#BagBattles - What's Yours?

Just word of advice, if at first the Atlanta feels off, try another weight in the sole. It came alive once I put the tungsten weight in the sole.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I prefer the Tungsten weight in my Columbus, I’ll remember that when the Atlanta gets here.

I prefer the Tungsten weight in my Columbus, I’ll remember that when the Atlanta gets here.

If you hate the tungsten weight, let me know.

4W vs 58/64° SureOut

I suspect once it's warm enough to play again, the fairway wood vs mini driver battle will resume full force yet again. I just can't seem to settle on one...

Sent from my SM-G920P using Tapatalk

Epic is on notice. I ordered a G400 MAX today. Of course, now that I showed the Epic the receipt for the PING, it will probably start behaving in my match tomorrow. I also decided to bench my Scotty Newport 2. The Seemore is going in the bag tomorrow. Says a lot about the state of my game, not good when the driver and putter are both misbehaving. :bad:
Hahaha, that's the way it usually goes! They know!

3 Wood: Steelhead XR vs Epic SZ/Rogue SZ/TEE CBX
The steelhead performs well thanks to the VTS Red, but I feel like I'm leaving something on the table... the VTS Silver is a better fit for my swing, but I doubt I could keep the launch high with the XR...

5 Wood: Steelhead XR vs Wilson C300 2hy/Callaway Apex 2hy
I actually get along really well with this club, but what can I say... I'm a sucker for a 2hybrid. I'm unsure if either will kick the XR out of the bag, but it will be fun to try out the new V2 and VTS Silver hybrid shafts

Tomorrow it's going to be rogue vs epic in the driver spot as well as new ChromeSoft vs ChromeSoft X on the front and back 9. Should be fun round

I suspect once it's warm enough to play again, the fairway wood vs mini driver battle will resume full force yet again. I just can't seem to settle on one...

Just get a Rogue 3W+ , problem solved...

Just get a Rogue 3W+ , problem solved...

The thing is, I need loft so 16* works for me and strong 3w's typically don't. If they have a big head 4w though I might be in business

The thing is, I need loft so 16* works for me and strong 3w's typically don't. If they have a big head 4w though I might be in business

I think you are the majority, for most, the 13.5 is just not going to be as easy of a fit. Not everyone can, or should, play that low of a loft in a fairway wood.

Right now it’s

Driver - F8/M4/Rogue Draw
Putter - Toulon Atlanta vs Scotty Notchback

I think you are the majority, for most, the 13.5 is just not going to be as easy of a fit. Not everyone can, or should, play that low of a loft in a fairway wood.
Hell I can barely play 15* haha

Check out my signature. I can’t settle on clubs to save my life. 4 iron? Or maybe a hybrid? Or 2? 4 wood? Or 3 wood? Or both? Scotty Cameron? Maybe. But the O-works putter is gaining ground. I hate to say it...but it just FEELS better than the Scotty. It does. No lie. And performance is virtually identical...that’s the biggest battle in the bag right now.

I’m going to get a new driver soon, but I’m getting a driver lesson on Tuesday to sort out my swing first. Will be interesting what driver I end up with. I tend to stick with a Driver for more than one season...so it will be significant

So here's the specs for tomorrow's bagbattle

Both set to N/S - 45" playing length
Epic (191.5g) with testor shaft is D0.5

Rogue (192g) with testor shaft is D1

I concur. I have a 14.5 in the bag, but it is strictly for the tee. If I know I will be hitting fairway off the deck for a course more than once, the 4 wood is in the bag. Just too low of a loft for my swing speed (98ish...sometimes 100...sometimes 95...)

Three wood battle....stick with the 16'M2 Tour or try out the Rogue SubZ?? hmmm....

Apex vs XForged
md forged vs sm6 vs something new
Alpha 816 vs rogue fairway

Well, looks like Rogue 15.0 is in, and Beta 15.0 is out. For now.

Now, its EX10 5w vs Rogue Heavenwood.

And still MD4 vs SM6 Wedgeworks.

Oh, and G400 is taking all comers, namely Rogue and F8.

Well, looks like Rogue 15.0 is in, and Beta 15.0 is out. For now.

Now, its EX10 5w vs Rogue Heavenwood.

:popcorn:

And still MD4 vs SM6 Wedgeworks.

Oh, and G400 is taking all comers, namely Rogue and F8.

Based on your feedback in the thread this doesn't surprise me at all.

:popcorn:

Based on your feedback in the thread this doesn't surprise me at all.

It'll take a LOT to unseat the G400. Frankly, if not for a good trade for a Rogue head, I wouldn't even try. But, it'll 100% get a fair shake.

My current #BagBattle is going to be involving the flat stick: incumbent White Damascus Protype iX #9HT vs challenging O-Works Black #7s.

This is going to be fun, I added it to my sig.

Not a fair fight, but the 816 is trying to fend off the Rogue SZ.

Current #BagBattle is basically my X-Forged UT vs Rogue FW. Right now the UT is winning out! Not surprising as I hit irons better than woods however

I am happy with what I am getting out of the 5I spot, so current #bagbattle is going to be the long standing favorite Callaway Epic SZ 10.5*/w PX Evenflow blue against the new comer Cleveland Launcher HB 10.5* with the Miyazaki C.Kua....

I loved the Cleveland Classic with the C.Kua and I know this head is a lot different but excited to try it out!!!!

So here's the specs for tomorrow's bagbattle

Both set to N/S - 45" playing length
Epic (191.5g) with testor shaft is D0.5

Rogue (192g) with testor shaft is D1

so from one round of testing, the rogue launched higher and ease over the epic but the epic was significantly easier to control laterally. My miss with the rogue was high and right while the miss with the epic was left

Back