How Many Wedge Brands Do You Try?

2 or 3 and it's usually in a sim so typically go by what weighting feels best in my hands and what sounds the best.

4 brands. But I always come back to the same wedges.

The problem with trying different wedges is finding a way to demo them. PGA finally has wedges to demo on the sims, but not sure you can tell a lot from that. Really have to demo them outside to get a feel for how you use them with all the different situations they are used for. So you have to buy and try and hope they are what you are looking for. Keeps me from trying a bunch of different ones and gravitating to the same ones I have when I replace them.

Over the many years I've typically had two brands in the bag - Ping & Cleveland. But just recently I've added a Callaway 64* PM Grind to the bag so it's Ping & Callaway. I'm curious as to why Ping has never offered a 64* wedge? If you look at my bag makeup you'll notice that I love wedges.

I've played Vokeys, the first TM ATV's, the 14 TM TP wedges in standard and ATV grinds, and now Bridgestone J15 wedges.

The only difference I've been able to see are due loft and bounce. I don't seem to gain anything from the various grinds, but maybe that's from not knowing when or how to effectively use specific grinds.

I'm also guilty of buying wedges to match my current iron set, versus trying to find what performs best for me.

I honestly don't go out of my way to try any brands.

If I look at one, like the looks and it is in the options I want, I buy it. I have never hit a wedge in a hitting bay. I have only ever bought off the shelf and gone straight to the course.

In my country it's not easy to find wedges that have the bounce I want, which is the lowest, because the places I play have a wide variety of turfs, with the tight lies and hard bunkers being the hardest to adapt to.

I now have Vokeys, but I did use to have Cleveland 588s and the TM RAC. I'm also find with using the wedges that come with the OEM's.

I don't really try too many before buying as I find it hard to demo wedges. That being said, I don't have a brand loyalty. I will play whatever suits my eye and wallet the best.

I tend to stick with the a couple of brands I have used before. For 2016 I would like to try several and see what works best for my game.

Wow, No clue what wedges I would have ended up with had I not been able to hit them from the bunkers in our short game area. I didn't realize so many places didn't offer true club demos!

Usually Cleveland, Callaway and Ping. But when you win some Hopkins on THP and they work...well.....

3 every year for sure. Mack Daddy, Vokey, Cleveland. Would like to try those blue mizunos this year along with the Nike wedges.

Right now I have Bridgestone, Tour Exotics, Mizuno and Callaway in my bag. I have played Taylormade, Hopkins, Cleveland Maxfli, and Cobra. Whatever works.

I look at 4 different brands when looking at new wedges. Vokeys, Callaway, Cleveland and Mizuno.

I used to look at all wedge brands to be honest. I have recently fallen in love with the callaway md3 wedges and I am confident that I will continue to play callaway wedges for the rest of my life. Love the jaws wedges and these md3s are so good.

i usually stick with Cleveland and Vokeys but the MD3s are tempting me.

i usually stick with Cleveland and Vokeys but the MD3s are tempting me.

The feel of the MD3 is so much better than any Vokey I've ever gamed. And that goes back to the Vokey 200 series

How Many Wedge Brands Do You Try?

Right now everything has to measure up to Bridgestone. I know there are other brands that are solid but nothing has immediately knocked them out of the bag. I love the last ok of Callaway and Titleist Vokies. But only 56* seem to work for me in those brands. The Cleveland wedges from the last couple of years haven't impressed. The 588 RTG really work for me so I judge off of those. As it relates to Clevelands.

I don't see my Bridgestone's going anywhere until they are worn out but I typically look at Titleist, Cleveland and Mizuno when searching. I may buy another set of J15's so I don't have to worry about looking for quite some time.

I think I've only ever hit 2-4 different kinds of wedges actually now that I've thought about it

I have 3 Hopkins wedges...I haven't been playing for long but I also tried Callaways before I purchased Hopkins. Are any of you going to give the new Bombtech wedges a shot? 69.99 is a pretty crazy price

I have played callaway (md2, md3, pm grind) and W/S (fg tour) this year. Before that I was a big Vokey guy. I recently put in a couple orders for some new wedges on ebay to try them out at a lesser price. I picked up a Bridgestone and a cleveland wedge. I will try as many different brands as a I possibly can.

I only have some Cleveland rotex wedges which i didnt even try before buying as the shop i brought them from in Aussie didnt have a facility to try. I just went off from what id read on THP. The local golf shop that sells the MD3 wedges id like to try only has an indoor setup, which i think wouldnt be great for trying wedges, and the fact im worryed about damaging a $250 wedge i cant afford to buy at the time.

Really the only 2 I have had the chance to try around here is Cleveland and Vokey's.
The golf shops here are terrible at carrying a varied supply.
But....a month into this season, I had the opportunity to buy a 52* Mackdaddy 2 that had one round on it for $20 from a playing partner.
I snapped it up without even swinging it and absolutely love it.

I've tried every wedge. Scratch and mizuno are best for me. My setup scratch 47 scratch 53. Mizuno 56. Tmag 60 atv.

Looking to replace the lob wedge. Haven't found anything better. Want a wedge that I can open the face and hit full shots. With a milled face.

Waiting on some prices to drop around black Friday.

Back