Are there many women who participate in this site?

gmiller598

Par 3 Net Zero
Albatross 2024 Club
Reaction score
Handicap
I'm just curious. I was having a discussion tonight with my girlfriend explaining to her about the events here and how they work and after I signed up for the Shaft Up today. She has dabbled in golf to give it a try but hasn't spent much time trying to get a useable swing. She knows all about the Cleveland event I attended a couple of years ago as well.

Her questions to me were if there were ever any women who attend these events and are they geared only towards men. I explained that this site is all inclusive, open to anyone and even allowed a beginner hack like me come to the Short Game shootout but it is more likely that there just aren't many women who participate in this site. Obviously Morgan is a big part of this and even though I only know most people by their user names I don't recall seeing many women as members on here.

So I figured I'd ask, are there many women who are members and for those that are, do you ever sign up to try to attend events? I recall that there was a couples event a couple of years ago before I became very active on here but I wasn't sure if there were ever any other events that had female participation in the past.

I'm just curious. I was having a discussion tonight with my girlfriend explaining to her about the events here and how they work and after I signed up for the Shaft Up today. She has dabbled in golf to give it a try but hasn't spent much time trying to get a useable swing. She knows all about the Cleveland event I attended a couple of years ago as well.

Her questions to me were if there were ever any women who attend these events and are they geared only towards men. I explained that this site is all inclusive, open to anyone and even allowed a beginner hack like me come to the Short Game shootout but it is more likely that there just aren't many women who participate in this site. Obviously Morgan is a big part of this and even though I only know most people by their user names I don't recall seeing many women as members on here.

So I figured I'd ask, are there many women who are members and for those that are, do you ever sign up to try to attend events? I recall that there was a couples event a couple of years ago before I became very active on here but I wasn't sure if there were ever any other events that had female participation in the past.
I've never seen a female at an event not named Love Is In The Air (Which was such a fantastic event). But I know there have certainly been a few women that post. None that I can think of off hand... Besides Morgan of course.

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk

I know when the site was brand new there were several women who started threads and posted a lot. Not sure what happened to them. I also know a couple have joined THP recently, but I don’t know how active they are.

I think it would be nice if women had a bigger presence on THP.

I think there was also a female at the Bridgestone invitational a couple years ago at Olde Stonewall.

I've never seen a female at an event not named Love Is In The Air (Which was such a fantastic event). But I know there have certainly been a few women that post. None that I can think of off hand... Besides Morgan of course.

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk

a few i thought were women but very well may be wrong: @inga, @kellybo and @intherough.

then we get mrs. philly v popping in every now and then, and i think maybe al's wife has an account and posts sometimes during the grandaddy.

those are the ones i can think of.

I know when the site was brand new there were several women who started threads and posted a lot. Not sure what happened to them. I also know a couple have joined THP recently, but I don’t know how active they are.

I think it would be nice if women had a bigger presence on THP.

We ran them off when we kept asking them to make us sandwiches. :alien: I mostly blame @Smallville for that. I'm joking of course. We did have a good number of very active female members early on and like other members, they moved on for one reason or another. I'd love to see more women get involved in golf and around here.

There have been some over the years. Maybe they saw the comments that popped up whenever Holly Saunders or Paige Spiranac was mentioned and they ran away as quickly as they could.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

There was a thread recently with a lady that sounded like she was retired and was interested in possibly entering some of the events.

Back