Went to Golfsmith to get some tees. Big mistake.

robmypro

Reaction score
So the wife and i stopped in to GS today to get some tees. Of course, i have been in super ponder mode on the AP2's, so guess where i headed first? And there they were, looking so nice. And sitting right next to them were the AP1's. I probably spent 10 minutes comparing the two sets, when a salesman comes over and asks if i needed any help. Nope, i am good. There is NO WAY i am walking out with new clubs today! JB, this thread may be of particular interest to you, since you have been asking about the psychology of purchases.

I turn around and there is a set of 714 AP1's, which i was also seriously pondering. And to make matters worse, they had a nice used set of AP2 (712's). So keeping in mind that i have spent the last month drooling over Titleist irons, drivers, hybrids, etc., it only makes sense that i bought a very nice set of used Apex irons (3-AW - 9 irons in all). LOL.

What can I say, i hit them right along with the AP1's and the numbers weren't lying. I consistently hit the Apex irons further, and they just clicked for me. The forged irons felt really nice, and to sweeten the deal, the store took $100 off the iron set, so i ended up spending $600 for 9 like-new clubs.

It helped that i read so many good things about these irons.

Go figure.

Going to the golf store for me is never just an in and out affair. I will just take my time and look at all the nice, new and shiny stuff. Congrats on the purchase!!

Ha that's good stuff. Congrats on the new irons. This is exactly why I have been avoiding all golf stores currently.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Been there done that ��

Congrats on the new sticks.

So did you get the tees or not?

Congrats on the new irons, did you hit up against the 714 ap1 or 716 model ?
Thanks gb

I've been there. Went to the PGA SS for a cheap travel bag, left with a travel bag, 2 new wedges, grips, and a dozen balls.

Congrats on the new irons, did you hit up against the 714 ap1 or 716 model ?
Thanks gb

I hit the 714 ap1. I decided against hitting the 716 because i didn't want to spend that much. Solid hits with the 6i were 200-213 yards with the Apex vs. low 190's with the AP1's. More solid hits with Apex.

Yeah. That's the golf equivalent of housewives in a shoe and bag outlet sale.

Way to go, enjoy those new clubs. By chance did you compare them to the newest Callaway apex irons?

Back