GU Podcast: Harry Arnett of Callaway Joins Tonight!

golfunfiltered

Johnny Unhappy Pro
Reaction score
Handicap
Recording a podcast with Callaway's Harry Arnett tonight, which will be released 2/26.

Got questions? List them below and we'll try to answer a few.

Are ball speeds ever going to be maxed out? With the success of Jailbreak Technology & the immense amount of ball speeds coming off the face of the drivers, what's next in R&D with Callaway? Is there ever going to be a point when you say "we can't make a driver better than this?" I mean with the restrictions put on manufacturing by the USGA.

Really kicking it out of the park lately buddy! Keep it up Adam!

Sent from my STV100-2 using Tapatalk

What is the product you thought would be bigger in terms of buzz or sales and it just didn't flourish as you thought it would?

What is the next big boom in a product category?

What piece of equipment/technology will make a revival/trend in the next 5 years?

What is your best/fondest memory of leading the Zoo Crew?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I'd like to know where Harry speculates his company, Callaway, will be in 5 years. Could be in terms of market share numbers, sales, tech, anything.

I'd also like to see if he thinks Callaway can do anything in the future, or is currently, to get new people interested in picking up the game? I know they had their hand in Top Golf and some other things, but just curious if they have any ideas to get the next generation of golfers out from in front of a screen and outside on a course (or even swinging a club).

What is Harry's dream job? Wondering if he already has it.

Adam, keep up the good work. I've listened to 10+ new and old podcasts in the last few weeks.

What is Harry's dream job? Wondering if he already has it.

Adam, keep up the good work. I've listened to 10+ new and old podcasts in the last few weeks.

Thanks for listening!

Q: Callaway has grown with the acquisition of some other brands and has expanded their footprint into more of a lifestyle brand than a golf only brand. Is that something that Callaway is going to continue to explore?

General marketing question: What would Harry recommend a new entrepreneur starting a services-based business do to maximize marketing to generate interest without spending a bunch of money?

Callaway question: What did he learn the most from last year that will help him this year?

Q- With all of the tech going into woods these days, what's on the horizon for irons?

Q for Harry: a few years ago, you were part of the #1 company in golf, and over the years there was quite a bit of "brain drain" that likely contributed to their fall from the top. Now that Callaway is at the top, do you worry about the same thing happening, or is there something special in the culture at Callaway to keep that from happening?

People are critical of the amount of iron lines currently out and how rogue “seemed” come so quickly on the heels of the Epic line.

How would he explain the iron lines are necessary and the decision to release Rougue.

Q- will Callaway ever produce or maybe by the rights to the putter.....??? Lol

Q- will Callaway ever produce or maybe by the rights to the putter.....??? Lol

In a similar vein. If THP (the members, not the company) buys a Darth Vader mask will Harry make Jason Finely wear it in all staff meetings? ??

I kid of course.

Looking forward to hearing this one too Adam! You’re getting the A list this month for sure!

Episode drops Monday!!

Harry and I go deep and candid into #BallWars and he holds nothing back about his thoughts on Titleist and the current state of golf marketing. We also discuss the main differences between Epic and Rogue. Harry even touches on the opinion that Callaway has too many iron choices in their rotation.

Episode drops Monday!!

Harry and I go deep and candid into #BallWars and he holds nothing back about his thoughts on Titleist and the current state of golf marketing. We also discuss the main differences between Epic and Rogue. Harry even touches on the opinion that Callaway has too many iron choices in their rotation.

Harry is always a good interview, this sounds like a must listen

Episode drops Monday!!

I'll be tuning in on Monday and look forward to hearing Harry's comments about iron choices.

Looking forward to listening to this

Episode drops Monday!!

Can't wait. Love Harry's candor

Finally got around to this yesterday and it was a good interview with Harry. I'm sure he and Callaway hope to stop comparing Epic and Rogue as they are their own line, not a replacement by any means haha. Always giving the consumer options with different lines for different types of players/price points is key, and he alluded to the fact that most manufactures do this as well.

Loved the ball war debate!!

Good listen, other than the THP'ers all being drunk when he sees them thing :alien:

Great listen - i liked Adam’s observation of Callaway moving to more of a lifestyle brand

Also that Ogio sells more bags than all of the golf oems selling golf bags combined is a crazy stat

Was a great episode with a lot of great discussion! Thumbs up!

Question for Harry: What would be worse, losing a singles match to a swing like Tequila4Kapp in the Grandaddy or being forced to look at that swing for an entire weekend?

Back