than starting it down the middle to begin with.

let's see what freddie has to say. it happens often to me too and i would love some ideas on how to keep it from happening.

I’ll second this request. This is my miss and it happens all too often.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Do you know where on the face you are hitting it? Like is any of the fade flight being caused by hitting towards the heel or do you think it is a face to path issue?

I’m assuming you still have the inside, short take away. If this is the case then you’re delivering from the inside on impact. The Club face is slightly open and right axis spin is imparted. The easiest fix is to make sure the left shoulder is getting behind the ball on the back swing. Then you have to get off that left side so the right side can come on down the line.

Captain Obvious here, but this is where we should all start with swing diagnosis: swing path and clubface orientation.

Swing path is to the right of the target line, probably in-to out.

Clubface is open relative to the swing path.

That's the easy part.

Figure out why those things are happening, and let me know, wouldya??? :D

Seriously, let me know.

my ball position was getting really far back in my stance, and that was causing a very open path (at least at impact), and an open face. so i was seeing pushes or push fades, and some extreme heel contact. since moving the ball more forward it has gotten better. my suggestion was going to be to set up a hitting station and focus hard on ball position.

I’m assuming you still have the inside, short take away. If this is the case then you’re delivering from the inside on impact. The Club face is slightly open and right axis spin is imparted. The easiest fix is to make sure the left shoulder is getting behind the ball on the back swing. Then you have to get off that left side so the right side can come on down the line.

No, my turn is bigger with a longer, straighter takeaway...much better tempo (3 to 1 ratio) and weight transfer. I do think I’m still dropping it inside and leaving the face open at the same time. I fixed it temporarily by throwing a headcover down behind and inside the ball to prevent myself from coming inside with the face open but I haven’t executed it on the course recently.

Not intending to hijack the thread, but Mr. Kong, has there ever been any thought of a video version of your swing tips for THP TV?

Not intending to hijack the thread, but Mr. Kong, has there ever been any thought of a video version of your swing tips for THP TV?

I’d love it but JB doesn’t like me on camera for some reason

Freddie just said it. When you get to your left side, the momentum will take over and the club face will close itself. You just have to be loose so you can let it. You'll know when you do it right and you get a nice high tight draw with zero effort after the weight shift.

Back