Golf Club Charities?

Stryker

#NothingFeelsLikeAMizuno
Reaction score
This may be the wrong forum to post and if so please move this but I know I read somewhere that there was a golf club charity where you could donate clubs for veterans or active military. I would be interested in finding out more information about this and any other worthy charities like this for other groups that our THP family has had experience with in the past.

I found a set of W/S C200 a older guy won and had regripped with GP medium grips. He says he took them out 3 times and just prefers his old clubs. According to him, some have never been hit at all. He is asking $95 for this set of clubs which I think is an amazing price for them. I am going to buy a 2018 model set of irons for myself this year but when I saw this I started thinking for that price its a shame it could not go to someone who could really use them.

I am supposed to go meet him next week and get these and my thought was I would find a deserving charity to donate them to where they would be used by someone who would really benefit from them. I guess if I can't find something like that I will either keep em for a back up set or sell them but would much rather find them a good home.

http://smgaboston.org

I did some work with the Salute Military Golf Association back in New England. They’re a nonprofit that works in conjunction with post 9/11 veterans. Some of the most down to earth and nicest guys I’ve ever met. The SMGA helps give returning veterans who might’ve been injured in combat a place to come talk and hang out with other veterans, and a mental “out” to escape from any post combat issues they might be having.

Shoot me a PM if this is something of interest. I can put you in contact with someone in the Boston Chapter

Sent from HTX

Back